Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 83201 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #350 on: January 02, 2020, 08:29:27 am »

We may want to try to coordinate tonight's brain eating so we don't get a ton of town Romero deaths -- it's just 2 nights and you're dead, right?

Maybe there's a way to do that without claiming zombie. Like sign-ups 1-5 go for brain X, 6-10 brain Y?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 02, 2020, 09:11:32 am »

Vote: SpaceAnemone

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 02, 2020, 10:53:48 am »

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 02, 2020, 11:09:18 am »

What an active game we have going on. Over 12 hours and nothing.

Pops, anything exciting happen to you last night?
My aunt sent me specialty ice cream for Christmas (it arrived really late), cookies and cream, the same flavor my brother and I both like.  So rather than going out and drinking I decided to watch Netflix and find out how good it is.  I ended up not eating it though because my roommate ordered a pizza so I ate pizza instead, ice cream keeps a lot better in the freezer than pizza and that's more important than how eager I am to find out what it tastes like.  It does mean twice as much guilt.  I will have to eat a stalk of broccoli this weekend.

My roommate and I watched an anime about a goddess who guides a hero in rescuing a world, but it is humorous because he assumes everything is a trap, cautious, and she always wants him to be a more stereotypical hero.

I pretty much never pass up an opportunity to derail a mafia thread but others are probably going to be mad at you for asking about my New Year's when you complained about game pace in the same post.  How'd you spend your New Year's Glooble?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 02, 2020, 11:09:38 am »

We may want to try to coordinate tonight's brain eating so we don't get a ton of town Romero deaths -- it's just 2 nights and you're dead, right?

Maybe there's a way to do that without claiming zombie. Like sign-ups 1-5 go for brain X, 6-10 brain Y?
I'm not sure whether this is optimal but I feel like this is a townpost

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #355 on: January 02, 2020, 12:34:44 pm »

My aunt sent me specialty ice cream for Christmas (it arrived really late), cookies and cream, the same flavor my brother and I both like.  So rather than going out and drinking I decided to watch Netflix and find out how good it is.  I ended up not eating it though because my roommate ordered a pizza so I ate pizza instead, ice cream keeps a lot better in the freezer than pizza and that's more important than how eager I am to find out what it tastes like.  It does mean twice as much guilt.  I will have to eat a stalk of broccoli this weekend.

My roommate and I watched an anime about a goddess who guides a hero in rescuing a world, but it is humorous because he assumes everything is a trap, cautious, and she always wants him to be a more stereotypical hero.

I pretty much never pass up an opportunity to derail a mafia thread but others are probably going to be mad at you for asking about my New Year's when you complained about game pace in the same post.  How'd you spend your New Year's Glooble?

That answers my question I suppose. I went to a very, very, very swanky party and I didn't realize exactly how swanky it would be so I was underdressed. The my brother-in-law showed up even more underdressed and I felt better.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 02, 2020, 03:52:38 pm »

I guess most people are recovering from last night? I had a thought about why it was hard to get a lynch. Zombies might be trying to stay off wagon.

Pps Glooble. I'm not alone!
Why would zombies try to stay off the wagon?
Being off wagon increases chance of winning the brain if other zombies want it too.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 02, 2020, 03:54:04 pm »

It's weird to me that LaLight's brains remain uneaten -- that tells me that all the zombies went for MiX. That could be because of faust's error though. At first people only had one brain to eat and then didn't think to change it. However, it means we may have a lot of starving zombies.
I agree, that is super weird. Maybe there are fewer zombies than we thought?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 02, 2020, 03:55:38 pm »

I could have sworn he meant the mafia night, not new year's eve.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 02, 2020, 07:52:55 pm »

It's weird to me that LaLight's brains remain uneaten -- that tells me that all the zombies went for MiX. That could be because of faust's error though. At first people only had one brain to eat and then didn't think to change it. However, it means we may have a lot of starving zombies.

I take it from this comment and faust's words "was in fact lynched" that the inital flip text said that it was a no-lynch or something? I didn't see the thread when it said anything else. What vote wasn't counted?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 02, 2020, 08:09:21 pm »

Looking at the D1 votes, it's hard to tell whether scum had to lift a finger to ensure a town lynch.

Pops was the first on LL at #119. So far I think Pops just doesn't have the meta or knowledge of the current player base to make good reads.
Pops also doubles done on the LL vote at #196. Again, I thing this is a bad/uninformed reading of LL, and I already argued pre-flip why LL's behaviour seemed townie to me.
Shraeye joins at #278. I suspect he probably doesn't "get" LL in the same way he doesn't get me. So it's quite likely he had a genuine scumread and was behaving along town lines.
Glooble's vote at #301 seems low-effort, and his subsequent post mentions deadline availability, which adds pressure.
Didds at #313 is similar in a blame-it-on-the-deadline way.
Swan at least offers up Joth as an alternative he'd be willing to go to, though I'm not sure how feasible it would have been to test him on that, so perhaps it's a safe thing to say even as scum.
EFHW at #331 is in a similar vein to Didds, and the next post is a VC request, which serves to underline the sense of urgency and lack of information.
Galz at #334 is not too surprising, because he was one of the leading alternatives, and his post timing seems like he was genuinely waiting for a VC. (Which means we really need someone in a US timezone making VCs if faust is setting the deadline to be early morning in Germany, since I can't help out with auto-VCs in the middle of my night either).
ADK hammers at #336, but they've since flipped town.

