Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 83368 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:11 pm »

@pops I'd still like to know if/why you find galz towny

It's easier to remember that I do than why I do, and that gap is much wider on sites without an iso button X.X

You know you can iso people just by viewing the whole thread and then searching for the unique text to the left of their posts, right? Granted, Galz is awkward because there's no shuffle-it username, but there's other unique text there you can use.. I'm deliberately not quoting it here though, since that would partially mess up its utility :-P

Anyway, for someone who seems so plugged into the game, I find it odd that you can't say why Galz isn't a good wagon. Have I missed an alternative that you're pushing?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #301 on: December 28, 2019, 06:32:55 pm »

Vote: LaLight

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #302 on: December 28, 2019, 06:36:47 pm »

I won’t be on at deadline. I will check in in a few hours though to move my vote if necessary.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 28, 2019, 07:09:43 pm »

vote: Galzria to avoid no lynch. I am off to sleep, 3 am here and won't be for deadline.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 28, 2019, 07:09:56 pm »

oh sorry for bold
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 28, 2019, 07:10:09 pm »

With apologies to Awaclus for doing a thing he hates, here's where I am at the moment on the alive players:

SpaceAnemone -- Spaaaaaace :-)
Glooble -- I'm willing to skip voting for Glooble on D1 on the grounds in case something terrible happens. I don't like the new LL vote, though.
WestCoastDidds -- Interacting pretty widely, but she could fake that as scum. Maybe she gets a handful of scum points for a vague scumread on LL on the back of his anti-vig stance that she never managed to back up.
DatSwan -- Only 9 in-game posts, but I can't exactly complain about lurky people. Votes Galz in RVS, but makes a point when unvoting to mention it was still RVS, which seems unnecessary. Most other stuff he says isn't really going anywhere, so he can have a few scumpoints.
MiX -- boom.
LaLight -- Took an unpopular stance re vigging and stood by it. I think that's very LL, but maybe also more town!LL than scum!LL. A couple of townpoints for now.
jotheonah -- Does a lot of theorising early on with numbers and everything :-) I like the attempt, even though I disagree with the no-turning-zombies-to-humans assumption flavour grounds.
EFHW -- She seemed engaged early on, then got nullish and VLA-ish, but still also voted me for lurking. She can have a handful of null points for now.
A Drowned Kernel -- A high poster, though I've not actually set up my vote/post counter for this game yet to check on this. Came out against Pops after the vig shot, then kind of hedges. Other than that, asks a lot of good questions.
Awaclus -- Null on both the Raerae and Awaclus isos. The latter is pretty standard, though.
Archetype -- Only 10 game posts, including at least one that seems a bit disengaged. Meh.
popsofctown -- Shot MiX. So that's a thing. She's clearly a strong player, so I'm going to be suspicious. D1 pass for being new and interesting and not clearly definitely scum yet.
shraeye -- I think we often disagree, so his behaviour towards me ~#268-269 isn't so surprising. I don't think LL has done anything really vote-worthy, so that's something I disagree on. He can have a couple of omgusy scumpoints.
Galzria -- Only 12 game posts? That's oddly low, especially since the first 4 are fluff. Then there's some schooly stuff, though I guess calling ADKon their hedging with Pops is quite valid. The buddying of shraeye at #209 was the thing that pinged my scumdar. The rest is all null, though the "I will be able to post more tomorrow" post from 4 days ago is his most recent content.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 28, 2019, 07:13:54 pm »

So my scumpoints go to WCD, Swan and Shraeye, none of whom are useful wagons just now, and to Galz, who's winning the voting..

I'm torn between moving to open up the options those of you in more westerly timezones will have to play with up till deadline, and staying put so as not to hurt our chances of achieving a lynch.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #307 on: December 28, 2019, 07:32:46 pm »

Why didn’t you like the LaLight vote?

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #308 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:19 pm »

I mostly just wanted to put my someplace to give the people who will be on at deadline options, like you said. And I found LaLight a little scummier than ADK.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2019, 08:42:42 pm »

I don’t know much, but I know I don’t care for the Galzria wagon.

Vote: ADK

What don't you like about it?

I don't like anything about it. It seems random, based on nothing. Galz is a strong late game player. Let's not sacrifice him on a hunch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2019, 08:43:41 pm »

Anyway, for someone who seems so plugged into the game, I find it odd that you can't say why Galz isn't a good wagon. Have I missed an alternative that you're pushing?

This thing where the burden of proof is apparently on those of us who DON'T like the wagon is pretty novel.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2019, 08:49:32 pm »

So my scumpoints go to WCD, Swan and Shraeye, none of whom are useful wagons just now, and to Galz, who's winning the voting..

I'm torn between moving to open up the options those of you in more westerly timezones will have to play with up till deadline, and staying put so as not to hurt our chances of achieving a lynch.

I fully admit to being way distracted and disengaged this week. I’d like to believe that I will be in better shape next week. I was completely without internet for 4 of the last 5 days and with big groups of family otherwise.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2019, 09:07:14 pm »

I explained why I think Galzria is probtown in 280#.

