Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Scheme/Enchantress I believe I found a bug  (Read 1502 times)

KrIcE

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Scheme/Enchantress I believe I found a bug
« on: March 10, 2020, 02:32:45 pm »

This story begins with an activated enchantress + scheme. I asked my opponent and he wrote it off, but then it affected him as well. When enchantress is activated and the other player plays scheme 1 of 2 things happens. Scenario 1 involves enchantress affecting a card when you play it, but that card keeping its properties. Scenario 2 involves enchantress affecting a card when you play it, but it losing its properties for the remainder of the turn. Regardless of which camp you're in, the game allows situations from either camp (I believe).

Scenario 1

I had an active enchantress and he used Treasurer. During his buy phase, he used scepter to replay the enchantressesed treasurer and the card worked as if enchantress was never in play (he got +3 and trashed a copper). The text of enchantress supports this happening. The effect only affects when you initially play the card.

Scenario 2

He had an active enchantress and I played 3 schemes in a single turn, the first getting hit by enchantress. Using the same logic from scenario one, at the end of my turn, I should have the option to save three schemes, but I did not--I could only save 2. This means that the first scheme was not actually scheme it was a different card altogether.

I believe this is a bug, because the game should always follow either scenario, but not both. According to the text of enchantress, scenario 1 appears to be correct. Anyways, would love feedback. Maybe I just missed something.

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
Re: Scheme/Enchantress I believe I found a bug
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 02:45:24 pm »
+2

This story begins with an activated enchantress + scheme. I asked my opponent and he wrote it off, but then it affected him as well. When enchantress is activated and the other player plays scheme 1 of 2 things happens. Scenario 1 involves enchantress affecting a card when you play it, but that card keeping its properties. Scenario 2 involves enchantress affecting a card when you play it, but it losing its properties for the remainder of the turn. Regardless of which camp you're in, the game allows situations from either camp (I believe).

Scenario 1

I had an active enchantress and he used Treasurer. During his buy phase, he used scepter to replay the enchantressesed treasurer and the card worked as if enchantress was never in play (he got +3 and trashed a copper). The text of enchantress supports this happening. The effect only affects when you initially play the card.

Scenario 2

He had an active enchantress and I played 3 schemes in a single turn, the first getting hit by enchantress. Using the same logic from scenario one, at the end of my turn, I should have the option to save three schemes, but I did not--I could only save 2. This means that the first scheme was not actually scheme it was a different card altogether.

I believe this is a bug, because the game should always follow either scenario, but not both. According to the text of enchantress, scenario 1 appears to be correct. Anyways, would love feedback. Maybe I just missed something.

It's not a bug. Scheme's topdecking clause only activates when it's played. The first time you played it, since it was enchanted, that clause did not come into play.

Another way to say this is that this is not a below the line property of the card, but an effect that activates when you play it. (this is also why if you TR a scheme, you can topdeck 2 cards)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 02:50:39 pm by scolapasta »
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Scheme/Enchantress I believe I found a bug
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 02:50:51 pm »

Welcome to the forum! Note that this is the Dominion Strategy forums; not the Shuffle iT / Dominion Online forums. Though Dominion Online is discussed plenty here; the Feedback section is for feedback about the Dominion Strategy Forums; not about the Dominion Online client.

The Shuffle iT forums can be found here: http://forum.shuffleit.nl/index.php
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.