Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 35663 times)

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Frequently Asked Questions
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:45 pm »
+29

There is a community effort going on to develop a Dominion Strategy Wiki site. The Wiki provides a better source of information than this FAQ ever could, so from this point on the FAQ will work towards linking you to the relevant Wiki pages as the content is filled in. For Goko specific inquiries, this thread might be the most useful.

The Basics
Going Deeper
Older Stuff
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:37:12 am by greatexpectations »
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

greatexpectations

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: Frequently Asked Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:39:01 am »
+7

Goko Release and Isotropic Closure FAQ
Goko
  • Where can I find information on how much Goko costs? What is the cheapest way to purchase all of the sets using Gokoins?
  • Goko currently doesn't have X and Y features that I would like to see. Are there any fixes for that? Where can I find information on future features of Goko?
    • Consider trying out the Goko Dominion Salvager to improve your Goko experience. It is a browser extension designed by forum members which adds features which Goko has not yet implemented. For now, some more information about potential Goko updates can be found in the Future Features subheading on the Goko wiki entry.
  • I don't like X and Y about Goko.
    • You are almost certainly not the first person to raise these complaints. A list of common complaints can be found
      here. Consider searching for a relevant thread in the Goko subforum to post in before creating a new thread with your issues.
  • I don't want to have to pay for the expansions on Goko when I already own physical copies. Can I get a discount?
    • As of right now, there is no discount available for those owning the physical copies of the game. Views on this issue are quite divided, with some feeling they should not have to pay twice and some seeing no issue with it. Users are free to vote with their dollar and to make their feelings on the subject known, but please be respectful and honest in your discussions on the subject.
  • How can i register a comment or complaint with Goko?
    • Goko employees do not browse this forum on a regular basis. If you would like to have one of your concerns addressed your best bet is to head over to their Get Satisfaction site.
  • Will Goko ever implement fan expansions?
    • Donald X has emphatically stated that fan created expansions will not appear on Goko without his approval and that he would likely not give that approval.
  • I am not satisfied with Goko. Why did Donald X. sell Goko the rights to Dominion?
    • Donald X. did not sell any rights to anyone. He is currently leasing Dominion to Rio Grande Games. In turn, RGG has leased the rights of the online version to Goko. The contract is currently believed to be short term for something in the range of 3-5 years.
Isotropic
  • What is/was Isotropic? Why is it shutting down? Where can I find more information?
  • Can we somehow get the source code from Isotropic?
    • dougz responded to this question in a (now removed) Closure FAQ he posted on his site. The short version is that he is not going to make the code available at this time.
  • Will Isotropic Innovation remain up or will it also be shut down?
    • Innovation should remain online. Dominion is only being shut down due to the official release of Goko.
  • How can I thank dougz for creating and hosting Isotropic?
  • Will Isotropic game logs remain available after Dominion is shut down?
    • Yes, dougz has stated that he will leave existing logs up. Please note that he is free to change his mind on the matter at any point, so if you have interest in the logs you should act on that.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:10:26 am by greatexpectations »
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.