Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 104458 times)

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #625 on: February 17, 2020, 01:34:04 pm »

So far, I am in agreement with Cayvie and will gladly vote Raerae if it wasn't so close to lynching and I wanted to give every chance for more discussion/claims.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Closed, PMs going out NOW!)
« Reply #626 on: February 17, 2020, 02:19:55 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

Joseph2302 (2): LaLight, shraeye
raerae (4): cayvie, pubby, Glooble, WestCoastDidds {L-2}
pubby (1): Joseph2302
MiX (1): raerae

Not Voting (2): arishipshape, MiX

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 2:00pm FT on February 21, 2020.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 17, 2020, 02:36:27 pm »

I’ve been thinking about the people who aren’t involved the festival of redirection. Glooble, pubby, and LL laying real low. Shraeye somewhat less so. Are they just watching us eat our own tail?
I'm saying "there is no way all the redirectors are town", and you're sitting there townreading anybody/everybody who claims redirector. You could start by not doing that.

Well, I know I’m town and I’m the one who started the festival Of redirection explanation. Who is it that has a dubious claim, cayvie or Joseph? Scummier than the tale raerae is weaving? You and LL seem to be doing something different than the rest of us, but I’m happy to listen if you feel like filling me in.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 17, 2020, 02:43:02 pm »

So far, I am in agreement with Cayvie and will gladly vote Raerae if it wasn't so close to lynching and I wanted to give every chance for more discussion/claims.

anything in particular you're wondering about? or is this "more discussion is good" in a general sense?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 17, 2020, 03:51:46 pm »

What tale am I weaving? cayvie has made ALL the speculation, I just said she killed Galz. Why is that unbelievable? And we've already talked about how we should stop making claims and giving scum targets so is so crazy that I took that advice? What am I actually being lynched for right now? Can anybody answer that?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: February 17, 2020, 03:52:53 pm »

Vote: Ari

Since I was still rage voting MiX.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 17, 2020, 03:56:58 pm »

Whbendmmttm
Post to avoid a prod
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #632 on: February 17, 2020, 04:04:57 pm »

What tale am I weaving? cayvie has made ALL the speculation, I just said she killed Galz. Why is that unbelievable? And we've already talked about how we should stop making claims and giving scum targets so is so crazy that I took that advice? What am I actually being lynched for right now? Can anybody answer that?

It's hard to come up with a role that would allow you to know that with any certyainty given the nature of the game as it has been revealed to us so far. You've refused to claim your role, which would allow us to understand how you are able to know what you claim to know. You left yourself a very specific out for if cayvie flips town (oops, guess the scum redirector targeted her), which is a scummy thing to do when claiming an investigative role.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 17, 2020, 04:05:51 pm »

you could answer it, if you read the previous page :) the posts are pretty clear.

1) your partial claim made no sense. there's no potential role that anyone can think of that would say "cayvie killed galz" and also be vulnerable to cayvie being redirected.

2) this isn't the first time you've brought up avoiding "giving scum targets" as a reason to avoid full claiming. but you've already partially claimed an investigative role. if you're town, you're already a target. so that logic doesn't make sense either.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 17, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »

So maybe there's a method to my madness other than me being a bumbling idiot and being unable to fakeclaim. Or, you're right, I'm just a giant idiot.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #635 on: February 17, 2020, 04:25:59 pm »

you could answer it, if you read the previous page :) the posts are pretty clear.

1) your partial claim made no sense. there's no potential role that anyone can think of that would say "cayvie killed galz" and also be vulnerable to cayvie being redirected.

2) this isn't the first time you've brought up avoiding "giving scum targets" as a reason to avoid full claiming. but you've already partially claimed an investigative role. if you're town, you're already a target. so that logic doesn't make sense either.

So here's the thing. Our doctor is dead, yes. But with 4+ redirectors running around, there's absolutely no guarantee scum will kill who they want to kill. So it's not like raerae dies 100% if she claims.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 17, 2020, 06:02:26 pm »

I'm pretty over my ability as a player in this game being attacked. Lunch me if you want to or use your heads and listen to what I've actually said. I got a result that told me cayvie killed Galz. cayvie said she redirected me to ari so if she's telling the truth then ari made that kill. I left room for that possibility because it's exactly that, a possibility. cayvie, however, immediately jumped to me lying and fakeclaiming and being really really awful at it. And a lot of you believe that. So kill me if you want to, you're wrong but I'm done.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 17, 2020, 06:39:07 pm »

anything in particular you're wondering about? or is this "more discussion is good" in a general sense?

