Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 208785 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1325 on: March 30, 2020, 10:43:18 am »

I will admit that my single minded focus on faust is rendering me useless otherwise. 

I might be town’s best lynch to both remove the distraction and see my flip.
Or you could try being productive.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 30, 2020, 10:45:32 am »

Claiming to your neighbor is good for the scum in your neighborhood.
This is wrong, and plus if I was partnered with Raptor/mail-mi it would have actively been bad for my team because it would have gotten basically no extra info out of this.

What?  I just meant in a town/scum neighborhood, claiming there benefits scum.
Yeah, but if I was their partner, I would have known that there aren't a lot of such neighborhoods. Also Glooble had already claimed to me when I made that post, so no extra info on that front either. So what active benefit for my team was I seeking?

Got it.  I’ve been one of the few staying on the multiple factions tip.  So there is that. 

If your defense against my argument that your call for QT claiming was scummy is that you already knew two of your partners shared a QT, you are doing it wrong.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 30, 2020, 10:46:35 am »

I will admit that my single minded focus on faust is rendering me useless otherwise. 

I am.  And my lynch could be the most productive.  We already got two scum, losing a townie isn’t that bad.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 30, 2020, 10:47:37 am »

I’m out for the night soon, so I’ll make it clear.

If we want to lynch me, take me to L-1.  I will claim and hammer to prove myself honest. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 30, 2020, 10:49:34 am »

I am.  And my lynch could be the most productive.  We already got two scum, losing a townie isn’t that bad.
And how would your lynch be productive? If you believe that a majority of town would agree to lynch you because of your obsession with me, just to turn around and conclude that you were right all along once they see your flip, then you're living in a fantasy world.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 30, 2020, 10:49:55 am »

Claiming to your neighbor is good for the scum in your neighborhood.
This is wrong, and plus if I was partnered with Raptor/mail-mi it would have actively been bad for my team because it would have gotten basically no extra info out of this.

What?  I just meant in a town/scum neighborhood, claiming there benefits scum.
Yeah, but if I was their partner, I would have known that there aren't a lot of such neighborhoods. Also Glooble had already claimed to me when I made that post, so no extra info on that front either. So what active benefit for my team was I seeking?

Got it.  I’ve been one of the few staying on the multiple factions tip.  So there is that. 

If your defense against my argument that your call for QT claiming was scummy is that you already knew two of your partners shared a QT, you are doing it wrong.

I don't see the problem with the defense?

I’m out for the night soon, so I’ll make it clear.

If we want to lynch me, take me to L-1.  I will claim and hammer to prove myself honest. 

No one was going to lynch you before you said this. This is kinda scummy, but also incredibly risky as scum, so I don't know what to take of it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 30, 2020, 10:51:05 am »

No one was going to lynch you before you said this. This is kinda scummy, but also incredibly risky as scum, so I don't know what to take of it.
It's ashersky being ashersky. Wouldn't be a normal game if he didn't call for his own lynch at least once.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 30, 2020, 10:52:35 am »

It's ashersky being ashersky. Wouldn't be a normal game if he didn't call for his own lynch at least once.

That's true.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 30, 2020, 11:32:24 am »

man with this crap happening again, i'm half inclined to believe that this is an ash/faust scumplan.

and in reference to mix's quoted post, isn't now the time for scum to take incredible risks? they're losing.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 30, 2020, 12:18:42 pm »

Well, we had a nice fun faust/Ash debate on D1 and ended up lynching scum and another died at night, so I guess.... Keep it up?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 30, 2020, 02:59:26 pm »

i will reply a bit more a bit later (like 4-5 hours), but i want to vote: faust
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 30, 2020, 03:23:34 pm »

*BOOM*
a cracking static follows the sound of a cannon going off... the Tributes all look to the sky for a message of some kind...

ATTENTION TRIBUTES!

After much deliberation amongst the Sponsors -  Tribute LaLight has been chosen today to receive a special gift!

This is the only message. May the odds be ever in your favor!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 30, 2020, 03:34:50 pm »

Oh, how exciting!!

(I'm stuck in my house, cheap thrills, ya'll, cheap thrills)
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 30, 2020, 03:36:19 pm »

What's that, we're now giving out rewards for voting for me? I do not approve.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 30, 2020, 03:46:01 pm »

So what do we think triggered this?

Related to LaLight's item?
Related to the nth vote on Day 2?
Related to someone else's item?
Other ideas?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 30, 2020, 04:10:41 pm »

Sigh. It's interesting to me that my first game aspect has only been used to cite things to my detriment, i.e my not voting for either raptor or mail-mi is just because I haven't played any games with you to have a good ability to read. Especially D1, when there's so little to go, except making arguments based on strategy.
How SHOULD we cite your first-game aspect?

