Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Menagerie Delivery Date  (Read 1169 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1683
    • View Profile
Menagerie Delivery Date
« on: March 06, 2020, 03:46:03 pm »

The Amazon posting for Menagerie says that the estimated delivery date is September 10-16, a whole 6 months from now. Does anybody know why it's so long when the game is coming out in only a week and a half?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:47:47 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Menagerie Delivery Date
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:57:26 pm »
+3

Yes, I asked the same question in the Discord. Other people said that if you try to pre-order it now, you might get the game shipped by third party sellers in September (because they might not get copies until later). People who had ordered off of Amazon at release times before suggested to wait until the release date and then order from Amazon directly then; it shouldn't take longer than normal to get the game if you do that.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1351
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 03:59:34 pm »

Yes, I asked the same question in the Discord. Other people said that if you try to pre-order it now, you might get the game shipped by third party sellers in September (because they might not get copies until later). People who had ordered off of Amazon at release times before suggested to wait until the release date and then order from Amazon directly then; it shouldn't take longer than normal to get the game if you do that.

Makes sense.  I just checked the Amazon listing, and it says "Ships from and sold by NYC Collectibles", so it definitely looks like that date's based on ordering it from that third party vendor
They/them

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 05:04:46 pm »

The Amazon posting for Menagerie says that the estimated delivery date is September 10-16, a whole 6 months from now. Does anybody know why it's so long when the game is coming out in only a week and a half?
The release date is still March 18. It may take a day or two longer due to where you are in the country (I think they start in Chicago); there may be an unforeseen delay in e.g. customs (none reported yet). If online stores don't have it right around the release date, that's sure a mystery, and I'd just find an online store that isn't making that mistake.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 05:12:52 pm »
+1

coolstuffinc.com says March 2020; that's where I pre-ordered from
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.