Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40  All

Author Topic: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (MAFIA WIN!)  (Read 104401 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: BM29: Bud Idea Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: February 16, 2020, 11:29:54 pm »

Hey folks, cayvie made the kill. Unless somebody redirected cayvie this is a thing I know to be true.

remember, this is the claim that raerae made.

that i made the kill.

that she knew that.

and that it mattered if i was redirected.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 17, 2020, 12:57:40 am »

to continue: glooble hypothesizes that raerae is "some sort of cop or watcher that cuts through the redirection".

scenario A: cop!raerae
why would a cop be worried if i was redirected? how would a cop be certain that i made the kill?

scenario B: watcher!raerae
why would a watcher be worried if i was redirected? presumably if a watcher targeted galzria and saw me target galzria, then it wouldn't matter whether i'd been redirected or not. galzria would still be dead and i would be the one who had targeted him.

scenario C: tracker!raerae
imagine a tracker targets cayvie and gets a result "your target targeted galzria". yet again, why would it matter if i was redirected?

scenario D: redirector!raerae
presumably in this scenario raerae redirected me to target galzria. how would she be certain that I was the one who committed the kill? and, again, why would it matter if I was redirected?

are there any other potential investigative roles that anyone can think of that would make sense here?

there's the role called Detective i think, that specifically said if a person made a kill throughout the game. it's a weaker cop basically
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 17, 2020, 01:21:08 am »

to continue: glooble hypothesizes that raerae is "some sort of cop or watcher that cuts through the redirection".

why would a cop be worried if i was redirected? how would a cop be certain that i made the kill?

why would a watcher be worried if i was redirected? presumably if a watcher targeted galzria and saw me target galzria, then it wouldn't matter whether i'd been redirected or not. galzria would still be dead and i would be the one who had targeted him.

imagine a tracker targets cayvie and gets a result "your target targeted galzria". yet again, why would it matter if i was redirected?

presumably in this scenario raerae redirected me to target galzria. how would she be certain that I was the one who committed the kill? and, again, why would it matter if I was redirected?

are there any other potential investigative roles that anyone can think of that would make sense here?

there's the role called Detective i think, that specifically said if a person made a kill throughout the game. it's a weaker cop basically

yet again, why would it matter if i was redirected?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 17, 2020, 01:43:43 am »

Can you point me, please, where raerae said it matters. I might've skipped it

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 17, 2020, 01:59:58 am »

here you go:

Hey folks, cayvie made the kill. Unless somebody redirected cayvie this is a thing I know to be true.

she/her

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 17, 2020, 02:19:02 am »

Why are we voting Joseph? Did I miss something?
People are being silly that's why
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 17, 2020, 03:13:05 am »

here you go:

maybe some kind of tracker who knows your initial target only? there was once a role that could get "the last message of player's qt". it's busted, but we're in bm

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 17, 2020, 04:33:45 am »

Actually, here's a thought: WCD could be a scum redirector, and the scum who did the NK (who would be someone other than WCD) just targetted Galz anyway

That would be a reason our logic doesn't add up
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 17, 2020, 06:08:29 am »

Actually, here's a thought: WCD could be a scum redirector, and the scum who did the NK (who would be someone other than WCD) just targetted Galz anyway

How does that what where did you get there?

I'm assuming scum NKd Galzria and no one messed with them, otherwise someone would've claimed to target Galzria, because you can't redirect without targeting them.

Also for everyone theorizing raerae's PR, let her come up with her own claim. If she's town, she has something that makes sense. If she's scum, she had something in mind when making the claim. This means the claim is somewhat solidified, so it must've made some sense to someone, either mail-mi or the scum team.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #609 on: February 17, 2020, 06:26:42 am »

Raerae could be a modified watcher who sees the final target rather than the initial target. That would make some sense in a game full of redirectors. I guess if that’s true then it’s still possible cayvie is town and her redirect was redirected to Galzria.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 17, 2020, 08:43:05 am »

I’m not sure that speculating about what rae’s role is gets us anywhere. She has doubled down in not claiming, so she’s not gonna claim.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 17, 2020, 08:51:19 am »

Well, one more thought about rae’s result. She said “unless someone redirected cayvie” but maybe she hadn’t full considered that she (Rae) could have been redirected.

