Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 208795 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1350 on: March 30, 2020, 05:07:02 pm »

Whoops, this sentence mistakenly ended in the quoted part, instead of as a new thing I said:

"um, like I said right there - reread the i.e."
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 30, 2020, 05:20:01 pm »

One thing I noticed rereading Jimmmm (I never know how many m's!) is that he pointed out mail-mi's possible "scumslip". Now I don't know how real these slips are, but it does seem to me that he wouldn't point this out if he were on the same team, especially since it could be seen as a mistake.

Of course he could still be on a 2nd scum team, but that has me leaning town for him. Now to ADK.

5 m's. He would most definitely point out the scumslip before anyone else could if they were buddies. What else about Jimmmmm pinged you?
So Jimmm is mafia, MiX?

How am I supposed to know?
Nice, clever dodge.  But seriously, do you think Jimmm is scum?

Not really, but I haven't reread yet.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 30, 2020, 05:45:18 pm »

There was no way (unless you have are town and have a saving role) to:
• know that anyone had a saving role - since we don't know for certain what item are (though, of course, we can make strong assumptions on some)
• know that if the items did exist, they were picked by town
• that the saving role person would try to save Didds
What are you saying?  Because it sounds like you're saying something at me.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 30, 2020, 05:46:54 pm »

So were you saying that, in general, a scumbuddie would point this out quick so nobody else does?  Or, Jimmmmm in particular would do this if Jimmmmm were scum?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 30, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »

So were you saying that, in general, a scumbuddie would point this out quick so nobody else does?  Or, Jimmmmm in particular would do this if Jimmmmm were scum?

The first one.

Sigh. It's interesting to me that my first game aspect has only been used to cite things to my detriment, i.e my not voting for either raptor or mail-mi is just because I haven't played any games with you to have a good ability to read. Especially D1, when there's so little to go, except making arguments based on strategy.
How SHOULD we cite your first-game aspect?

um, like I said right there - reread the i.e.

I think I'm one of the few that argued strongly for not revealing either round claim or # claim, which I still think was a very bad idea as town. It seems reasonable to think that there was no scum nk on N1 because they, knowing she was #1, tried to kill WDD, but someone else saved them. Or who knows, maybe she's the poisoned one and is already dying.
"Claiming numbers is very bad for town...it's the only thing that save Didds who was the scum kill".
I don't see how you expect me to understand what you mean

• know that anyone had a saving role - since we don't know for certain what item are (though, of course, we can make strong assumptions on some)

So, by claiming draft #, Didds just made herself a target

The fact that she wasn't killed N1 doesn't after the fact mean the idea to claim was a good idea.

And like I said, while she survived the NK, she might still be poisoned and not even know it.

What I don't understand is how you think a doctor saved Didds and then also think it was a bad idea for people to draft order claim. I mean, didn't we get the best case scenario out of the claim? Or are you saying that despite it working out that it still was a bad play, because right now I'm seeing no negative consequences out of it.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 30, 2020, 06:13:12 pm »

The first one.

Sigh. It's interesting to me that my first game aspect has only been used to cite things to my detriment, i.e my not voting for either raptor or mail-mi is just because I haven't played any games with you to have a good ability to read. Especially D1, when there's so little to go, except making arguments based on strategy.
How SHOULD we cite your first-game aspect?

um, like I said right there - reread the i.e.

I think I'm one of the few that argued strongly for not revealing either round claim or # claim, which I still think was a very bad idea as town. It seems reasonable to think that there was no scum nk on N1 because they, knowing she was #1, tried to kill WDD, but someone else saved them. Or who knows, maybe she's the poisoned one and is already dying.
"Claiming numbers is very bad for town...it's the only thing that save Didds who was the scum kill".
I don't see how you expect me to understand what you mean

So, by claiming draft #, Didds just made herself a target

The fact that she wasn't killed N1 doesn't after the fact mean the idea to claim was a good idea.

And like I said, while she survived the NK, she might still be poisoned and not even know it.

What I don't understand is how you think a doctor saved Didds and then also think it was a bad idea for people to draft order claim. I mean, didn't we get the best case scenario out of the claim? Or are you saying that despite it working out that it still was a bad play, because right now I'm seeing no negative consequences out of it.

All I am trying to say is that I believe claiming #s was a bad idea for town.

Thinking it was a bad choice is not incompatible with getting a good result. (and which may still end up not being a good result)

Also, I'm not saying definitively that doctor saved Didds, just that it's a possible scenario, that if true, shows that claiming # was risky, since there was no guarantee that there was a town doctor. Or that she was poisoned and will die N2.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 30, 2020, 06:42:18 pm »

So what do we think triggered this?

Related to LaLight's item?
Related to the nth vote on Day 2?
Related to someone else's item?
Other ideas?

I have NO idea
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 30, 2020, 06:42:40 pm »

I generally trust ashersky's reads and I have a hard time seeing scum!ash tunneling like this, which is causing to rethink my strong townread on faust, but it's not enough for me to actually want to lynch faust.

