Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is Starting To Buy Curses to 3-Pile with double Goons Considered Rude?  (Read 1947 times)

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/16/game-20120316-153624-d8310449.html

I had quite a few chances to start going for this but didn't until now when I went "you know what? I'm gonna 3 pile with curses!" My plan was 3 piling curses/villages/schemes/hamlets(whichever 3 emptied first). My opponent immediatelly resigned and left without even a gg. I wondered if he considered what I did rude.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games

My guess is that he was more shaken by you getting a second Double Goons turn than buying the Curses.  Buying the Curses out is occasionally a good strategy (though it's possible he didn't know).
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

PerdHapley

• Thief
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
+1

I wouldn't consider it rude at all - If anything I think your opponent immediately resigning without saying anything is the rude thing. It's not as if you're showboating or delaying the game's outcome or something, you're just forcing a quick ending, which I would actually consider clever and courteous in a Goons game; much better to try to end with a win quickly than drag it out buying coppers.

Guy Srinivasan

• Salvager
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile

And I would say that if forcing a quick ending can be clever and courteous, calling it rude when your opponent immediately resigns without saying anything may be a bit... well... resigning sounds fine to me!

PerdHapley

• Thief
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile

And I would say that if forcing a quick ending can be clever and courteous, calling it rude when your opponent immediately resigns without saying anything may be a bit... well... resigning sounds fine to me!

Oh, I think resigning is a perfectly fine move, and I would probably have done it at the same time as the OP's opponent in this game, but I also think it's at least worth acknowledging in some way... there wouldn't be any of this kind of confusion if the resign came with even a quick "gg".
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.