I think I'm one of the few that argued strongly for not revealing either round claim or # claim, which I still think was a very bad idea as town. It seems reasonable to think that there was no scum nk on N1 because they, knowing she was #1, tried to kill WDD, but someone else saved them. Or who knows, maybe she's the poisoned one and is already dying.
"Claiming numbers is very bad for town...it's the only thing that save Didds who was the scum kill".
I don't see how you expect me to understand what you mean

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 30, 2020, 04:14:43 pm »

One thing I noticed rereading Jimmmm (I never know how many m's!) is that he pointed out mail-mi's possible "scumslip". Now I don't know how real these slips are, but it does seem to me that he wouldn't point this out if he were on the same team, especially since it could be seen as a mistake.

Of course he could still be on a 2nd scum team, but that has me leaning town for him. Now to ADK.

5 m's. He would most definitely point out the scumslip before anyone else could if they were buddies. What else about Jimmmmm pinged you?
So Jimmm is mafia, MiX?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 30, 2020, 04:17:14 pm »

One thing I noticed rereading Jimmmm (I never know how many m's!) is that he pointed out mail-mi's possible "scumslip". Now I don't know how real these slips are, but it does seem to me that he wouldn't point this out if he were on the same team, especially since it could be seen as a mistake.

Of course he could still be on a 2nd scum team, but that has me leaning town for him. Now to ADK.

5 m's. He would most definitely point out the scumslip before anyone else could if they were buddies. What else about Jimmmmm pinged you?
So Jimmm is mafia, MiX?

How am I supposed to know?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 30, 2020, 04:19:55 pm »

What will it take to get people to join the faust party?

I mean, is he immune to all but guilty results?  Do I need to produce one of those for you?
I get on faust when I get on faust.

But it feels like you've been glued to him because...you disagreed about probability?  Because you chose to and won't back down? 

All I know is that if faust flips scum, I am insta-lynching you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 30, 2020, 04:22:02 pm »

So what do we think triggered this?

Related to LaLight's item?
Related to the nth vote on Day 2?
Related to someone else's item?
Other ideas?

i vote option C, someone else's item
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 30, 2020, 04:24:05 pm »

TLDR: faust fakes not knowing something he definitely should have known.  That's a scum move right there.

No, it's not.  Also, building post after post analysis of "faust could have said more here" falls 100% into the "utterly unconvincing realm".

I suppose we could lynch you, and I promise to be VERY interested in this faust case if you're scum.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 30, 2020, 04:35:34 pm »

TLDR: faust fakes not knowing something he definitely should have known.  That's a scum move right there.

No, it's not.  Also, building post after post analysis of "faust could have said more here" falls 100% into the "utterly unconvincing realm".

I suppose we could lynch you, and I promise to be VERY interested in this faust case if you're scum.

i'm down. vote: Ashersky.

man i'm jelly of LaLight and this gift now. i hope it's a dayvig shot.

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 30, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »

So Jimmm is mafia, MiX?

How am I supposed to know?
Nice, clever dodge.  But seriously, do you think Jimmm is scum?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1348 on: March 30, 2020, 04:53:23 pm »

I generally trust ashersky's reads and I have a hard time seeing scum!ash tunneling like this, which is causing to rethink my strong townread on faust, but it's not enough for me to actually want to lynch faust.

So, I want to share something that went down in our QT. Hopefully its still useful to people debating faust vs. ashersky even if I scrub the relevant details to avoid outing our roles.

faust's initial claim to me as far as what his item did was a lie. He claims he lied because he thought there was a decent chance I was scum and he wanted to misdirect the scum faction. Given what role he initially claimed and the role he later claimed, I see a stronger case for that behavior as town then as scum.

The other thing is I initially only partially claimed my role and faust pushed me to fully claim before he revealed his role. That part feels scummier to me. It didn't at the time, but in retrospect, there is a town narrative- he didn't want me to be able to weasel out of my claim later if I was scum- and a scum narrative- he needed to evaluate how powerful my role was to know if I was worth a nightkill.

Does this move the needle for anyone?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 30, 2020, 05:06:22 pm »

Sigh. It's interesting to me that my first game aspect has only been used to cite things to my detriment, i.e my not voting for either raptor or mail-mi is just because I haven't played any games with you to have a good ability to read. Especially D1, when there's so little to go, except making arguments based on strategy.
How SHOULD we cite your first-game aspect?

um, like I said right there - reread the i.e.

I think I'm one of the few that argued strongly for not revealing either round claim or # claim, which I still think was a very bad idea as town. It seems reasonable to think that there was no scum nk on N1 because they, knowing she was #1, tried to kill WDD, but someone else saved them. Or who knows, maybe she's the poisoned one and is already dying.
"Claiming numbers is very bad for town...it's the only thing that save Didds who was the scum kill".
I don't see how you expect me to understand what you mean

There was no way (unless you have are town and have a saving role) to:
• know that anyone had a saving role - since we don't know for certain what item are (though, of course, we can make strong assumptions on some)
• know that if the items did exist, they were picked by town
• that the saving role person would try to save Didds

So, by claiming draft #, Didds just made herself a target

The fact that she wasn't killed N1 doesn't after the fact mean the idea to claim was a good idea.

And like I said, while she survived the NK, she might still be poisoned and not even know it.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 87  All

Page created in 1.64 seconds with 20 queries.