Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Menagerie  (Read 87098 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Dominion: Menagerie
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2020, 04:47:27 am »
+1

We already have a precedent for "thing" in Patron.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Willvon

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +168
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2020, 02:46:44 pm »
+1

Will someone be creating a Menagerie Previews section like we have done in the past for other expansions?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2020, 02:58:19 pm »

Will someone be creating a Menagerie Previews section like we have done in the past for other expansions?
If not, I can just put them here in this forum.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #153 on: February 29, 2020, 04:22:48 pm »

The big question is, if there is a Menagerie Previews section, will the Dark Ages and Guilds previews get further buried?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2020, 04:18:03 pm »
+3

Found the box art for Menagerie on BGG:

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2020, 04:31:03 pm »

Found the box art for Menagerie on BGG:

Reused cards from the unreleased Dominion: Cage no doubt
They/them

BBobb

• Moneylender
  • My brother says thief is amazing.
  • Respect: +138
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2020, 11:15:42 am »
+1

When is the secret History for this set supposed to come out?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2020, 01:11:17 pm »
+5

When is the secret History for this set supposed to come out?
Probably when someone could conceivably have the physical set.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3189
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2020, 03:23:51 pm »
+7

I'm not an expert in agriculture, but this doesn't seem right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2020, 03:31:04 pm »
+1

and what's going on with her face?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2020, 03:33:16 pm »
+2

Someone just gave her a gold coin.  She's too happy about the money to use her scythe right
They/them

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2020, 05:43:10 pm »
+12

She's the grin reaper.

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2020, 06:47:57 pm »
+10

No, wait!  She's toiling ironically!
They/them

Hockey Mask

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2020, 06:21:54 pm »

Any word on physical copies?
-The Compulsive Completist

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2020, 06:58:09 pm »
+1

A release date update: delayed. The expansion is in Chicago, but there is a shortage of drivers, and it isn't expected to make it over to RGG's warehouse until Thursday.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2020, 02:52:11 am »
+2

Any word on physical copies?
They arrived in the warehouse on Thursday (today, to me). Now it's up to how long it takes them to get to distributors and then to online stores and then to players. My copies are coming directly from the warehouse so I'll have them in a few days. Some distributors will have them at the same time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2020, 09:23:05 am »

If you play an action, then return to your buy phase spending coin of the realm, then buy cavalry, are you supposed to be able to call coin from your mat? Or is that not "directly after you play an action"?

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2020, 10:17:35 am »

I can't see any sense in which gaining a card is playing an action?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2020, 10:30:03 am »

If you play an action, then return to your buy phase spending coin of the realm, then buy cavalry, are you supposed to be able to call coin from your mat? Or is that not "directly after you play an action"?

What do you mean by "return to your buy phase"? Do you just mean move onto your buy phase? It is definitely too late to call CotR; you cannot do anything between playing the action and calling CotR other than something else that triggers on finishing playing an action, like calling another CotR. Even if you already had CotR on your Tavern Mat and didn't involve any buying Cavalry and returning to your action phase shenanigans, you can't play an action, then move to your buy phase, then call CotR. You can only call CotR in the same phase in which you played the action you are triggering off of.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:19:19 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2020, 10:56:31 am »

What do you mean by "return to your buy phase"? Do you just mean move onto your buy phase? It is definitely too late to call CotR; you cannot do anything between playing the action and calling CotR other than something else that triggers on finishing playing an action, like calling another CotR. Even if you already had CotR on your Tavern Mat and didn't involve any buying Calvary and returning to your action phase shenanigans, you can't play an action, then move to your buy phase, then call CotR. You can only call CotR in the same phase in which you played the action you are triggering off of.

@underlined: yes

Okay, that makes sense. I think was mostly expecting it to work because I had thought of CotR as "whenever I'm in my action phase, I can call it to make actions" which was basically correct until villa and cavalry and it only matters for cavalry.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2020, 11:20:42 am »

What do you mean by "return to your buy phase"? Do you just mean move onto your buy phase? It is definitely too late to call CotR; you cannot do anything between playing the action and calling CotR other than something else that triggers on finishing playing an action, like calling another CotR. Even if you already had CotR on your Tavern Mat and didn't involve any buying Calvary and returning to your action phase shenanigans, you can't play an action, then move to your buy phase, then call CotR. You can only call CotR in the same phase in which you played the action you are triggering off of.

Okay, that makes sense. I think was mostly expecting it to work because I had thought of CotR as "whenever I'm in my action phase, I can call it to make actions" which was basically correct until villa and cavalry and it only matters for cavalry.

Why would Cavalry be different than Villa there? The key is that CotR is a normal triggered ability just like Tunnel or Moat... you can only use the ability exactly when it says you can.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2020, 12:55:16 pm »
+1

Why would Cavalry be different than Villa there? The key is that CotR is a normal triggered ability just like Tunnel or Moat... you can only use the ability exactly when it says you can.

The question never came up with Villa, because Villa also gives you +1 Action when you gain it, but Cavalry can return you to your Action phase but without the ability to actually play any Action cards.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2020, 01:28:32 pm »

The question never came up with Villa, because Villa also gives you +1 Action when you gain it, but Cavalry can return you to your Action phase but without the ability to actually play any Action cards.

Villa also directly went to your hand, Cavalry doesn't.

If you have an Action leftover, then when you go back from Buy phase to Action phase, you can call the CotR when you play your next Action. But you need to have 1 action leftover (I made the mistake of spending all my actions during Menagerie previews week, and got a nasty surprise when I wasn't able to play an Action to trigger Coin's reaction.)
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2020, 01:58:23 pm »

Villa also directly went to your hand, Cavalry doesn't.

If you have an Action leftover, then when you go back from Buy phase to Action phase, you can call the CotR when you play your next Action. But you need to have 1 action leftover (I made the mistake of spending all my actions during Menagerie previews week, and got a nasty surprise when I wasn't able to play an Action to trigger Coin's reaction.)

Yeah, I did realize that after the game. I could have done it, too; I didn't need to play the first action

Hockey Mask

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2020, 05:12:34 pm »
+2

Available on Amazon.
-The Compulsive Completist
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.