Of those votes, if there are scum casually slinking on, then I guess Glooble, Didds, and EFHW look the worst.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 02, 2020, 09:10:01 pm »

I take it from this comment and faust's words "was in fact lynched" that the inital flip text said that it was a no-lynch or something? I didn't see the thread when it said anything else. What vote wasn't counted?

Yeah....there was initially a no lynch, but then it was corrected. I don’t know whose vote was missed in that process, though

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #362 on: January 02, 2020, 09:14:22 pm »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Galzria (3): SpaceAnemone, shraeye, LaLight
Glooble (1): Awaclus
LaLight (7): popsofctown, shraeye, Glooble, DatSwan, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, Galzria
A Drowned Kernel (1): jotheonah
jotheonah (2): Archetype, A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (0)

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Space, this was the final vote. It doesn’t match your order. Galz was the hammer, not ADK. Shraeye is listed twice (on LL and Galz) so I’m guessing that was the vote faust missed initially.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2020, 01:13:04 am »

Uffda, that wagon analysis demands a

Vote: SpaceAnemone

It would be more effective if I hadn't already had to vote over their boo/shame post earlier.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2020, 04:11:14 am »

full disclosure - I believe it was me. I was on LL but the final VT had me on Joth. I asked faust if it was a mistake so I could know if my vote was being messed with. Then they changed it and flipped LL.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2020, 04:14:58 am »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

LaLight (7): popsofctown, shraeye, Glooble, DatSwan, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, Galzria

Not Voting (0)

Space, this was the final vote. It doesn’t match your order. Galz was the hammer, not ADK. Shraeye is listed twice (on LL and Galz) so I’m guessing that was the vote faust missed initially.

Shraeye, should of you been on two players or was that a mistake?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2020, 04:20:09 am »

I just got home from holiday and have not had time to dig into this and it is 1am so it will have to wait until tomorrow, but...

1) Space hate is un warranted in my opinion from the vca post. They obviously were running it off of the Final VC prior to the change. It was most likely just an error.

2) The brain eating order probably not the best idea. Basing that off of 2 things:
   a) LL was not eaten last night, which would suggest the demand for brains is lower than what we seem to of been assuming
   b) If we assume "skum" is all zombie, then it would also just give skum the algorithm to ensure they get the brains. Not like 100% but, based on the point system, I assume it could give
       them an upper hand.

happy NY everyone.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 03, 2020, 04:21:51 am »

IDK what to make of the ADK death. I want to say that it makes pops look skummy, but also I guess skum would of done that for WIFOM anyways.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2020, 06:42:22 am »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Not Voting (0)

To create my list I simply viewed the thread and then searched for "vote: L", skipping over the places where the vote was in a quote. Low-tech solution I know, but I haven't actually set up my auto-VC for this game yet because holidays were busy and now work is busy. Same old.

So yeah, my order wasn't specifically intending to reflect the vote count, and I wasn't recording where other people moved off-wagon again. I think the real relevant question is who was actually dropping votes on LL, and what their stated reasoning was/how likely it was they would do that as scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 03, 2020, 06:43:19 am »

In unrelated news, I've just booked two Budapest apartments for my birthday trip later in the year :-o This time I'm taking 10 friends are we're going to do so many escape rooms and hot baths and lots of eating and boardgaming :-)

(For people who aren't Didds, this is kind of relevant because Didds and I met up in Budapest last year and it was awesome!)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 03, 2020, 09:28:10 am »

In unrelated news, I've just booked two Budapest apartments for my birthday trip later in the year :-o This time I'm taking 10 friends are we're going to do so many escape rooms and hot baths and lots of eating and boardgaming :-)

(For people who aren't Didds, this is kind of relevant because Didds and I met up in Budapest last year and it was awesome!)

OMG! OMG! That is so awesome!!! You’ll have to do the Gellert v. Széchenyi bath showdown. And the escape game! I’m so excited for you. When is your birthday???

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 03, 2020, 04:01:51 pm »

It could have been lots and lots of zombies all tried to eat Mix's brain and no one tried to eat LaLight's brain, because they thought LaLight's brain would be the popular one, and they guessed wrong.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 03, 2020, 06:01:25 pm »

I just got home from holiday and have not had time to dig into this and it is 1am so it will have to wait until tomorrow, but...

1) Space hate is un warranted in my opinion from the vca post. They obviously were running it off of the Final VC prior to the change. It was most likely just an error.

2) The brain eating order probably not the best idea. Basing that off of 2 things:
   a) LL was not eaten last night, which would suggest the demand for brains is lower than what we seem to of been assuming
   b) If we assume "skum" is all zombie, then it would also just give skum the algorithm to ensure they get the brains. Not like 100% but, based on the point system, I assume it could give
       them an upper hand.

happy NY everyone.
Why do you think my space hate is because she used the wrong Final Vote??

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 03, 2020, 06:19:21 pm »

Prod avoidance.

I’m at work right now but will read and post tonight before going to bed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 03, 2020, 06:37:20 pm »

Catching up.

Want to get this out there: I’m a Death Miller/miller and share the same alignment as shraeye in investigation and in my death. Faust also said my flip will include my Miller role.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.