Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: BM++  (Read 3980 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: BM++
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 01:55:23 pm »

Or differently put, with the two-coin-tosses variant, there is no result which "means innocent" or "means guilty". oranges and bananas are perfectly symmetric. That was kind of the point of using fruits; they don't sound like either one means innocent.

Only once you have more than one result as a cop do fruits become meaningful.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 02:19:22 pm »

i don't make it public which result means "innocent" and which result means "guilty". but it would be consistent across all cops in the game. including naive ones. including cop-neighborhoods.

i want to encourage people to talk (hey, i have two "banana" results, that means "banana" is ~likely~ to mean innocent, dependent on the setup) and then have ways for scum to take advantage of that talking. and that's another reason i would prefer different mixtures of "plain" (every night) cops and "nerfed" (even night) cops at every level of CC; to encourage people to claim in order to try to figure out the letter mix.

i want role-claiming to be very tempting and also to be very risky.

and to reward bold scum gambits. that's a big part of the even-number change to the rolling formula; having tested it a few times, that makes XXX+ rolls waaaay more frequent than in plain++ rolling.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 02:27:30 pm »

i should say, one thing i don't currently have in the setup is specific scum powers designed to take advantage of townclaims.

scum "go-first" RB?
scum poisoning?
i have framer, but that doesn't really fit that well with fruit cops.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 02:31:59 pm »

things i want to see happen:

-scum lie and claim to be poisoned
-tactical poisonings to thrown the town off the scent
-careful scum plans thrown off by a role kept secret until late game, such as town busdriver

she/her
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.247 seconds with 19 queries.