Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33  All

Author Topic: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Game over, Town and Fillmore-Graves win)  (Read 82781 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2019, 07:28:58 am »

vote: MiX

Always a strong opener.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2019, 08:11:42 am »

Hi all! I’ll be around the next 5 hours or so, then more or less out for the whole weekend.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2019, 09:19:42 am »

vote: galz just for his scum performance in bad idea
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2019, 09:24:13 am »

Hi all! I’ll be around the next 5 hours or so, then more or less out for the whole weekend.

Are you doing some fun and exciting, or work??
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2019, 09:34:09 am »

vote: Glooble. MiX is clearly town here. And I want to work at a jigsaw puzzle company!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2019, 09:34:44 am »

Hi everyone again!

vote: Galz for the Bad Idea as well
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2019, 09:39:14 am »

Are you doing some fun and exciting, or work??

My wife is turning 30 and wanted to do something big, so we are renting a house in Rhode Island for the weekend with some of her friends.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2019, 09:40:21 am »

vote: galz just for his scum performance in bad idea

That's actually reason enough to never lynch him in my book. He deserves a scum win after that.

vote: Glooble. MiX is clearly town here. And I want to work at a jigsaw puzzle company!

Vote: EFHW, stop trying to emulate your scum meta.

Hi everyone again!

vote: Galz for the Bad Idea as well

Scum!LL does this more than town!LL but isn't exactly someone I want to lynch this early.

RVS talk aside, do we really lose anything from claiming who's human and who's zombie? There's probably some abilities that turn humans into zombies, or vice-versa, and hiding when those changes happen might be good, but I can't tell how bad it is if we all just claimed our initial status. What does everyone else think?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2019, 09:45:51 am »

RVS talk aside, do we really lose anything from claiming who's human and who's zombie? There's probably some abilities that turn humans into zombies, or vice-versa, and hiding when those changes happen might be good, but I can't tell how bad it is if we all just claimed our initial status. What does everyone else think?

Scum wants to stop town zombies from successfully eating brains. That nets them extra kills. We should be careful not to give them any information that might help them accoplish that goal. For now, claiming zombie status feels too risky.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2019, 09:50:39 am »

Scum wants to stop town zombies from successfully eating brains. That nets them extra kills. We should be careful not to give them any information that might help them accoplish that goal. For now, claiming zombie status feels too risky.

There's most likely town PRs that want to know who's who too...

Also, does anyone know the flavor? For those who do, how many initial zombies would you expect for town? What about for scum?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2019, 10:02:59 am »

From what I can tell, the biggest benefit from zombies claiming would be allowing them to coordinate brain eating to minimize the chance of starving. Whether or not that outweighs the drawbacks of revealing themselves to scum seems kind of unknowable
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2019, 10:09:13 am »

Scum!LL does this more than town!LL but isn't exactly someone I want to lynch this early.

Do what exactly? Write posts?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2019, 10:16:39 am »

Do what exactly? Write posts?

Join a wagon this soon. I'm probably wrong...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2019, 10:19:01 am »

I was thinking this too. Doesn't the main character of the show solve crimes by eating brains? So she might need to know who zombies and humans are to be an effective cop.

But also, it's a faust setup. He's usually pretty good at thinking through and making mass claims punishing for town.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2019, 10:28:29 am »

We could also talk generally about brain-eating strategy. I mean, at the end of the day there will be one lynch. Should all zombies try to eat that brain? Should zombies flip a coin and go 50/50 between eating that brain and trying to predict the scum kill and targeting that brain for eating? If we all go for the town lynch brain, than any potential scum zombies would get to eat the nightkill victim's brain unopposed. And that means even fewer brains for town subsequent nights.

Honestly there can't be too many zombies at least to start, because the math is not great. Every zombie has to eat a brain every other night, each zombie can only eat one brain, and there's only going to be 2 new brains generated every day/night cycle (most likely). So mathematically, there's a maximum number of zombies the game can support without some number being guaranteed to Romero.

How can we work this out? If every zombie has to eat every other night, than each zombie needs 1/2 brain per day/night cycle. The game is making 2 brains per day/night cycle. Therefore, a sustainable number of zombies would be 4. That means that <=4 zombies is uninteresting -- they can all get along. Although, zombies can also eat brains they don't need to deprive other zombies of brains, so 4 or less isn't a guarantee of everyone eating well.

Also, zombies can only eat human brains! So the expected number of brains per night also needs to be modified by the chance that the kill was not a zombie. And we don't know that unless we know the thing we're trying to figure out, the number of zombies. The more zombies there are, the fewer brains there are to go around.

Considering all of this, and assuming there aren't mechanics that turn humans into zombies, I'm betting we have 4 or 5 zombies. Any more would make the competition for brains too fierce; less would make it too easy.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2019, 10:31:26 am »

Considering all of this, and assuming there aren't mechanics that turn humans into zombies, I'm betting we have 4 or 5 zombies. Any more would make the competition for brains too fierce; less would make it too easy.

Why would you assume that though?

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2019, 10:32:30 am »

Isn't turning humans into zombies kinda the MO of zombies in most zombie fiction? I'd be very surprised if this came contained no way of turning a human into a zombie.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2019, 10:35:16 am »

Why would you assume that though?

Surely there's a flavor reason for this? Without knowing the flavor I expect a lot of changes, but maybe that doesn't happen in the show?

Isn't turning humans into zombies kinda the MO of zombies in most zombie fiction? I'd be very surprised if this came contained no way of turning a human into a zombie.

And I think the setup would be improved by the reverse transformation, probably less common but still. Mostly because, as joth said, too many zombies means everyone goes Romero.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2019, 10:35:41 am »

Also why would you think there will be only one nightkill?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2019, 10:44:17 am »

If someone mathier than me wants to express this as formulae, that would be cool but not necessarily helpful per se.

Something like, let z = number of zombies and b = available brains per night

b = 2(1-z/14) would represent that expected brains per night is 2 times the chance that any given brain is human

z = 2b + 1  would represent the assumption that the number of zombies is the number that the available brain supply would support plus 1

So then we can substitute one equation into the other:

z = 2(2(1-z/14)) + 1
z = 4(1-z/14) + 1
z = 4 - 4z/14 + 1
z =  5 - 2z/7
z +  2z/7 = 5
7z + 2z = 35
9z = 35
z = 35/9 or just under 4.

Also I checked it with a calculator. So math plus a bunch of ad hoc assumptions says 4 zombies.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2019, 10:45:18 am »

Someone who watches the show could weigh in. I assumed no cult mechanic because I figured faust would have mentioned such a thing in the "how zombies  work"  post and he didn't.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2019, 10:46:47 am »

are shraeye and raerae in this game? I recently promised them I'd never do math again after it lost me a blitz game on Jim's site.

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: iZombie Mafia (Signups open)
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2019, 10:47:16 am »

The win condition for mafia is this:
You win when, at the start of a Day, a majority of living players is aligned with your factions, or nothing can stop that from happening.

Also this caught my eye. "Factions"

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2019, 10:47:53 am »

You win when, at the start of a Day, a majority of living players is aligned with your factions, or nothing can stop that from happening.

joth, how does the flavor explain this?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2019, 10:49:42 am »

joth, how does the flavor explain this?

I don't know anything about flavor! Never seen the show.

He/him
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 20 queries.