Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25  All

Author Topic: BM28: Joth's Bed Idea Mafia (Game over, Anti-Town Wins)  (Read 65648 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: BM28: Joth's Bed Idea Mafia
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2019, 11:33:56 am »

Hahahahaha, I'm an idiot, let's try again.

Vote: MiX

Dude hasn't made me laugh once this game.

If I tried it wouldn't work anyway.

Maybe it will work if you don't try!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2019, 11:34:33 am »

Hahahahaha, I'm an idiot, let's try again.

Vote: MiX

Dude hasn't made me laugh once this game.

If I tried it wouldn't work anyway.

Maybe it will work if you don't try!

Well clearly it hasn't.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:11 am »

Oofda, tough crowd.

Anywayyyyy, DatSwan, Awaclus, you guys really think you're scum?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:35 am »

Oofda, tough crowd.

Anywayyyyy, DatSwan, Awaclus, you guys really think you're scum?

I don't think I'm scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:57 am »

But DatSwan really thinks that he's scum.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2019, 11:43:45 am »

Vote: mail-mi

Just in case he secretly survived? I guess that makes sense, it is a bastard game.

That IS pretty bastard.

Glooble, you really have nothing to vote for after rereading? Knowing your alignment must be amazing to analyze D1, right? Also can people with more time than me at least make a case on, uh, anyone? Or do I need to kickstart this day with accusations?

Knowing my alignment raises more questions than it answers. I know scum wasn't in any real danger, which means they wouldn't take any big risks to swing the vote. Raerae and MiX both backed off me when my lynch was close, which could be read as skittish, but I'm still townreading both of them.

I am currently stuck between Awaclus and Jimmmmm. They both voted in kind of an opportunistic way. But Jimmmmm's L-1 on mail-mi was close enough to deadline that it's pretty town, so I guess I'll vote: Awaclus. I could still totally go for Jimmmmm though.

Wish I had a stronger case.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2019, 12:50:19 pm »

skittish

Wait. This isn't the skitter game.

I don't know what Jimmmmm's L-1 vote has to do with his alignment.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2019, 12:56:16 pm »

skittish

Wait. This isn't the skitter game.

I don't know what Jimmmmm's L-1 vote has to do with his alignment.

If it had come with more time on the clock I would have found it scummier. But as it is, I don't.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2019, 01:57:38 pm »

Vote: mail-mi

Just in case he secretly survived? I guess that makes sense, it is a bastard game.

That IS pretty bastard.

Glooble, you really have nothing to vote for after rereading? Knowing your alignment must be amazing to analyze D1, right? Also can people with more time than me at least make a case on, uh, anyone? Or do I need to kickstart this day with accusations?

Knowing my alignment raises more questions than it answers. I know scum wasn't in any real danger, which means they wouldn't take any big risks to swing the vote. Raerae and MiX both backed off me when my lynch was close, which could be read as skittish, but I'm still townreading both of them.

I am currently stuck between Awaclus and Jimmmmm. They both voted in kind of an opportunistic way. But Jimmmmm's L-1 on mail-mi was close enough to deadline that it's pretty town, so I guess I'll vote: Awaclus. I could still totally go for Jimmmmm though.

Wish I had a stronger case.

Have you forgotten that I'm a confirmed Mason?

Yes, my vote on you was opportunistic. I hopped on your wagon when I saw the opportunity to fish for interesting interactions, at which I was highly successful. I don't see what's scummy about that. If you're talking about my mail-mi vote, that doesn't even make any sense because I had already been voting for mail-mi before the tangents with shraeye and you came up.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2019, 02:21:52 pm »

How are you a confirmed mason? You and Awaclus can both be scum!

...how do you know you were highly successful?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2019, 10:50:27 pm »

From reading the thread.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2019, 10:59:26 pm »

From reading the thread.

Witchcraft!!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2019, 11:12:26 pm »

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE

Vote Count 1.9

mail-mi (5): WestCoastDidds, Galzria, DatSwan, Awaclus, Glooble (L-1)
Glooble (3): shraeye, Jimmmmm, mail-mi (L-3)
MiX (1): raerae (L-5)
shraeye (1): MiX (L-5)

Not voting (0):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Friday, November 29th at 10:30 am.

