Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Solo Challenge 6 - Little and Often  (Read 10490 times)

Fate

• Swindler
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Challenge 6 - Little and Often
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 10:33:28 pm »
+2

Quick commentary on my solution.  My first tries ended up quite a bit higher, but these two tricks helped me alot.

1. It is pretty well established (councilroom) that in a standard game chapel after turn 2 is much less effective.  However, these puzzles are not standard games and not being able to trash the estates really changes how the card works.  In this case you need to establish a bit of an economy before you thin your deck, otherwise it takes much longer to get your buying power up to provinces with all those green cards in the way.  (I will admit that I made sure that I got a gold on turn 3 or 4 and if not I would just restart.  I really didn't want to have too many silvers)

2. It is important to buy one hamlet early, while you are still thinning your deck, so that you can take advantage of the plus buys to get enough crossroads and additional hamlets in your deck on your none province buying turns later on.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:44:39 pm by Fate »

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 04:58:54 am »

Do you take user submissions for kingdoms? Since I just got this kingdom randomly on isotropic, and it's wild:

Black Market,Chapel,Explorer,Ghost Ship,Horn of Plenty,Royal Seal,Smithy,Tactician,Throne Room,Watchtower

I'd love to see how fast skilled players can burn through this.

I do take ideas yes, although usually by pm (don't want to give players any head start if they read the kingdom beforehand)

Your board looks fun, but I'd have to take out black market, as it's a bit swingy
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 11:46:01 am »

Do you take user submissions for kingdoms? Since I just got this kingdom randomly on isotropic, and it's wild:

Black Market,Chapel,Explorer,Ghost Ship,Horn of Plenty,Royal Seal,Smithy,Tactician,Throne Room,Watchtower

I'd love to see how fast skilled players can burn through this.

I do take ideas yes, although usually by pm (don't want to give players any head start if they read the kingdom beforehand)

Your board looks fun, but I'd have to take out black market, as it's a bit swingy

Can't take out the Black Market, as it's the Tactician/Black Market/Horn of Plenty combo that makes the board really crazy (plus Chapel is available to set everything up).

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:47 am »

Perhaps, just disallow buying cards out of the Black Market since the contents can't be controlled.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 12:04:57 pm »

I see what your saying, but am trying to not over restrict things. But will keep this one in mind
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.