Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 82741 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #750 on: January 23, 2020, 01:57:24 pm »

I think a full claim from pops and 2.7 each shouldn’t be too big of an ask

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 23, 2020, 03:18:13 pm »

I think a full claim from pops and 2.7 each shouldn’t be too big of an ask

Hmm, I agree.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 23, 2020, 04:58:35 pm »

Yep, yep
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 23, 2020, 06:59:09 pm »

I'm a 1 shot dayvig with a weird zombie anthropology role.  Each night I target a living or dead player I didn't shoot I watch to see if zombies eat that brain.  Then if I see a zombie eat the brain I learn that zombie's behavior, and if I target the zombie with the ability and they eat a brain that night, I will learn if that zombie is "mafia" or "not mafia".  I shot MiX very early because my davyig I didn't like the restriction on not being able to watch the consumption of the brain of my dayvig and I was hopeful there were no zombies N1 so maybe I avoid the downside.  N1 I watched LaLight, no one ate the brain, but someone did eat MiX's brain, so that was sadface.  N2 I watched LaLight again, and DatSwan ate the brain, which doesn't seem like nutritional behavior he is being honest about, but probably as made zombie(s) that he is feeding aside from shraeye and he's claiming to only self target to keep his darlings secret so he hits his percentage.  N3 I targetd DatSwan and learned that DatSwan is not mafia.

Also, Glooble sent me a "Stalker Brain" night 1.  It arrived at the beginning of the night where I could use it night 1, if it was valid.  I have to be a zombie to use it, and I wasn't a zombie at that time (no comment now).  So I gave him the funny post about Netflix to convey that.  In addition to providing nutrition, it targets a player to learn if they share an alignment with me, and if they don't share an alignment with me they get roleblocked.  It's more powerful than my ability so I promise to use it at whatsoever point I may become a zombie, but I would like to keep my current level of humanness secret so it stays unclear how worthwhile it is to nightkill me.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 23, 2020, 09:14:37 pm »

It’s all so interesting now!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 24, 2020, 02:55:21 am »

Pops is truthful on me. I did try to eat Shraeyes brain. I failed. But i did try. And yeah it was to try to feed someone i was fairly certain was a zombie a brain.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 24, 2020, 03:57:05 am »

Sorry i Realized i typo-d. Night 2 was LL not Shraeye for brain eating. Shrayeye
, as mentioned was my night 1 zombie target. And night 2 was WCD.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 24, 2020, 11:04:20 am »

Okay, e, what's your story?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 24, 2020, 11:17:06 am »

Vote Count 4.1

Archetype (1): 2.71828.....
2.71828..... (1): Archetype

Not Voting (4): WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, popsofctown, Galzria

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 4 ends on January 28, 2020, 12:30:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 24, 2020, 11:21:54 pm »

vote: 2.718

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:57 pm »

I’m ready to vote for e, but that will put him at L-1. Any reason to hold off? I’m in the hill country with friends this weekend so I’m not sure how much I’ll be around Sat/Sun.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 25, 2020, 12:30:38 am »

I’m ready to vote for e, but that will put him at L-1. Any reason to hold off? I’m in the hill country with friends this weekend so I’m not sure how much I’ll be around Sat/Sun.

I assume he’s just busy honestly. But I’m comfortable defaulting to him if he doesn’t come in and claim.

Mafia Record:

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 25, 2020, 08:03:10 am »

Agreed...and there is no particular hurry.

So, I’ll be scarce this weekend but that’s my thinking at the moment.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2020, 12:33:36 am »

60 hours to deadline.

Mafia Record:

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 26, 2020, 02:19:00 am »

Hey, really sorry I haven't been around.

First things first: joth lied.

The 1 shot cure is a part of my role and always has been.

Second things: I am a zombie cop.
N1 joth investigated glooble
N2 joth used the cure on glooble and investigated pops and got zombie
N3 I investigated WCD and got zombie

I no longer have the cure, joth spent it
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 26, 2020, 02:26:41 am »

I assume joth lied to try to keep himself alive, but he didn't share in his qt
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 26, 2020, 02:45:32 am »

Things I want to know:

pops - Did you kill Awaclus last night?

WCD/Swan - did you discuss Swan's role yesterday?
 - If yes, WCD - should Swan claim?  Do you think they are town?

Archetype - Can you confirm exactly what shraeye's flip means in relation to your role

We did discuss it. I see no point in not claiming.

I am essentially a survivor zombie. I have a compulsive ability that requires me to target a player each night, whom will be turned into a zombie. I do not get why it is a compulsive ability, as my win con is to be alive when the game ends and have a certain percent of zombies in the game. I obviously, am also a zombie.

There is a further confusion, which is that my ability is enabled by something. I think it is a player. But as long as it is active/the player is alive/whatever it is, the compulsive nature of my ability stands. I say confusion, because based upon my win con I do no see why I would not target someone every night anyways.

I have a second ability which is to appear as "human" when checked, instead of zombie. But I cannot use it the same night I use the ability to turn someone in a zombie. That was the primary reason I had at first for thinking that skum=zombies way back when.

I also have a third ability that allows me, or anyone, to eat a brain. The brain does not belong to anyone, it is just like a random brain.

Night Zero I did not have to target. And did not.
Night 1 I targeted Shraeye - which is why I did not want to lynch Shraeye. I also used my ability to eat a brain for myself.
Night 2 I targeted WCD obviously. I attempted to use my ability on myself again, but it did not work.
Night 3 I targeted Awaclus. Which did not work out. I used my ability on myself to eat a brain again to prevent from going romeo.