So here is why i am OK with my Awaclus vote. The above was the construct of the wagon just before i stopped voting for Mail Mi.

After this Jimmm comes in and Mix hammers.

We are faced with the upside downside of lynching an SK and nothing else happening. We have no info. The only info we have is that skum presumably did not know Mail Mi was an SK so to them they were pushing a standard mislynch.

So either...

1) Glooble is “Town” and it was town vs town. In which case if there was skum not voting a wagon, maybe they do maybe they don’t who the hell knows. If there was skum on Glooble.... they probably didn’t move from a town wagon to a town wagon bc that looks suspicious. And if there was skum on Mail Mi they would of sit tight.

K but then we don’t know what Glooble is so ....

2) Glooble is skum and it was a skum v “Town” wagon. So i Unvote... would jimm scramble? Would mix hammer after jimm leaves Glooble? Idk, again no info. I suppose i think it likelier the mix but than the Jim bit but it is all stretches and reaches right now. However, what doesn’t stay constant is that skum (if on Mail Mi before the end of day approaches) they would sit there.

So skum sits on Mail mi if Glooble is town, and skum sits on Mail mi if Glooble is skum. So that leaves me looking at Didds Galz or Awaclus (or Glooble, but bc potential self prez can’t run with that too hard).

Awaclus vote out of those seemed potentially opportunistic (which would mean my assumption of Glooble being town if Awaclus is skum) and so yeah. Voting Awaclus.

Can’t remember who asked but there you go... a lot of words in a row.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:54 pm »

I didn't "sit on mail-mi". I was voting for Glooble and I moved back to mail-mi after Glooble's claim.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2019, 11:24:51 pm »

I didn't "sit on mail-mi". I was voting for Glooble and I moved back to mail-mi after Glooble's claim.

Sit on as it were, for terms of this use, is after i un voted. I should use better verbiage though - i am not claiming you were there a long time - just during a certain time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2019, 11:30:57 pm »

Sit on as it were, for terms of this use, is after i un voted. I should use better verbiage though - i am not claiming you were there a long time - just during a certain time.

After you unvoted, there was exactly one viable lynch and it was mail-mi. Your unvote served no purpose whatsoever.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2019, 11:33:35 pm »

After you unvoted, there was exactly one viable lynch and it was mail-mi. Your unvote served no purpose whatsoever.

So wouldn't scum be less likely to unvote? Minimize actions, minimize scrutiny sort of thing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:11 pm »

So wouldn't scum be less likely to unvote? Minimize actions, minimize scrutiny sort of thing.

By that logic, town would be less likely to unvote too.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2019, 11:39:05 pm »

By that logic, town would be less likely to unvote too.

But town generally cares less about what looks or doesn't look townie.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2019, 12:00:22 am »

I don't think that's true.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2019, 12:13:25 am »

I think there's a correlation, but it's not the only or necessarily the strongest one.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2019, 12:15:28 am »

I think there's a correlation, but it's not the only or necessarily the strongest one.

Well, the statement kind of disproves itself, doesn't it? If town cares less about what looks or doesn't look towny and scum cares more, then scum, in an attempt to look more towny, cares less about what looks or doesn't look towny.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2019, 12:19:18 am »

Well, the statement kind of disproves itself, doesn't it? If town cares less about what looks or doesn't look towny and scum cares more, then scum, in an attempt to look more towny, cares less about what looks or doesn't look towny.

That logic basically removes all possibility of scumhunting. The game is based on the idea that scum can't perfectly emulate their Town selves.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2019, 12:25:02 am »

That logic basically removes all possibility of scumhunting. The game is based on the idea that scum can't perfectly emulate their Town selves.

It's not hard to emulate posting "unvote".

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2019, 12:30:14 am »

It's not hard to emulate posting "unvote".

We started at "generally" but now we're talking about the very specific action of unvoting?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25  All

Page created in 2.589 seconds with 19 queries.