Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Why is the server so fuct right now?  (Read 7268 times)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
Why is the server so fuct right now?
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:53:31 pm »

Just played a game that the game was literally freezing and lagging every other move/card. Really just unplayable.  Step up your game Goko (or whoever is doing it now)
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Why is the server so fuct right now?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 06:50:14 pm »

just played two games.  one worked fine.  next I was freezing every card or so and my opponent was fine.  In first game (above) both me and my opponent were getting it horribly.
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 10:25:31 pm »

Laggy games for weeks now.  3 of my last 4 opponents were ultimately disconnected and made to resign.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 11:41:11 pm »
+1

It's on your end.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 04:38:00 am »

I had one day in the last week where Oregon was laggy for me. I told Stef and he said later that he rebootet it, but had no problems himself . So maybe it was just my connection to America that was for whatever reason slow (from Germany, playing on Frankfurt was fine).

Usually when a server is slow, the messages from players pile up on discord, so then it becomes clear that the server is the problem and not some connection. So in this case, my guess would be some intermediate connection slowness that Honkeyfresh may have no control over. Especially if the opponent's timed out.

IsotropicWasBetter

• Scout
  • "Goko is the Best"- said no-one ever
  • Respect: +119
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 10:16:21 am »
+5

#isotropicwasbetter

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 01:35:28 pm »
+5

#isotropicwasbetter

honestly at this point other than logs there's nothing really left to miss about iso
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

xtruffles

• Scout
  • Shuffle iT Username: xtruffles
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 05:45:28 pm »

#isotropicwasbetter

I think ShuffleIT brings a lot of nice things - cleaner UI, spectator features (ie. spec chat), player features (ie. banlists) and etc.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 05:33:37 pm »

Someone fixed something.  B/c the last week or so it has been almost flawless.  like 99% less lags than before and I haven't seen a loading/crashed/stalled connection in a week or 2.

Thanks for whatever ya'll did.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 11:19:25 am »

#isotropicwasbetter

honestly at this point other than logs there's nothing really left to miss about iso

Well, that and the prototype Dominion art.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 11:44:41 am »
+1

Iso was faster and had smoother performance than ShiT does. I'd take it over ShiT for sure.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 02:39:30 pm »

Iso was free also. Of course I'm not implying that online Dominion should be free; Donald and RGG should make money off of it. But even so being free is a thing to miss about it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2019, 10:19:12 pm »

I had one day in the last week where Oregon was laggy for me. I told Stef and he said later that he rebooted it, but had no problems himself. So maybe it was just my connection to America that was for whatever reason slow (from Germany, playing on Frankfurt was fine).

Usually, when a server is slow, the messages from players pile up on discord, so then it becomes clear that the server is the problem and not some connection. So in this case, my guess would be some intermediate connection slowness that Honkeyfresh may have no control over. Especially if the opponent's timed out.

Thanks!  :D This clears up a lot.  FYI I have had a few games in the last week where its been a little laggy again.  I didn't realize it may be that a particular region is an issue.  In the future if i see anything I'll try and mention what region it is. 

Thanks again for replying.  That's also pretty intere4sting and just cool to know in general.  8)

Wolphmaniac

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: DividedSpy
  • Respect: +279
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2019, 11:11:33 pm »
+1

Iso was faster and had smoother performance than ShiT does. I'd take it over ShiT for sure.
I also really miss the badges and statistical analysis on Council Room that were powered by iso.

Man I loved playing for the badges!  http://councilroom.com/player?player=Wolphmaniac
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.