So, I want to share something that went down in our QT. Hopefully its still useful to people debating faust vs. ashersky even if I scrub the relevant details to avoid outing our roles.

faust's initial claim to me as far as what his item did was a lie. He claims he lied because he thought there was a decent chance I was scum and he wanted to misdirect the scum faction. Given what role he initially claimed and the role he later claimed, I see a stronger case for that behavior as town then as scum.

The other thing is I initially only partially claimed my role and faust pushed me to fully claim before he revealed his role. That part feels scummier to me. It didn't at the time, but in retrospect, there is a town narrative- he didn't want me to be able to weasel out of my claim later if I was scum- and a scum narrative- he needed to evaluate how powerful my role was to know if I was worth a nightkill.

Does this move the needle for anyone?

It moves the needle slightly to faust being townie for me
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 30, 2020, 06:43:31 pm »

So what do we think triggered this?

Related to LaLight's item?
Related to the nth vote on Day 2?
Related to someone else's item?
Other ideas?

Is it worth speculating on?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 30, 2020, 06:44:24 pm »

I generally trust ashersky's reads and I have a hard time seeing scum!ash tunneling like this, which is causing to rethink my strong townread on faust, but it's not enough for me to actually want to lynch faust.

So, I want to share something that went down in our QT. Hopefully its still useful to people debating faust vs. ashersky even if I scrub the relevant details to avoid outing our roles.

faust's initial claim to me as far as what his item did was a lie. He claims he lied because he thought there was a decent chance I was scum and he wanted to misdirect the scum faction. Given what role he initially claimed and the role he later claimed, I see a stronger case for that behavior as town then as scum.

The other thing is I initially only partially claimed my role and faust pushed me to fully claim before he revealed his role. That part feels scummier to me. It didn't at the time, but in retrospect, there is a town narrative- he didn't want me to be able to weasel out of my claim later if I was scum- and a scum narrative- he needed to evaluate how powerful my role was to know if I was worth a nightkill.

I actually think this is more likely to come from scum!faust, to be honest

inbefore faust says that he is smarter than this, there are WIFOM levels

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 30, 2020, 07:01:28 pm »

faust is smarter than this, there are WIFOM levels.

But, no, that doesn't move my needle.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 30, 2020, 07:02:54 pm »

what about your vote?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:40 pm »

what about your vote?
I don't see it going on faust right now.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 30, 2020, 07:06:42 pm »

what about your vote?
I don't see it going on faust right now.

fair enough

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 30, 2020, 07:36:14 pm »

Well I certainly appreciate the info. And yeah, it does move the needle a little.

At which point was faust claiming that his predictions about two roles were correct?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: March 30, 2020, 08:17:01 pm »

This is very useful.  Obviously it changes nothing for me, but it may help inform other peoples' reads one way or the other, which is important.

If anyone wants me off of this train, I'm fairly certain the only reasonable piece of knowledge that can do that would be faust's actual role.  And seeing as how asking for that role will be called role fishing/scummy, I can't very well do that, can I?  I mean, I can, and basically I did, but you know what I mean.

I was thinking this for all of D2, but Glooble's explanation only strengthens my feelings.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 30, 2020, 08:18:36 pm »

@faust

In your opinion, is lying as town okay, as a general rule?  Is lying as town to get what one sees as an advantage for town forgivable?  Should we lynch players caught in a lie 100% of the time?

Obviously these questions arise based on Glooble's information, but I do want to know what you think.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1367 on: March 30, 2020, 09:33:24 pm »

Well I certainly appreciate the info. And yeah, it does move the needle a little.

At which point was faust claiming that his predictions about two roles were correct?

Here's a thing. Neither the initial role he told me he had, nor the second role he told me he had, were his prediction for the item he got. Not even close.

So when he said he guessed two right, he actually meant he guessed... one right.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1368 on: March 30, 2020, 09:34:01 pm »

Now I feel dumb for not catching this earlier.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 30, 2020, 09:36:23 pm »

Here's a thing. Neither the initial role he told me he had, nor the second role he told me he had, were his prediction for the item he got. Not even close.

So when he said he guessed two right, he actually meant he guessed... one right.

this sounds really weird.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 30, 2020, 09:41:13 pm »

LAL. I'm already voting for faust.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2020, 09:48:38 pm »

I've had faust on my radar since early on but I'll wait until I hear his response to the OK to lie as town questions...

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2020, 10:25:57 pm »

I've had faust on my radar since early on but I'll wait until I hear his response to the OK to lie as town questions...

What's the benefit of waiting on that information?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 30, 2020, 10:27:39 pm »

I think a more useful piece of information would be whether Faust has a history of lying as town

she/her

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 30, 2020, 10:44:57 pm »

Wait, so when did you find out that his initial claim was a lie?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 87  All

Page created in 2.344 seconds with 20 queries.