Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: So many options...  (Read 2117 times)

dmazzucco

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
So many options...
« on: October 02, 2019, 12:55:08 pm »

On this board:
Crossroads
Experiment
Urchin
Bischop
Fortress
Garden
Remodel
Bazaar
Bridge Troll
King's Court

Inheritance
Keep

I was playing Lord Rattington, which wasn't so interesting. However, I'm curious, in a game against a real person, what would be the right approach?

I would think you open urchin/urchin to get to mercenary, or maybe experiment/silver and hope for 7 to inherit something, but after that, it's less clear to me what you want to do.

Bishop/fortress can score infinite points, but bridge troll megaturn seems like it can overcome that with a quicker province-emptying, especially since you can use experiments for draw.

Also, is there a value in inheriting here? and, if so, what do you inherit? Experiments? Fortresses?

Against the rat, I inherited King's Courts, but if you can do that, you can probably empty provinces that same turn.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: So many options...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 04:32:39 pm »
+1

I think you open Urchin/Urchin, Mercenary is very powerful and is a 90% of the time thing, and while this board is very powerful it's not powerful in a way that disincentivizes Mercenary.  It incentivizes it, if anything.

I think you ignore Bishop/Fortress because Province megaturn is much faster.  And I think you don't ever inherit here, it could have been a King's Court, and Mercenary should have trashed your starting Estates.

The most interesting thing for me to ponder is whether buying Bridge Trolls beyond how many you need for yourself, to cut them off, pays off or not.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
Re: So many options...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:02:08 pm »
+2

Open Urchins; there's no better trasher and the attack will hurt. I think you basically are trying to set up a lot of Bridge Trolls, so you'll get Fortresses, Experiments, and ideally a couple King's Courts along the way. Maybe a Remodel once you have Fortress so you can straight gain Bridge Trolls or whatever.

Bishop / Fortress is here, but it's much weaker with a discard attack and you need KC or Experiment for the draw to make up for that, so I don't see it being much of a factor.

I wouldn't really go out of my way for Inheritance but if I spiked it I would consider Inheriting Fortress.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.994 seconds with 20 queries.