Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Wavelength  (Read 3827 times)

bitwise

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +142
    • View Profile
Dominion Wavelength
« on: January 10, 2020, 10:12:25 pm »
+3

Hey,

I made a little mini project that I thought you all might enjoy. It is based off of the board game Wavelength.

The basic way it works is:
- The clue giver gets a category, which is a two-ended spectrum (e.g. Buy none -- Buy them all) and a random position on the spectrum. The clue giver has to name a card/card-shaped object that they think falls at the given position on the spectrum. They can share their clue with a URL for other people to guess.
- Other players look at the clue and guess where on the spectrum it actually was. The closer they are, the better they did. In the real game, the middle blue band is 4 points, the adjacent orange bands are 3 points, and the outside bands are 2 points.

To make your own clue, hit the "Make a Clue" button, type your clue in the box, then hit "Make Link!" and copy/paste the link that comes out. The link should automatically go to your clipboard so you can even skip the copying part. You can press the "Make a Clue" button again if you don't like the criteria you were given to get a newly generated one. (though in a real game, getting stumped is probably part of the fun?)

To guess on a clue, go to a clue link, then move around the slider and hit the "Guess" button.

The website is at: https://hroll.github.io/dominion-wavelength/
Here's a sample clue that is probably not too hard or controversial: https://hroll.github.io/dominion-wavelength/?guess=1&category=6&clue=Copper&goal=2415047

Let me know what you think! Also, if you have any suggestions for new categories, that would be great! (If you're curious, the list of all categories is at https://github.com/HRoll/dominion-wavelength/blob/master/src/data.ts)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:13:56 pm by bitwise »

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +235
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Wavelength
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 10:15:54 pm »

18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

bitwise

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +142
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Wavelength
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 12:38:15 am »

It's nice to see people posting some clues :P
I got the outermost ring or completely missed most of them though... :'(

Does anyone have any suggestions for more categories? I was going to add Menagerie (the card) // Menagerie (the expansion) and might as well add some more while I'm at it.

https://hroll.github.io/dominion-wavelength/?guess=1&category=18&clue=Adventurer&goal=1882175

???
Ahaha, I entered the exact opposite of the goal for that one.

What does the guess parameter in the URL do? It looks like it's always 1.

If you omit the guess parameter, then it will let you enter your clue (and ignores the clue parameter). Having the guess parameter with any value will do the opposite, guessing with the given clue to get the goal. The goal is encoded with a not very secret encoding that is good enough for anyone casually looking.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 20 queries.