Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 103358 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #650 on: February 18, 2020, 10:03:57 am »

Hhhmm...Joseph looking at me makes me find me guilty, but that’s just me. And Joseph, you didn’t “let me” claim. Initially we weren’t sharing targets. I disclosed those when it was appropriate.

I’m town. My best evidence is that I had ZERO reason to claim when I did, other than the fact that I thought we might he in a many-redirector scenario and that it would help us to start sorting that out. There’s no reason to do that if I’m scum. Since at least two more redirector are now in the mix, I think it was helpful for town. If, in fact, raerae’s result is on Ari instead of cayvie, then my initiation of this conversation is substantially helpful.

That said, if we decide that lynching town is fun, I’m a good one. We won’t miss another redirector.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #651 on: February 18, 2020, 10:28:55 am »

Hhhmm...Joseph looking at me makes me find me guilty, but that’s just me. And Joseph, you didn’t “let me” claim. Initially we weren’t sharing targets. I disclosed those when it was appropriate.

I’m town. My best evidence is that I had ZERO reason to claim when I did, other than the fact that I thought we might he in a many-redirector scenario and that it would help us to start sorting that out. There’s no reason to do that if I’m scum. Since at least two more redirector are now in the mix, I think it was helpful for town. If, in fact, raerae’s result is on Ari instead of cayvie, then my initiation of this conversation is substantially helpful.

That said, if we decide that lynching town is fun, I’m a good one. We won’t miss another redirector.

There's totally a reason to do that if you're scum. It got a bunch more redirectors to claim. It earns you town cred. It lets you obfuscate night action conversations.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 18, 2020, 10:59:45 am »

I disagree. That would be a reason to tag on, but not to initiate. Initiating the discussion has led to a fruitful day of conversation, as opposed to the nothingburger days that scum enjoys.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 18, 2020, 11:00:38 am »

Unvote

I'm teaching today so I don't know what I kind of time I'll have to keep up.

xoxo

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #654 on: February 18, 2020, 11:03:21 am »

I disagree. That would be a reason to tag on, but not to initiate. Initiating the discussion has led to a fruitful day of conversation, as opposed to the nothingburger days that scum enjoys.

It's lead to a ton of claims. That's a great outcome for scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:15 am »

i'm really not sure it is. how do redirector claims help scum?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #656 on: February 18, 2020, 11:25:30 am »

Assuming scum wants to lynch someone more powerful than a redirector, they now have a much higher chance of guessing who that is. It's like a VT claim in a regular game.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 18, 2020, 11:27:01 am »

Fruitful? We have one kind of information and it's incredibly shady. Seems more like chaos to me.

Narrows down PRs, gives scum setup info.

PPE: Redirectors look like VTs this game, I agree.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 18, 2020, 12:35:17 pm »

I claimed my targets before you, I shouldn't have done that
Because if you're scum, gave you info for a fake claim
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 18, 2020, 12:49:57 pm »

Rereading during office hours...

vote: Ari

I'm not sure that Shraeye, pubby, and Ari have contributed nearly enough.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: February 18, 2020, 12:52:20 pm »

I'm not sure how much I trust raerae, but an Ari vote is a good test

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 18, 2020, 01:21:25 pm »

jsyk, i'm home sick today, so i can finally stop lurking and maybe take a more active role in this thread
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 18, 2020, 01:32:57 pm »

i think looking at redirectors like vanilla townies is a trap. sure, there's a lot of them, but unlike VT's, if redirectors get lucky with our night action, we can make mafia shoot mafia.

i think a town fulla redirectors sounds like hell for scum, tbh.

and redirector claims are *most* useful to other redirectors. because redirector-targeting-redirector is like the least useful thing we can do, imo.

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 18, 2020, 03:35:47 pm »

jsyk, i'm home sick today, so i can finally stop lurking and maybe take a more active role in this thread

I hope you feel better!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 18, 2020, 04:10:59 pm »

For what it's worth, I agree that WCD is town

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2020, 04:13:42 pm »

And I REALLY want to know what Ari thinks about his possibly being redirected to Galz, possibly to raerae, possibly to both, or neither.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2020, 04:17:40 pm »

I did nothing of note last night, unfortunately. I’ll let y’all know if any future events make whatever I did last night relevant.
I think we might be at that point, man.  you are no longer "not involved"

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 18, 2020, 04:29:15 pm »

I did nothing of note last night, unfortunately. I’ll let y’all know if any future events make whatever I did last night relevant.
Ari has also done very little this game, which seems lurky scum. Which is probably why 2 people redirected targets onto ari last night (assuming of course that WCD actually did and they aren't lying scum)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 18, 2020, 04:31:51 pm »

Ari has also done very little this game, which seems lurky scum. Which is probably why 2 people redirected targets onto ari last night (assuming of course that WCD actually did and they aren't lying scum)

Ari was just very active in his first game...and he was scum. He's like pubby, generally read as scum, although he talks a bit more.

Also, I don't think he's been lynched yet. Am I right ari?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 18, 2020, 05:47:23 pm »

hey mix what are your strongest reads/thoughts on people at this point?

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 18, 2020, 05:50:39 pm »

shraeye is town, ari's towny...Glooble was scum before, forgot if he still is... I'm probably too focused on the puzzle.

Vote: Glooble

In the conflict, I think you're the most likely scum in it, not that I don't agree with you at every point, it's just extremely rational, which is a scum strength.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 18, 2020, 05:55:17 pm »

am i the only one in this game who sees redirectors as increasing in value the more we have?

shraeye is town, ari's towny...Glooble was scum before, forgot if he still is... I'm probably too focused on the puzzle.

In the conflict, I think you're the most likely scum in it, not that I don't agree with you at every point, it's just extremely rational, which is a scum strength.

is that the meta here these days? scum makes sense, town doesn't? sounds excruciating lol.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 18, 2020, 06:01:02 pm »

Yeah, Glooble's scum.

Does anyone want a case? It kinda spells itself out. Read his day 2, you'll understand.

am i the only one in this game who sees redirectors as increasing in value the more we have?

is that the meta here these days? scum makes sense, town doesn't? sounds excruciating lol.

Mass redirectors sounds really bad, because they all have to claim for anything to make sense, which means you can add a lot of chaos by one fakeclaim. Sure, it's better than VT, but...

Usually the person that is making the most sense is lynched. When that fails, a lurker is lynched, as you can see by this game.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2020, 06:01:59 pm »

i suppose i should say:

the reason i'm cooling on lynching raerae today is this.

there's a real easy case to be made for lynching me, if, say, a scumbuddy wanted to protect their partner (raerae) under heat. and nobody's made that case.

that's the strongest evidence today that both of us are town, and scum is sitting back, hoping town lynches town.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2020, 06:05:29 pm »

You're scum that faked a result after raerae voted for you? Sorry, but I already said that before, maybe you missed it because it's so short.

No one's making that case because it's extremely weak. Like, sure, you can say it, but why would you trust raerae? And that's not an easy answer, as I've seen.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.