Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 83200 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)
« Reply #800 on: January 27, 2020, 11:34:05 am »

What was the Fillmore Graves win con?

Could I have claimed zombie mafia and the two of them would have just been kingmakers?

Most of the setup can be found here: https://quicktopic.com/52/H/rmEHEQeakjvf

Fillmore-Graves was a kind of Survivor-like faction that could win with either Town or Mafia, but needed to turn everyone Zombie (and counted as a threat to town as long as they didn't). In theory, the game would have gone on after this lynch, but since Didds was guaranteed to die next Night and that gave FG a blocking majority, turning everyone into a zombie could not be prevented.

Ok, I see
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 27, 2020, 11:36:06 am »

So awaclus' kill was delayed? So that is why it didn't go through?
Yes.

Could I have claimed zombie mafia and the two of them would have just been kingmakers?
You could have cooperated... if they believed you. You still would have needed to make sure to not starve before the game ends. Which might have proven difficult since Galzria could have blocked you one Night.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 27, 2020, 11:36:51 am »

I'm really proud of my fakeclaim and how well it was accepted

I am sorry for removing you from this game MiX :(  I was paranoid that there was a faction in the game that was opposite and wanted to make everybody humans so I was shooting at someone I thought might be that faction from the way they were talking.  I knew it was also possible there was no such faction but as 3rd party I didn't actually have to care whether you were town or scum so it seemed like the only good shooting criterion.

I helped zombies stay alive! I wanted to help town zombies  :(

But you helped town in the end, that's all that matters.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 27, 2020, 11:40:11 am »

I did not understand that we counted as a threat to the town as long as we were alive, and I thought that when the last mafia was lynched we would lose if we hadn't achieved our wincon yet.  I would have appreciated better communication on that (well, unless we weren't supposed to understand that and that was part of the design)
It is my policy to not point out misinterpretations when I see them unless I am directly asked a question. The thought process being that that would favor scum factions who can actually talk about their misinterpretations over town who might also misread their role, but aren't talking about it so I don't see it.

I'm not 100% sure that that's the best way to do it, but it's worked alright so far.
Oh, this is my modding philosophy also, the location where I would argue for different communication is only in my role PM.  100% agree with not jumping in based on discussions that were visible in the third party PT

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 27, 2020, 11:43:36 am »

I’m sorry I pushed your lynch Shraeye!
No worries!  I've been soooooo crazy off in all my reads lately that it's probably in everybody's best interest to lynch me.  Either you get scum, or you get loud+wrong out of the way :)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 27, 2020, 11:57:01 am »

Hooray!

Good job town and fun setup Faust! Cool roles and interesting mechanics

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 27, 2020, 11:58:55 am »

I think this is my first 3p win

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 27, 2020, 12:10:21 pm »

I'm really proud of my fakeclaim and how well it was accepted

I am sorry for removing you from this game MiX :(  I was paranoid that there was a faction in the game that was opposite and wanted to make everybody humans so I was shooting at someone I thought might be that faction from the way they were talking.  I knew it was also possible there was no such faction but as 3rd party I didn't actually have to care whether you were town or scum so it seemed like the only good shooting criterion.
Really good fakeclaim. I thought there was the potential of you and DatSwan being in cahoots, but would have expected you to have the same anthology type role.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 27, 2020, 12:25:50 pm »

Yes.

You could have cooperated... if they believed you. You still would have needed to make sure to not starve before the game ends. Which might have proven difficult since Galzria could have blocked you one Night.

Yeah, for those interested, the two unclaimed parts of my role were:
- Every one of my customers got changed to Vanilla of their faction the night following my death (not just my lynch). I claimed lynch only in the hopes that if we were wrong on the lynch during the final day, that it would encourage a NK on me - hands down the most useful way for me to die.
- I could actively Vanilla-ize any of my existing customers at night, with the cost of losing them as customers on following days. Had were lynched anybody other than e here (say, pops), I would’ve used this power at night on e. I did not feel super confident using it earlier in the game however.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:15 pm »

Hooray! That was super fun faust. Thank you!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #810 on: January 27, 2020, 01:12:43 pm »

Glad we won after my abysmal play.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 27, 2020, 01:20:40 pm »

Yes, the other part of my role is that the actions are delayed. So, he. Someone targeted me, the neighborhood opened and the action was delayed. I had a 1-shot role block but I used it to stay human figuring if I got shot one more day might be enough to out whomever shot me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 28, 2020, 03:49:20 am »

good game everyone!
gjob Pop!

Thanks for the game Faust, was super fun set up.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 30, 2020, 01:57:41 pm »

I wanted to apologize for signing up for this and then having to bail. I think it was rough on scum to deal with two replacements on the scum team. But it turns out I did not have the real life bandwidth for this game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 30, 2020, 06:39:20 pm »

I wanted to apologize for signing up for this and then having to bail. I think it was rough on scum to deal with two replacements on the scum team. But it turns out I did not have the real life bandwidth for this game.

It's ok. I appreciate the effort e put into it. For a moment, I thought he would save the day.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 30, 2020, 07:26:54 pm »

Honestly, e did great selling his personal towniness - but I had already pegged you as scum based on your play prior to your replacement. And to be fair to you, it was actually based on your play, not your lack-thereof, which I was certainly equally as guilty of.

Don’t feel too bad about having low availability - I think most people did in general!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.