Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: All the errata in one place?  (Read 2568 times)

Tozar

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: Tozar
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
All the errata in one place?
« on: February 07, 2020, 06:39:29 pm »

Is there somewhere I can find all the official errata in a single place?

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1353
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
Re: All the errata in one place?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 10:16:27 pm »
+2

like for all cards ever, all in one document? Jeebus has you covered

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 08:48:08 pm »
+2

I think the question was more of a question about finding all of the places where the official rules deviate from the current printed versions of the cards, written down in one document, which is actually something I would like as well. Jeebus's document is great, but it also has all the cards in which the rules are the same as in the printed version. Even just a list of which cards to look for to find changes would be nice. Some of them are easily memorable, like all the command cards, but I am unlikely to remember that Lantern has changes to look for, for example.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1353
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:25:42 pm »

ah. then the wiki is probably the best bet, although I don't think you'd want to print it out to carry it around

Tozar

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: Tozar
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 02:44:33 pm »

Wow, yes, Jeebus's document is amazing.  But, hhelibebcnofnena is correct, I am hoping to find something that just indicates all the things that are changed.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 04:54:48 pm »

Wow, yes, Jeebus's document is amazing.  But, hhelibebcnofnena is correct, I am hoping to find something that just indicates all the things that are changed.

Although not really what you’re looking for; you can search that doc for “Erratum” and pull all the results from there.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 06:16:25 pm »
+2

Lots of cards were changed in the "second editions", if we count changing "he" to "they" and lots of other tweaked phrasings.

But if you're looking for just functional changes of cards, you can check out the section "Second-edition sets" in my document. It lists the ones that were changed: Embargo, Masquerade, Mine, Moneylender, Outpost, Possession, Scheme, Stash, Throne Room and Trade Route. Then you can look up those cards in the Card Reference in the document, or look them up in the wiki if you're after the exact verbatim changes.

When it comes to the recent changes, they are not included in my document online yet, but will be very(!) shortly. But the cards are: Band of Misfits, Captain, Death Cart, Embargo, Inheritance, Lantern, Overlord, Pillage and Procession

If you want to know about other rules changes, there have been several over the years, but only a few that made it into rulebooks. You can read about that in the same place in my document.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 08:22:22 pm »
+1

When it comes to the recent changes, they are not included in my document online yet, but will be very(!) shortly. But the cards are: Band of Misfits, Captain, Death Cart, Embargo, Inheritance, Lantern, Overlord, Pillage and Procession

Thanks! I look forward to your document update!
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 11:09:58 pm »

Now trying to think of the weird edge case that makes Trade Route's change an actual functional one...

Project cube on Innovation, and - cost token from Ferry on Storyteller. Play Trade Route, trash Catacombs from your hand. Gain Storyteller from Catacombs on-trash. Player Storyteller from Innovation. Under first edition, you have your Trade Route to spend on Storyteller for the card draw. Under second edition, you get your Trade Route after you finish playing Storyteller.

I guess you could also just have Black Market instead of Ferry/Storyteller.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:29 pm »

Is Embargo second edition a functional change? Isn't it just clearer / more accurate wording?

Same for Stash; is it functionally different assuming that first edition Stash was played with first edition shuffle rules?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:15:06 pm by GendoIkari »

bitwise

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +142
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 11:37:36 pm »

Is Embargo second edition a functional change? Isn't it just clearer / more accurate wording?

Same for Stash; is it functionally different assuming that first edition Stash was played with first edition shuffle rules?
Embargo now requires that you trash it to place the token, e.g. if you Necromancer a trashed Embargo, it no longer works.
I think Stash is functionally the same though maybe it could have some functional difference with some weird on-draw/on-shuffle effects in the future.

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1351
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 03:15:01 am »
+1

Embargo now requires that you trash it to place the token, e.g. if you Necromancer a trashed Embargo, it no longer works.
I think Stash is functionally the same though maybe it could have some functional difference with some weird on-draw/on-shuffle effects in the future.

That's only after the 2019 errata, though.  The second edition wording didn't have the "if you do" wording, so that trashing was not required, allowing Necromancer to work with it, and also Throne Room.
They/them

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 09:48:23 am »

A simpler scenario for Trade Route is just to trash a Catacombs or Hunting Grounds with Trade Route, and gain a Victory card and move a token.

Both of those things are covered in my document (along with the Trade Route scenario). Embargo is extremely marginal. Stash worked differently because of the shuffling rules change, and then was functionally changed in order to work as before. (Embargo has the distinction of being the only card that has been changed twice, not counting the Possession incident.)

Edit: Scheme is the one card that was functionally changed, technically, but as far as I can figure out it makes no difference in practice.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:57:03 am by Jeebus »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 11:38:20 am »

A simpler scenario for Trade Route is just to trash a Catacombs or Hunting Grounds with Trade Route, and gain a Victory card and move a token.

Both of those things are covered in my document (along with the Trade Route scenario). Embargo is extremely marginal. Stash worked differently because of the shuffling rules change, and then was functionally changed in order to work as before. (Embargo has the distinction of being the only card that has been changed twice, not counting the Possession incident.)

Edit: Scheme is the one card that was functionally changed, technically, but as far as I can figure out it makes no difference in practice.

Scheme is technically different in that before you could choose a this-turn Duration for Scheme's effect, and then do nothing with it. This is functionally the same as just choosing to do nothing with it in second edition; but first edition allowed you to make a stupid mistake and choose a card not realizing that it wouldn't work; second edition prevents that mistake.

I'll have to read your document about how Embargo works.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 11:44:44 am »

Ah, so in first edition, since Embargo tokens were a global rule that gave a curse per token; you had to gain all curses as one on-buy event... whereas in second edition, each token is a separate on-buy event. Makes sense I suppose.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 02:23:08 pm »

Ah, so in first edition, since Embargo tokens were a global rule that gave a curse per token; you had to gain all curses as one on-buy event... whereas in second edition, each token is a separate on-buy event. Makes sense I suppose.
Yep. And this was actually a ruling by Donald when someone asked about the first-edition card.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.