I think cayvie’s claim of redirecting Rae to Ari is more compelling. And he’s on my scummier list.

I’ll wait for a vote count to vote because I have no idea where we’re at.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 17, 2020, 10:31:31 am »

I'm assuming scum NKd Galzria and no one messed with them, otherwise someone would've claimed to target Galzria, because you can't redirect without targeting them.

Also for everyone theorizing raerae's PR, let her come up with her own claim. If she's town, she has something that makes sense. If she's scum, she had something in mind when making the claim. This means the claim is somewhat solidified, so it must've made some sense to someone, either mail-mi or the scum team.

Miracle of miracles, Mix! You are making a lot of sense to me right now. TownMiX!

I’ve been thinking about the people who aren’t involved the festival of redirection. Glooble, pubby, and LL laying real low. Shraeye somewhat less so. Are they just watching us eat our own tail?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #613 on: February 17, 2020, 11:28:28 am »

Miracle of miracles, Mix! You are making a lot of sense to me right now. TownMiX!

I’ve been thinking about the people who aren’t involved the festival of redirection. Glooble, pubby, and LL laying real low. Shraeye somewhat less so. Are they just watching us eat our own tail?

Any information I could add at this point would help scum much more than it would help town.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 17, 2020, 12:02:02 pm »

I’m not sure that speculating about what rae’s role is gets us anywhere. She has doubled down in not claiming, so she’s not gonna claim.

nah. i think she flubbed her own fakeclaim, and i'm trying to demonstrate that.

i'm talking about her claim because it's by far the most solid evidence we have against any player. and it doesn't depend on solving any festival of redirection!

raerae's initial claim made no sense whatsoever. and she is declining to clarify. that's enough to lynch, for me.

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 17, 2020, 12:05:11 pm »

i'm talking about her claim because it's by far the most solid evidence we have against any player. and it doesn't depend on solving any festival of redirection!

raerae's initial claim made no sense whatsoever. and she is declining to clarify. that's enough to lynch, for me.

Why would scum!raerae say something that made no sense whatsoever?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 17, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »

Why would scum!raerae say something that made no sense whatsoever?

because she messed up a fakeclaim?

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 17, 2020, 12:08:21 pm »

because lies are harder to keep consistent than the truth?

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 17, 2020, 12:09:07 pm »

Why did she mess up a fakeclaim in the first place?

I've been in that position, by the way. I just wanna see what your premises are.

She came up with the fakeclaim before softclaiming, obviously. Why wouldn't she or why do you not believe this? Loaded question, but still.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 17, 2020, 12:17:35 pm »

Why did she mess up a fakeclaim in the first place?

I've been in that position, by the way. I just wanna see what your premises are.

She came up with the fakeclaim before softclaiming, obviously. Why wouldn't she or why do you not believe this? Loaded question, but still.

sure. i think she planned with her scumbuddies to claim a result on me. so she started the day with an unexplained vote.

immediately after that, she sees WCD and I start speculating about a bunch of redirectors, and i start bringing up setting info that i'd asked mail-mi overnight. so she's like "oh crap, cayvie's looking real townie here, better claim fast, better fit redirectors somewhere into my claim", and she does so. but she's not actually thinking from the perspective of a real investigative role, so she messes it up under pressure.

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #620 on: February 17, 2020, 12:46:08 pm »

Okay, cayvie. I'm convinced. Your scenario seems more likely.

vote: raerae

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 17, 2020, 12:49:02 pm »

Okay, cayvie. I'm convinced. Your scenario seems more likely.

vote: raerae

I would vote you on the spot...if I wasn't thinking the same thing.

Unvote, this is not getting untangled today.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 17, 2020, 12:53:23 pm »

I’m feeling what cayvie is putting down, too.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 17, 2020, 12:56:15 pm »

Vote: raerae

I think that is L-2

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 17, 2020, 12:59:46 pm »

I'm saying "there is no way all the redirectors are town", and you're sitting there townreading anybody/everybody who claims redirector. You could start by not doing that.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.