Honestly, this game's activity is bad, like bad bad, and scum win lirky games.  I still think adk is scummier than rand but wouldn't lynch him at this juncture for that reason.  A player who lurks but has been scummy in what little posting they've made is often an ideal day one lynch.
That makes Galzria lynch extra disappointing but if I project this game's past activity forward I think it might be the only viable wagon. He might even need to be claiming here.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2019, 09:10:33 pm »

I don’t want to go to bed without voting but I don’t feel like any of the choices of viable folks are very good. If it’s between LL and Galz, I’ll vote but without much enthusiasm.

vote: LaLight

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 28, 2019, 09:28:39 pm »

Been out of town for two days. Been trying to keep up but hard. Catching up and cooking dinner now.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 28, 2019, 09:55:10 pm »

Reread the thread. I think pops and I disagree on a theory level but also don't know if their initial reasoning of wanting to get the shot off before scum manipulation makes sense. Even if that did happen (being blocked, killed, etc.), pops should take that as an indication that they're correct about MiX. So I think that there is something more going on that what they're putting forward, but I don't know if that immediately makes them scum.

My galz vote was RVS and I don't quite get the wagon on him. Glooble I am fine not lynching today because of his insistence to not be. LaLight I odo find towny because I think his reaction surrounding the daykill is somewhat justified with how it played out.

I think I will end up putting down a vote: joth. I think they early number things were interested but seemed a bit too much of an attempt to drum up content. I also expected him to have more commentary about the pops situation given he was in a similiar-ish one last game, but gave up voting for him pretty quickly.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 28, 2019, 10:02:09 pm »

Been out of town for two days. Been trying to keep up but hard. Catching up and cooking dinner now.

This for us both. I’m about 25 “reading” posts behind (catching up now), and Swan & I don’t actually get back home until the 30th.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 28, 2019, 10:06:20 pm »

For some months now, violent crime has been on decline in Seattle. What seems like a happy occasion is causing trouble in the police department's morgue. Without homicides comig in Liv has resorted to older bodies of victims for her brain supplies. And now, even most of these are already brainless. The prospect of having to find new ways to satisfy her hunger is looming as part of Liv hopes for some killings.

Day 1 begins!

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting (14): SpaceAnemone, Glooble, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan, MiX, LaLight, jotheonah, EFHW, A Drowned Kernel, raerae, Archetype, popsofctown, shraeye, Galzria

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends on December 29, 2019, 02:30:00 am.

Ah. Deadline.

Well. I don’t know what the most up to date VC is at on me (or anyone else).

Claiming...

I’m not going to regardless. There IS another player in the game that knows my role, so if I’m lynched here they can still fill people in on missing information.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 28, 2019, 10:10:23 pm »

I’ll vote LL to save myself, obviously.

I think I prefer vote: Joth to LL (or Glooble) here.

Mafia Record:

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 28, 2019, 10:16:38 pm »

How do I search the topic?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2019, 10:25:16 pm »

No super easy way. Usually -All- pages & then Find on page, and then search by iT Username.

Mafia Record:

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2019, 10:29:12 pm »

vote: Space,  lurking.

Apologies for being AWOL! Thank you for not sending an actual prod over the festive period :-) I threw myself into lots of family stuff for the past 48 hours in compensation for having to spend the first bit of my family visit so wrapped up with urgent last-min work. My next 48 hours are mostly going to be spent in transit and visiting extended family, but I should have decent evening connectivity.

Not currently tempted to do an omgus-vote back again. I actually had to go looking for the last VC to check who I'm voting for. I don't hate being on Galz, so that will do for now. Tomorrow I should try to check to see whether I have an unfair anti-Galz suspicion or something. Right now it's sleep time though.
Why does it matter who you were voting for? Are you actually suspicious of Galz? What would make that suspicion unfair (like, what are you even 'checking' for)??

It matters who I am voting for now, given that the day is moving on. That comes from who I was voting for.

Yes, minorly suspicious of Gala for the way he seemed to be budding you.

Checking for any personal biases I might have from playing with Galz previously that might unduly colour my read of him this game. Not something I felt awake enough for last night.

Now I'm stuck in the back of a car and my phone screen is tiny so probably not going to get much reading or thinking done till tonight my time.
I don't see how Galz agreeing with me is suspicious at all.  I really don't understand people getting scumread from this supposed buddying

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2019, 10:29:34 pm »

No super easy way. Usually -All- pages & then Find on page, and then search by iT Username.
Yeah, it ain't great

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2019, 10:32:18 pm »

I’ll vote LL to save myself, obviously.

I think I prefer vote: Joth to LL (or Glooble) here.

What's joth's count at? I'm always down for a joth lynch, especially lurker!joth, which I think is more likely to indicate that he's scum
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2019, 10:32:51 pm »

vote: Galzria to avoid no lynch. I am off to sleep, 3 am here and won't be for deadline.

@mod was this counted as a vote?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.