More discussion is good in a general chance. I’m not really wondering about anything but there’s still the (slight) chance Raerae is telling the truth and flips town and then I’d be next on the lynch cycle and that would pretty much be GG, so I wanna hear ALL the deets before I put all my chips down on Raerae lying.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 17, 2020, 06:39:31 pm »

“Discussion is good in a general SENSE”. My bad. Shoulda read my post for typos.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 17, 2020, 07:37:13 pm »

More discussion is good in a general chance. I’m not really wondering about anything but there’s still the (slight) chance Raerae is telling the truth and flips town and then I’d be next on the lynch cycle and that would pretty much be GG, so I wanna hear ALL the deets before I put all my chips down on Raerae lying.

Heh, pretty sure it's me next on the block if she somehow flips town. The case against you has to contend with wcd's claim that she redirected you.

Whereas my defense has no such corroboration from anyone else.

But I'm pretty confident she's just scum.

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 17, 2020, 07:42:17 pm »

Shraeye, LL... what are y’all thinking?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 17, 2020, 08:26:04 pm »

It's hard to come up with a role that would allow you to know that with any certyainty given the nature of the game as it has been revealed to us so far. You've refused to claim your role, which would allow us to understand how you are able to know what you claim to know. You left yourself a very specific out for if cayvie flips town (oops, guess the scum redirector targeted her), which is a scummy thing to do when claiming an investigative role.

Aren't you the one who said to stop claiming? This is very confusing. I'm not supposed to claim until I'm supposed to and I'm scummy if I do but more scummy if I don't. What the actual hell. Should I just not have said anything and tried to make some shirt up to get cayvie lynched? This is infuriating.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2020, 08:27:33 pm »

I don't think I've ever self-voted but I want this hammer. Somebody put me at L-1, I've got a few things to say.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 18, 2020, 01:11:41 am »

hey

if you're talking about our winking and stuff, this involves claiming and it's not good.

in general, I think one or more of the redirectors is scum, i think cayvie vs raerae is town v town so i am thinking about you and Joseph. If we take the redirector stuff aside, i still think ari, Glooble and pubby are moderately scummy. MiX is townie, shraeye is as well i think, although i am wary of him, he caught my very subtle softclaim and it might be dangerous if he's scum.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 18, 2020, 03:16:36 am »

hey

if you're talking about our winking and stuff, this involves claiming and it's not good.

in general, I think one or more of the redirectors is scum, i think cayvie vs raerae is town v town so i am thinking about you and Joseph. If we take the redirector stuff aside, i still think ari, Glooble and pubby are moderately scummy. MiX is townie, shraeye is as well i think, although i am wary of him, he caught my very subtle softclaim and it might be dangerous if he's scum.

if raerae and i are both town, then that means one of:

a) ari did a strongman kill last night
b) ari and wcd are both lying
c) there's more redirection/busdriving shenanigans afoot.

or something else i haven't thought of i'm sure.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: February 18, 2020, 03:18:09 am »

hey

i suppose

d) ari and joseph are lying.

is a possibility

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 18, 2020, 03:21:19 am »

fuck i think i just talked myself into a vote: arishipshape

unvote

let's sleep on this.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 18, 2020, 03:27:04 am »

oh, there's also the possibility that (wow)

redirector!raerae orders: make cayvie target galzria
cayvie orders: make raerae target ari
joseph orders: make wcd target ari
wcd orders: make whoever target raerae
galzria orders: protect raerae
ari orders: shoot someone

in that scenario, if the redirections are applied bottom uponly ari is lying. his shot gets duplicated toward galz and raerae and rae is protected. hilarious.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 18, 2020, 05:06:53 am »

Aren't you the one who said to stop claiming? This is very confusing. I'm not supposed to claim until I'm supposed to and I'm scummy if I do but more scummy if I don't. What the actual hell. Should I just not have said anything and tried to make some shirt up to get cayvie lynched? This is infuriating.

When the ENTIRE DAY is about your softclaim, and about how town has no idea what it is but want to vote based on it, it's probably correct to claim. Of course, I don't know what you are, and give cayvie's theorizing it's probably best if you don't (because it's kinda late for that, and it's getting less and less valuable to claim as we speak), but you can see everyone else's perspective, right?

Oh, and don't self-hammer.

hey

c) is the answer, regardless of ari being scum or not. If you're both town, I'm not sure that's enough to vote ari...it's possible raerae's information isn't that good and it gets lost amidst all the redirection...or not. I don't know.

Can you answer this raerae: based on all of the redirections, would you say ari did the kill? And I do mean all of them, including Joseph's one on ari.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 18, 2020, 05:49:34 am »

hey

i suppose

d) ari and joseph are lying.

is a possibility
I'm leaning towards being in scenario b right now
And I shouldn't have let WCD claim results after me, especially as I'd targetted them
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.