Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 82768 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #625 on: January 15, 2020, 08:29:48 am »

k here is some stuff...

First off - Everyone voting Galz is a little silly yes? Galz is skum that got an ability to target night zero (so presumably not a kill). And now it is verfied by WCD that Galz targeted her. Which is verfied by me having a thread open with WCD.

What is the narrative there?
1) Galz is skum that had an ability N0 (unusual)
2) WCD confirms everything Galz says (ok fine, they could be pulling a gambit, except I can verify WCD's ability... so that doesn't make sense).
3) Galz Day 1 votes were only for town players, ok yeah, but Day 1 was a mess. And that happens on Day 1.
4) Galz then, today, decides to essentially lose his ability to vote for his best counter option (Joth) by defending him. So what, it is exactly Galz/Joth/potentially whoever(s)? I just don't see it.

That makes me think the people on Galz are coming off as skummy.

Alright, this makes sense to me. While the vote nullifying seems scummy, the N0 part is less so. I also don’t think Swan would stick his neck this far out on Galz if they are buddies. So, Galzy, if I’m trusting you I need you to swoop in and start solving this game for us.

I’m leaving my vote on Spacey for the time being. This game is weird, but they are playing far differently than usual. Where is the analytical, data based Space we all know and love?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 15, 2020, 11:56:29 am »

That would be [EFHW, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds, popsofctown]

EFHW - Day 1 aside, I like to do isolations on VCA. Day 2 There were 5 players off wagon = [Shraeye, Pops, EFHW, Swan, Arche]. From my pov, that makes me want to look at this group, and then isolates it to [Pops, EFHW, Arche]. So yeah, EFHW is on the list.

Awaclus - On two town wagons. Like Most of us. Nothing to really go on outside of that. Don't see any value in lynching today unless we just get luck.

WCD - Fenced. They could just have the ability they have and be skum, but their overall actions make me lean town!WCD.

Pops - I am just not down with this currently. I have already stated logic on day 1, but essentially I just do not see skum making that day 1 vig play.

So from that list I guess I like EFHW.

VCA aside, I like Arche. Joth is next. I really do not want to lynch outside of that today.

EFHW
Why myself over joth?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 15, 2020, 01:30:06 pm »

I’m leaving my vote on Spacey for the time being. This game is weird, but they are playing far differently than usual. Where is the analytical, data based Space we all know and love?

I was unwell, but also I'm just finding this game really hard to get into.

I think I already mentioned looking at the D1 Galz wagon in my wagon analysis, but it's still really the only data-based argument I have. I guess it's a bit strong D3 than it was D2, but basially, lots of green-coloured people (by which I mean myself, and also LL, Glooble, ADK and Shraeye) voted Galz over D1. At the same time, the only as-yet-uncoloured players to vote Galz are Arch (consistently, including in various four-votes-on-Galz configurations), and then also Swan a little bit early on. That makes it prety likely that one of those three is scum. More likely that it's one of Arch or Galz.

Swan's defence of Galz is mostly that he had a N0 targeting ability, which isn't in itself impossible for scum, especially in such a highly customised setup as faust has made for us here, so I don't think that's a strong reason to assume he's town, unfortunately. The other bit of the defence that feels like it should hold merit seems to be that Galz defended a rival wagon, but all I can see is Galz's post at #567, at which point Galz didn't have a wagon at all, so giving him bonus points for that seems rather iffy. @Swan, did I miss something else from a previous game day that you were referring to what?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 15, 2020, 03:08:46 pm »

Space - not missing anything from other games. While h
Galz wagon was small i would of expected skum to take an easy avenue to push a lynch is all i was saying (wagon size aside)
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 15, 2020, 03:10:35 pm »

EFHW - Day 1 aside, I like to do isolations on VCA. Day 2 There were 5 players off wagon = [Shraeye, Pops, EFHW, Swan, Arche]. From my pov, that makes me want to look at this group, and then isolates it to [Pops, EFHW, Arche]. So yeah, EFHW is on the list.

Awaclus - On two town wagons. Like Most of us. Nothing to really go on outside of that. Don't see any value in lynching today unless we just get luck.

WCD - Fenced. They could just have the ability they have and be skum, but their overall actions make me lean town!WCD.

Pops - I am just not down with this currently. I have already stated logic on day 1, but essentially I just do not see skum making that day 1 vig play.

VCA aside, I like Arche. Joth is next. I really do not want to lynch outside of that today.

EFHW
Why myself over joth?

It is a super small margin, but that reason I’m gonna hold onto for a little bit. Nothing like “result” or anything.
real good. That’s how

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 15, 2020, 07:03:00 pm »

I was unwell, but also I'm just finding this game really hard to get into.

I think I already mentioned looking at the D1 Galz wagon in my wagon analysis, but it's still really the only data-based argument I have. I guess it's a bit strong D3 than it was D2, but basially, lots of green-coloured people (by which I mean myself, and also LL, Glooble, ADK and Shraeye) voted Galz over D1. At the same time, the only as-yet-uncoloured players to vote Galz are Arch (consistently, including in various four-votes-on-Galz configurations), and then also Swan a little bit early on. That makes it prety likely that one of those three is scum. More likely that it's one of Arch or Galz.
This is misleading. I only ever placed one vote ever on Galz and that was during RVS.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 15, 2020, 07:46:13 pm »

I have a number of objections to Swan's reasoning here and I think I'll go through in order of his points and put my responses in the midst of his comments. I just have time to do part of it now.

