Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: King's court/Bishop Golden Deck  (Read 1926 times)

EricWinkler

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
King's court/Bishop Golden Deck
« on: February 14, 2020, 07:52:41 pm »

I found a new combo that I haven't run across before today, while playing online.  It goes something like this:

Thin down with any trasher until your deck consists of 2 King's Courts, 1 bishop, 1 terminal silver, and any other card. Once you have these 5 cards, play King, King, terminal silver, Bishop.  This will net you $9, and trash the 5th card.  You then buy a Province, and repeat.  You will get 7 points per turn and, with decent trashing, empty the Provinces by turn 17-18 with ~60 points.  If Provinces are being contested, you can buy golds instead and still get 6 points per turn. 

Obviously, a discard attack will wreck this strategy.  You can do the same thing with Colonies if there is a terminal gold (like treasurer) in the kingdom.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: King's court/Bishop Golden Deck
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 04:46:20 am »
+1

The reason this isn't mentioned is that you can do the same thing without King's Court, just by Bishop/Gold/Gold/Silver/Province. It'll give 2 fewer VP per turn, but it's easier to set up.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
Re: King's court/Bishop Golden Deck
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 05:45:27 pm »
+3

Pretty cool strategy EricWinkler but on most boards with King's Court there are other strategies that score more than 7 points per turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.468 seconds with 20 queries.