Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 168789 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Two)
« Reply #775 on: November 20, 2019, 01:39:01 pm »

Nobody should claim for the rest of D2 unless you have something truly relevant
I was just going to claim who my partner is, but this post convinced me not to.

Sounds relevant to me.

Ha
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 20, 2019, 02:07:47 pm »

Actually I'm inclined to believe you have 2 partners. Seems like the perfect balance of truth and fiction. You have an incentive to make your faction seem as small and vulnerable as possible, but if you claim it was just you in the faction we'd probably lynch you in a heartbeat to prevent you from using your kill. 1 partner is the perfect number to claim in that regard. As for why you'd lie to us about it at all, it'd throw off everyone's calculations in the end game, and you're faction stands a good chance of coming out on top like that (especially if your faction's single night kill is saved until the end).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 20, 2019, 02:22:07 pm »

Actually I'm inclined to believe you have 2 partners. Seems like the perfect balance of truth and fiction. You have an incentive to make your faction seem as small and vulnerable as possible, but if you claim it was just you in the faction we'd probably lynch you in a heartbeat to prevent you from using your kill. 1 partner is the perfect number to claim in that regard. As for why you'd lie to us about it at all, it'd throw off everyone's calculations in the end game, and you're faction stands a good chance of coming out on top like that (especially if your faction's single night kill is saved until the end).
This makes sense. Waiting to see what Swan says, but I think lynching faust seems prudent. Hitting scum is good.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #778 on: November 20, 2019, 03:14:57 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

faust: (7): Galzria, Eevee, raerae, pubby, DatSwan, LaLight, mail-mi
LaLight (1): WestCoastDidds
DatSwan (5): e, Joseph2302, Brightgalrs, Uncleeurope, MiX
raerae (1): faust

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, shraeye, EFHW

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day Two ends at 14:30 UTC, 11/26/19.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 20, 2019, 03:29:54 pm »

L-2
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: November 20, 2019, 03:44:00 pm »

This line of thinking only makes sense if I was able to choose how many partners I have. Yes, claiming to have one partner when I have 2 makes sense. But claiming to have one partner when I have one makes just as much sense. I would have totally been up for another partner, but EFHW was bad.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 20, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »

Actually, let me get that out of my system while I still can: Vote: EFHW
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 20, 2019, 03:46:28 pm »

This line of thinking only makes sense if I was able to choose how many partners I have. Yes, claiming to have one partner when I have 2 makes sense. But claiming to have one partner when I have one makes just as much sense. I would have totally been up for another partner, but EFHW was bad.

Agreed with both and the likelyhood faust has 2 partners is the same as any other amount since, as Bright said, 2 is the easiest claim, which means faust claims that regardless of reality.

Actually, let me get that out of my system while I still can: Vote: EFHW

Are you choosing to die then?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 20, 2019, 03:56:40 pm »

sooo I am not super following the logic that this player group has: e, Joseph2302, Brightgalrs, Uncleeurope, MiX.

1) Yes, Faust is telling the truth... well at least to the extent that I was turned into a VT last night (I suppose it doesn't have to be him who did it).

2) I chose not to say anything at first because I did not see how it would help. Then Faust claimed. Then I started considering the upsides and downsides... then I went to bed and woke up to Faust claiming it was me and I am skummy for not claiming it happened in the first like 24 hours of the game being open.

3) I can claim role if we all want that I guess... as it doesn't really matter anymore.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 20, 2019, 04:05:39 pm »

F it, we win the game by killing everyone who isn't town, this minimizes town losses in the day. We can't actually control night kills counts, let alone night kills. Unless someone has a really good result...which I doubt, because Galzria is Bloodhound and no one else has claimed anything useful.

We're not going to win this game. The moment 4 people died is the moment we lost. That and joth. God dammit joth...

Vote: faust, end the day.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 20, 2019, 04:28:01 pm »

2) I chose not to say anything at first because I did not see how it would help.
Raising the alarm that a Vanillaizer is alive and well, raising the alarm that one of the night kills might've been the Aliens, ruling out a Serial Killer (of course now we "know" this part is unlikely). None of that woul'ved be helpful?

3) I can claim role if we all want that I guess... as it doesn't really matter anymore.
That's what I'm looking for. What was your original role?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 20, 2019, 04:32:11 pm »

We're not going to win this game. The moment 4 people died is the moment we lost. That and joth. God dammit joth...
Don't be so pessimistic. It's possible there will be a bystander effect with Galzria tonight, the three night kills could all avoid him if they think the other kills will take care of him. Or the opposite could happen where they all try and kill him, killing only a single townie instead of 3.
And besides that, the fewer townies there are the greater chance of scum killing themselves, so there's an self-balancing element to this whole thing.