First off - Everyone voting Galz is a little silly yes? Galz is skum that got an ability to target night zero (so presumably not a kill). And now it is verfied by WCD that Galz targeted him. Which is verfied by me having a thread open with WCD.
The silly comment seems premature, since the new information about Didds had only just come out. But that information doesn't really indicate that either of them are town, anyway, just that the confirmable parts of their stories have been confirmed.

@Galz - are your customers informed of their new status?

I don't see either of their claimed roles as obv!town. I think Didd's role would be great to give to scum. It gives her both opportunities and risks. It's perfect. Galz's role seems OP as either alignment. He suggested that it isn't a given that his targets become customers, but even so it's powerful. So there is very likely more to it and it can go either way in my opinion.

2) WCD confirms everything Galz says (ok fine, they could be pulling a gambit, except I can verify WCD's ability... so that doesn't make sense).
3) Galz Day 1 votes were only for town players, ok yeah, but Day 1 was a mess. And that happens on Day 1.
4) Galz then, today, decides to essentially lose his ability to vote for his best counter option (Joth) by defending him. So what, it is exactly Galz/Joth/potentially whoever(s)? I just don't see it.

EFHW
Quoting for ease of reference.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 15, 2020, 07:46:40 pm »

Sorry, hit post. I'll respond to the rest later. Have to go to a meeting now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 15, 2020, 09:21:23 pm »

@ EFHW:

I have no control over the message, but yes, something informs my customers.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2020, 01:37:46 am »

I agree swan is dumb Galz should die

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2020, 01:41:50 am »

I agree swan is dumb Galz should die

dumb as I may be... why are you on *not* Galz then?
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 16, 2020, 08:01:05 am »

I think he is...or at least was at the last VC

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 16, 2020, 08:02:34 am »

@ EFHW:

I have no control over the message, but yes, something informs my customers.

I wasn’t informed of anything, except that the QT had opened. The next night I got a vague message about the memory of having been sold something.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2020, 12:28:39 pm »

So, the deadline is less than 24 hours away. 

vote: Joth

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 16, 2020, 02:28:44 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

jotheonah (2): Archetype, WestCoastDidds
Galzria (3): EFHW, Awaclus, popsofctown
WestCoastDidds (1): SpaceAnemone

Not Voting (3): DatSwan, jotheonah, Galzria

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on January 17, 2020, 11:00:00 am.

That is in 20.5 hours.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:50:26 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2020, 02:38:55 pm »

I was going to reply, I have but one vote to give... but faust has me voting both joth and Galz.

Uh, in theory he should correct that, in practice if he leaves it that way I'd be happy with it because I don't want a no-lynch

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2020, 02:52:46 pm »

2.71828..... replaces jotheonah!

Deadline is extended by 24 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2020, 07:25:38 pm »

e!!! Welcome! I hope daddydom is treating you well.

Please, please help us get this game going.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2020, 08:12:48 pm »

Hi everyone! I have not been following this game really at all except to see flips at the end of days. I will go ahead and read and give some fresh takes when I get the chance. Should be done by the time the old deadline comes around.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 16, 2020, 09:44:47 pm »

Just realized I didn't post this.

Continuing my commentary:

First off - Everyone voting Galz is a little silly yes? Galz is skum that got an ability to target night zero (so presumably not a kill). And now it is verfied by WCD that Galz targeted him. Which is verfied by me having a thread open with WCD.

1. An N0 scum power is unusual, as Swan says, but having an N0 power is not exculpatory. And we don't have confirmation after all of what Galz's power does, just what he told Didds. It might be easy to test it, though. I don't know if he said if it invalidates the vote when placed or just adds one to the lynch threshold.

2. and 3. These feel like straw horses.

4. I was also surprised to see Galz defend joth, but I have no idea what it means. I don't think it makes it impossible for him to vote joth later if he has a reason.

EFHW

Here I'll just point out that my being off-wagon should not be incriminating. It emerged before I voted that Galz had mistakenly accused Shraeye. I was really surprised to find out Shraeye was the lynch and I'm suspicious of everyone on wagon. I guess you're doing the "scum must not all be on wagon" thing, but I had *reasons* and that logic is going to seriously let us down eventually.

PPE: Hi e! And deadline extension is also handy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2020, 03:58:50 am »

Ok, read the game. I can post more comprehensive thoughts later, but towniest people are Pops and WCD.

Pops because they post most naturally and with what seems to me as a devil-may-care attitude that I don't see that much with scum. Pops is playing the game their style and trying to find scum. It will rub some people the wrong way and attract attention, but town.

Crying baby break
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2020, 04:09:16 am »

Ok, mom has baby now.

Anyway, WCD is just gave townie vibes in all her posts.

That is my PoE for now, I will come back in a bit and try to figure out who I think is the best lynch today

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2020, 10:57:47 am »

WCD is my top townread too.  Unfortunately we need to lynch scum and finding the scum is kind of a crapshoot.  There's even Awaclus who has done nothing but naked vote, how do you read that?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 17, 2020, 11:25:03 am »

WCD is my top townread too.  Unfortunately we need to lynch scum and finding the scum is kind of a crapshoot.  There's even Awaclus who has done nothing but naked vote, how do you read that?

That's just what awaclus does. When I read him sub in and then immediately post about people not sharing reads I laughed because it is quintessential Awaclus.

So he is really a coin flip for me, I have no problem lynching him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 17, 2020, 11:25:39 am »

Can someone compile all the claims that have happened? I was going to and then got busy. If not I will get to it eventually
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.