Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 223308 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2020, 03:20:15 am »

Changed my mind Just going to post my stream of conscience upon my reread. To make this easy for Ash, I'll start with this on it's own line:

vote: Cayvie

-----------

Game starts at #57

- #66/#67: Cayvie is usually on-point with literally everything. Her reaction to faust noting this first strikes me as off. Cayvie doesn't miss this. Town!Cavie is ready to go with discussion or even brings this up first - ???!Cayvie says "now that you point it out"
- #68: LaLight, first half not-scum LaLight. Second half, not convinced doesn’t apply to him.
- #71: MiX, sounds like it’s him that’s Third Party saying he won’t get caught by this?
- #88: Definitely think Cayvie isn’t green-text
- #90: In combination with #68 LaLight is town
- #99 – Eddie appears. Haven’t played with him since we orchestrated an everybody loses game. Epic memories. Don’t trust anything he says.
- #101 – Every post Cayvie makes confirms my growing bias that she’s not green-aligned. Town!Cayvie claims quickly/unprompted during a cold day in hell.
- #104 – Does Swan focus on/lock in on setup stuff more as town or scum? <- check back <-- Eh, NAI
- General Thoughts: Skip is giving me town vibes. Faust… I’m not sure. He’s middle of the road, which in itself is weird, as he usually read scummy to me.
- #129 Mail-Mi not human?
- #130: EFHW seems arbitrary here. Not sure if that’s a scummy trait or not.
- #130-134: Lean scummy on EFHW’s approach to reads. Gut feeling.
- #137 is what I expect from Cayvie. It feels contrasted with her earlier posts (not contradictory, just different).
- #138 I agree with Eddie that faust hasn’t seemed normal. Not sure on Pubby. He hasn’t really stood out to me thusfar. Note to focus more on second reread.
- #139 Cayvie agrees with my general thought from line above, but defends it considerably stronger than I would have.
- #145/#146 – Talk about WCD soft-claim. Reread/Follow up - don’t recall/didn’t stand out? <- Wasn’t much there, which seems to be the point.
- #148 : Swan : Thoughts. I’m not sure I agree with his approach to Eddie’s thoughts here. Paragraph 1 I disagree with – but because I myself have found faust slightly off. Paragraph 2 I kind of agree with (point about Cayvie defending Pubby above)
- General Thoughts again: faust has become slightly townier in his posts. Or at least, more ‘fausty’ – that’s mostly NAI I think, but would be expected from town!faust in general, and scum!faust as the game goes on.
- #151 Does Skip have more knowledge of the setup (“Moving parts … make sense with the rest of the setup”) than he should?
- #152 Eddie self-aware. NAI
- General Thoughts : MiX reading generally townie “not really put together” MiX.
- #156 – Didds… I feel the frustration – but the defeatist here… more town or scum? Watch closer.
- #159 – Kinda agree with faust here in reference to #159 above. That’s what I was feeling. Hmm.
- #166 – Why does e! care who is voting for him here? I think he has… 1? 2? 0? votes… Concern seems wrong.
- #167 – Eddie’s response to MiX is townie. Last time I thought Eddie was townie he was scum (so was I, multi-ball)
- #168 – This is where I’m at (agreement with MiX)
- General Thoughts: Don’t care for Shraeye’s approach. Town. Frustrated WCD is… NAI. Would do as town or as scum.

----------

Sorry that's not more put together. I followed through my first intent to re-read, but was having trouble afterwards deciding where I specifically wanted to dive in to - so figured I would just share the thoughts I have had up to this point.

Feel free to prod me on any of those thoughts and I'll try to explain in more detail.

hi galz! i feel like this reputation i've somehow garnered of "literally on point with nearly everything" is both inaccurate and unhelpful for me (you'd think i'd, like, win games ever if i was that good), and yet it's not the first time i've heard it. i don't like it, and it also feels futile to fight it; what am i supposed to do, make intentional mistakes? pay less attention?

i had legitimately not put it together that the wincon was different from normal until faust pointed it out; i assumed it was just an equivalent phrasing for the normal wincon and not put much thought into it.

and while it is true that it is unusual for me to claim quickly/unprompted (have I ever partially claimed d1 before? i don't think so), i did claim quickly at the start of d2 in BM29, which you were in (if dead at the time). i claimed here bc my role is verging on bastard territory and is likely to make me look bad if i use it. so i figure maybe it'd be more helpful to be public about that ahead of time? and also because the conversation was lagging, and i felt like i didn't have anything to talk about.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2020, 07:42:55 am »

hi galz! i feel like this reputation i've somehow garnered of "literally on point with nearly everything" is both inaccurate and unhelpful for me (you'd think i'd, like, win games ever if i was that good), and yet it's not the first time i've heard it. i don't like it, and it also feels futile to fight it; what am i supposed to do, make intentional mistakes? pay less attention?

i had legitimately not put it together that the wincon was different from normal until faust pointed it out; i assumed it was just an equivalent phrasing for the normal wincon and not put much thought into it.

and while it is true that it is unusual for me to claim quickly/unprompted (have I ever partially claimed d1 before? i don't think so), i did claim quickly at the start of d2 in BM29, which you were in (if dead at the time). i claimed here bc my role is verging on bastard territory and is likely to make me look bad if i use it. so i figure maybe it'd be more helpful to be public about that ahead of time? and also because the conversation was lagging, and i felt like i didn't have anything to talk about.