Also, hold off on the hammer until DatSwan gives us his role.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 20, 2019, 04:32:39 pm »

With all the town deaths there's a pretty high chance we're outnumbered.
Why is everybody assuming that we have big full "normal" scum teams??
Isn't that the least likely possibility?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 20, 2019, 04:36:45 pm »

I guess always assume the worst.

But I don't feel as pessimistic as MiX nevertheless. Full scum teams (if they exist) as someone noted above should be more afraid of each other than town

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 20, 2019, 04:39:29 pm »

I guess always assume the worst.

But I don't feel as pessimistic as MiX nevertheless. Full scum teams (if they exist) as someone noted above should be more afraid of each other than town

Pretty much this.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 20, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »

Our weapon is a lynch. It is a very untrustworthy weapon as everyone uses it, people can manipulate it. Most scum teams have a kill and scum teams are afraid of that kill of other scum teams.

Don't give up

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 20, 2019, 04:44:16 pm »

I believe MiX and Galz are town. I am very unsure about everyone else and some of the people I am surprised are here as I don't remember at all of they posted

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 20, 2019, 04:44:27 pm »

It's weird to not claim AFTER faust says it, is kinda my point. As town or scum, really. But was it obviously good to claim it? Is it obvious now? I mean, I can see town not say it to try and get NKd...
It's also weird to not claim after faust says it as well, yeah.

I only looked at it from a vanilla-ized scum's perspective. But imagine you're a town player that was vanilla-ized last night. That information confirms that the Alien faction is active in this game. You'd want to tell everyone, wouldn't you? And it'd definitely be in your first post, ie. way before faust had a chance to tell us what was going on.
To be fair, "of course I would claim" may be your automatic thought process, but I guarantee you there are players who disagree, and players who wouldn't have even thought about the implications.

Especially in a big crazy-crazy no normal game

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 20, 2019, 04:47:24 pm »

It's weird to not claim AFTER faust says it, is kinda my point. As town or scum, really. But was it obviously good to claim it? Is it obvious now? I mean, I can see town not say it to try and get NKd...

I only looked at it from a vanilla-ized scum's perspective. But imagine you're a town player that was vanilla-ized last night. That information confirms that the Alien faction is active in this game. You'd want to tell everyone, wouldn't you? And it'd definitely be in your first post, ie. way before faust had a chance to tell us what was going on.
To be fair, "of course I would claim" may be your automatic thought process, but I guarantee you there are players who disagree, and players who wouldn't have even thought about the implications.

100000000% agree on shraeye on this.

Our weapon is a lynch. It is a very untrustworthy weapon as everyone uses it, people can manipulate it. Most scum teams have a kill and scum teams are afraid of that kill of other scum teams.

Ok so basically my idea rn is there's no freaking way we can neuter NK quantity. Like technically we can with a hail mary but we hit town more than we hit

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 20, 2019, 04:47:35 pm »

Why should I claim?

Because you seem to have tied yourself to faust, claimed scum that you seem resistant to lunching for some reason.

It's boring predictable and what we are going to end up doing. Might as well find other scum while you're at it. Like you.
Shraeye-dar says raerae is not scum.  What makes you think she is?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 20, 2019, 04:49:21 pm »

we hit

The god damn post hotkey.

Ok so basically my idea rn is there's no freaking way we can neuter NK quantity. Like technically we can with a hail mary but we hit town more than we hit SK or lone wolf so we take the scum NK and pray to god that PRs go our way, there's nothing else we can truly do.

Why should I claim?

Because you seem to have tied yourself to faust, claimed scum that you seem resistant to lunching for some reason.

It's boring predictable and what we are going to end up doing. Might as well find other scum while you're at it. Like you.

Wanting to kill faust like it's 100% correct. It's not. But it is correct because this game's gone to hell.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 20, 2019, 04:49:36 pm »

100000000% agree on shraeye on this.

Ok so basically my idea rn is there's no freaking way we can neuter NK quantity. Like technically we can with a hail mary but we hit town more than we hit

I agree with shraeye as well.

"We" is...?

Yeah, we mislynches two towns basically, this is not losing the game. Now we lynch a claimed scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 20, 2019, 04:51:09 pm »

we hit

The god damn post hotkey.

Ok so basically my idea rn is there's no freaking way we can neuter NK quantity. Like technically we can with a hail mary but we hit town more than we hit SK or lone wolf so we take the scum NK and pray to god that PRs go our way, there's nothing else we can truly do.

Why should I claim?

Wanting to kill faust like it's 100% correct. It's not. But it is correct because this game's gone to hell.

You're being surprisingly negative, I can't see any reason, why

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 20, 2019, 04:51:58 pm »

I am off to sleep, I don't think this game is lost.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 20, 2019, 04:53:28 pm »

I am off to sleep, I don't think this game is lost.

Ok I can believe you, sure

Vote: raerae

But I highly doubt there's going to be a better kill than faust if no one claims.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.