Outside of that IDK what to give. i had a read on EFHW and it was right. Awaclus doesn't change a whole hell of a lot but I will run some VCA anyways to be sure. I do not think that WCD or Galz are skum. I do think I have other zombie partners out there I may not know about.

1. Turns people into zombies
2. Zombie godfather
3. Eat random brains

So....could be a survivor but that sounds an awful lot like someone in the mafia. Thinking about archetype's theory with scum kills being replaced with raising the brain eating threshold.

I don't think all the pieces fit perfectly but we aren't working with perfect information either because scum hides things

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 26, 2020, 02:45:54 am »

Vote: datswan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 26, 2020, 03:09:47 am »

Well, I figured it's time to get this out there.

I am the one that killed Awaclus

Part of my role is a 1-shot vig. He was pretty likely scum based on EFHW's behavior after she flipped scum. And also he hardly contributed so probably not worth spending a lynch on.

I have a working theory about the limits of Mafia's ability to kill. With a suicidal role, the romero mechanic, only one 'kill' unaccounted for (ADK's N1 death), no one to account for the lack of a scum kill last night, and the brain threshold changing on every night EXCEPT N1, my theory is that the mafia has some sort of factional ability where they can either kill someone or increase the threshold by one.

Reads wise....

Galzria: power is obv very worrying if he is scum. Pushed the odd double voter wagon on shraeye, but his interactions with EFHW don't scream scum to me

2.7: hasn't had actions verified by anyone and no one has claimed the ability to produce the zombie cure he claimed to have.

WCD: townreading here, sheeps EFHW's vote at one point in a way that would be 'too scummy to be scum'. Also has a verified power.

DatSwan: I believe his claim, so I guess that means I don't find him to be likely scum.

pops: Still hard to read....from a design perspective, having so many vigs could cause the game to end very early if they target only scum. Last night kinda verifies my theory a bit more which points more to pops' power being a scum one to give them more killing ability.

so,

would lynch: pops and 2.7
wouldn't lynch today: DatSwan, WCD, Galzria

vote: 2.7

Part of my role is being a SK. What's the other part of your role?

My previous thoughts about datswan=3rd party / archetype=scum may be just flipped where archetype is 3rd party scum and datswan is mafia scum.

And I think it is more important to lynch mafia before 3rd party

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 26, 2020, 03:13:20 am »

I'm a 1 shot dayvig with a weird zombie anthropology role.  Each night I target a living or dead player I didn't shoot I watch to see if zombies eat that brain.  Then if I see a zombie eat the brain I learn that zombie's behavior, and if I target the zombie with the ability and they eat a brain that night, I will learn if that zombie is "mafia" or "not mafia".  I shot MiX very early because my davyig I didn't like the restriction on not being able to watch the consumption of the brain of my dayvig and I was hopeful there were no zombies N1 so maybe I avoid the downside.  N1 I watched LaLight, no one ate the brain, but someone did eat MiX's brain, so that was sadface.  N2 I watched LaLight again, and DatSwan ate the brain, which doesn't seem like nutritional behavior he is being honest about, but probably as made zombie(s) that he is feeding aside from shraeye and he's claiming to only self target to keep his darlings secret so he hits his percentage.  N3 I targetd DatSwan and learned that DatSwan is not mafia.

Also, Glooble sent me a "Stalker Brain" night 1.  It arrived at the beginning of the night where I could use it night 1, if it was valid.  I have to be a zombie to use it, and I wasn't a zombie at that time (no comment now).  So I gave him the funny post about Netflix to convey that.  In addition to providing nutrition, it targets a player to learn if they share an alignment with me, and if they don't share an alignment with me they get roleblocked.  It's more powerful than my ability so I promise to use it at whatsoever point I may become a zombie, but I would like to keep my current level of humanness secret so it stays unclear how worthwhile it is to nightkill me.

Everything pops has done lines up with this + consistent good reads on Awaclus and EFHW throughout the game = town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 26, 2020, 03:14:40 am »

So current thoughts:
Town
WCD
Galzria
Pops

Scum
Mafia- datswan
3rd party- archetype

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 26, 2020, 05:46:16 am »

I investigated DatSwan and got not-mafia though

It is pretty clear he's not aligned with the town, but he's also claiming he isn't. 

The way my role is phrased, he could be mafia if he's a godfather, but it's usually not worth it to play around godfather.  Zombie godfather+mafia godfather is weird, too

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 26, 2020, 12:50:38 pm »

If I’m a SK where are my other two kills?

If you believe pops is town, you should believe datswan to be Town. Therefore, thinking he is scum doesn’t make sense. Are you standing by DS being mafia?

Claiming joth lied about the item is the play e did have to make to salvage that claim.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #773 on: January 26, 2020, 01:10:34 pm »

Oh what the heck. Last night, someone gave me a vial of zombie cure. As a night action, I can turn a zombie human. I know this doesn't prove my alignment, but since I am town, I would like to use it before you lynch me. That does mean either someone is going to have to claim zombie or trust me to have strong zombie reads.
If joth is a zombie cop, he should have no reason asking people to claim Zombie. He already knew Glooble was a zombie according to e’s claim and so he shouldn’t need to rely on people claiming to be one.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 26, 2020, 01:28:53 pm »

Vote: 2.7
Lynch all liars I'm sold
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.