Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The list of Donald's fake cards  (Read 12799 times)

jaketheyak

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +613
    • View Profile
Re: The list of Donald's fake cards
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 12:35:31 am »
+4

Sorry to unceremoniously get this thread back on track, but I've been reading through the "Interview" thread and came across this:

Baptism - Action, $2
Name a card. If a card with that name would be trashed this game, instead, it goes to heaven.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 01:04:49 am »
+5

Sorry to unceremoniously get this thread back on track, but I've been reading through the "Interview" thread and came across this:

Baptism - Action, $2
Name a card. If a card with that name would be trashed this game, instead, it goes to heaven.
I knew there must be more out there. The only one I could remember was

Caterer: Action, $2
Trash this. Gain a Feast.

sc0UT

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: sc0UT
  • Respect: +106
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 10:13:19 am »
+1

Just to make clear I ignored scout and went for a kind pandain avatar.

bedlam

• Bishop
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 02:49:33 pm »

The context for the first 3 was all related to a question about what would happen if you played Copper during Black Market action, then later played a Coppersmith. People were wondering if the already-played Copper would get the bonus. Of course it doesn't.

Can I get clarification on this statement? Sure, if you had spent the copper you played in the black market action then it wouldn't get the bonus, but if it is unspent...Coppersmith doesn't say that coppers played after it produce +1coin, it says that copper in general produce +1coin. So why wouldn't a copper played during the black market action (but unspent) be worth 2coin during your buy phase?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 02:54:28 pm »
+5

The context for the first 3 was all related to a question about what would happen if you played Copper during Black Market action, then later played a Coppersmith. People were wondering if the already-played Copper would get the bonus. Of course it doesn't.

Can I get clarification on this statement? Sure, if you had spent the copper you played in the black market action then it wouldn't get the bonus, but if it is unspent...Coppersmith doesn't say that coppers played after it produce +1coin, it says that copper in general produce +1coin. So why wouldn't a copper played during the black market action (but unspent) be worth 2coin during your buy phase?
The amount Copper produces only matters at the moment you play the Copper. The Coppers played earlier in the turn would now produce $2, if only you played them, but you aren't playing them, you played them already, and when you played them they just made $1.

Playing treasures gives you coins to spend, just like playing actions that produce coins. You spend the coins rather than the treasures; the treasures are out of the picture. Normally this distinction is less visible, because you play your treasures and immediately spend the money or don't.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2014, 11:14:54 pm »
+1

Obviously Donald's answer is correct; but to put it another way, you don't ever "spend Coppers", so there's no such thing as an "unspent Copper". You only spend "coins", which are a virtual currency that you never see; "coins" are produced by cards like Copper and Woodcutter.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.