Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: -1 Card Token & Farming Village  (Read 1155 times)

AverageSmartGuy

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
-1 Card Token & Farming Village
« on: January 20, 2020, 03:09:41 pm »

Came across a game with both Relic/-1 Card Token and Farming Village. If I've got my -1 Card Token on deck and play a Farming Village (or any other type of card that reads something along the lines of "reveal until 'x', put that card in hand and discard the rest"), does that override the -1 Card Token, similar to how the "draw until you have 'x' cards" ruling did?

Or would I just end up losing the -1 Card Token, discarding the other cards, and leaving the 'x' card I would have drawn on top of my deck? I ask as Farming Village (at least) lacks specific language regarding either "draw" or "+'x' card(s)".

Thanks,

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: -1 Card Token & Farming Village
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 03:17:42 pm »
+3

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Farming Village and similar cards don't interact with the -1 card token at all. I think it goes like this - You pick up the -1 card token off your deck, reveal the cards and discard if needed, put one card in your hand, and replace the -1 card token on top of the deck.

From the wiki: "The token applies to every card that says "+Cards" or "draw" and to no other cards; except, the promotional card Envoy says "draw the rest" when it should say "put the rest into your hand;" it is not affected by the token." Also from the wiki: "The token only applies to draws; it does not affect revealing cards, nor does revealing cards remove the token (reveal the cards, then replace the token)."

AverageSmartGuy

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: -1 Card Token & Farming Village
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 03:58:05 pm »

Thanks; I think that looks right as I rechecked the instruction booklet and it seemed to read similarly. Just wanted to confirm.  :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.