To live up to the reputation, just play better as town, not worse as scum. But you're scum, so you can't do the first one, right? I understand, I remember when I got scum after my first game and it was incredibly hard to get a motivation to improve my play.

Vote: cayvie

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2020, 07:47:23 am »

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2020, 07:50:51 am »

vote: cayvie
vote: pubby
No, this is a good reason to vote cayvie. Scumpoints.
Is this sarcastic? If not, explain please.

Cayvie didn't understand what happened "here". Seeing that, pubby voted, I presumed because town would've followed through instead of posting that. EFHW votes pubby because of his vote on cayvie, and I disagreed with EFHW, as I agreed that the specific cayvie post for which pubby probably voted cayvie was indeed scummy, and thus EFHW is scummy.

Is that clear?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2020, 07:54:44 am »

To live up to the reputation, just play better as town, not worse as scum.
Yeah cayvie, just figure who all the scum are, and then we won't suspect you anymore!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2020, 07:55:41 am »

Yeah cayvie, just figure who all the scum are, and then we won't suspect you anymore!

You kid, but that's exactly what I want to see cayvie doing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2020, 07:57:04 am »

And I sympathize with cayvie for having been in the exact position she is in now, and it's incredibly frustrating.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2020, 08:19:20 am »

I have zero experience making up fake claims. Oh, wait...zero experience on f.ds. It’s literally never happened here. I’m much likely to say too much rather than making ish up.

The one and only time I had to fake claim was in the dice game on Jimmmmm’s lynch pool site. It was an epic fail.
It was a fail; I think that people imagine they live in a world where fakeclaiming is the norm.  And I don't think that's the world we live in.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2020, 08:21:14 am »

Oh don't you worry; MiX will get around to responding to everything.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2020, 08:22:23 am »

This is annoying. I had already answered that, you didn't need to take a jab at me.

Congrats you got me to post again.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2020, 08:26:38 am »

Vote: mail-mi

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2020, 08:37:38 am »

Snarkye has awoken.

Let the roasts commence.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2020, 09:25:14 am »

Snarkye has awoken.

Let the roasts commence.
I bet Uncleeurope...ISNT EVEN A REAL UNCLE!!!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2020, 10:08:37 am »

He is the Uncle of Europe!

Google him! You’ll see...he’s the beloved Eddie to us all
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2020, 10:11:55 am »

I still call Uncle just Uncle. I feel weird.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2020, 10:19:53 am »

I still call Uncle just Uncle. I feel weird.

I have many names. I find all of them acceptable.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2020, 11:26:25 am »

To live up to the reputation, just play better as town, not worse as scum. But you're scum, so you can't do the first one, right? I understand, I remember when I got scum after my first game and it was incredibly hard to get a motivation to improve my play.

I don't like this post from MiX. It seems simultaneously consoling and accusing. Then he follows it up with "That's right, cayvie needs to find all the scum." Not sure if it's scummy, but I don't like the vibes I'm getting from it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2020, 12:45:34 pm »

yeah except my play doesn't even makes sense for scum. i'm clearly looking for advice on how to use my weirdass role, and if i was scum i'd just ask in the qt.

i'm town, dorks.

well then vote eddie!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2020, 12:51:31 pm »

and what's with galz constantly calling me "not greentext" (instead of "scum") and thinking MiX is "third party" anyway?

mafia's normally the ones who search for third party players d1, y'all

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2020, 12:52:55 pm »

The more I think about it, the more I want to vote: MiX instead.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2020, 12:53:48 pm »

Eddie's not scum, so, no. Town has better ideas on how to use a loud vig than scum, and you know that. I'm a dork, but you're not town.

and what's with galz constantly calling me "not greentext" (instead of "scum") and thinking MiX is "third party" anyway?

Weak and low hanging fruit. This is about the lowest effort I could've seen from you, and "y'all" cements the fact that this post looks like something Didds would say, but she doesn't hide how flavorful her posts are.

Bad and/or you're scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2020, 12:58:44 pm »

By the way, the best way to use your role is to say nothing, use it on your scumread N1, and if they don't die say you fruit vendor'd someone and they should claim that they got the fruit or you out them and they're lynched. This way you get to know if there's any bus driver shenanigans and it accomplishes the same. Also also, you have more than one power so you're not using the vig shot N1, which means the claim is useless for now. All of this adds to you being scum.

Just wait untill cayvie flips not town to see that I'm right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2020, 01:09:52 pm »

Bad and/or you're scum.

ah, yes, of course, "everyone who votes for me is scum." That, my friend, has another name, it's called OMGUS.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2020, 01:18:09 pm »

Not "searching" for third party here Cayvie - it's just how that one post pinged me. Didn't really feel like a natural thing to say as traditional town/scum. That said, with MiX everything is irregular. Was more just a note that I could look back on. As it turns out, my read on him developed past just that single early data point.

Regarding you and being "green-text". Yeah, I dunno. That is weird. In my head I had intended to try to define all of my reads based on "green text" "not green text" (mostly due to uncertainty with Ash's approach given last game, and what he stated at the beginning of this game) - but after you (being my first read out of the gate), I devolved back into standard town/scum/third party... except the verbiage around you never changed. I have no idea why except it was just stuck in my head. So now you're "not-green-text" to me, and everybody else is townie/scummy.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2020, 01:22:13 pm »

well then vote eddie!

Don't think Eddie is scum, so don't plan to vote there.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 19 queries.