Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another Duration-Reaction-Attack  (Read 2035 times)

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
  • I have no +Buys :(
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
Another Duration-Reaction-Attack
« on: October 01, 2019, 07:18:09 pm »

I know, I know, every forum user and his blue dog has been trying to make an Attack played when it's not your turn, and a Reaction that attacks. Well, here's my attempt.

Enchanter
$4
Action-Attack-Duration-Reaction
+1 Card
At the start of your next turn, +1 Action, + $1.
Each other player may reveal a Pig from their hand. If they don't, they exchange a card from their hand for a Pig.
-
When another player plays an Attack card, you may first play this from your hand.

Pig
$0*
Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
(This is not in the Supply.)

Basically, poof, a card in your opponents hand is now a pig. Magic!

To clarify: The exchanged Pig goes to the players' hand.
The Pig-moating is so that five Reacted Enchanters don't nuke the Attacker's hand.
If there are no Pigs left, no exchanging happens.
The other players choose which card to exchange.
Since this Attack card is 'played' during your opponents turn, other players can Moat themselves from the Reaction as well as playing it normally. Same with Lighthouse, Champion, etc.

Thoughts?
Counting House is the best card in the game. Change my mind.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
Re: Another Duration-Reaction-Attack
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 08:13:51 pm »

Exchanging an estate, curse, ruins, and usually copper for a pig would actually be helpful. So this will usually help your opponents not hurt them.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 08:23:59 pm »
+1

For the images, you're just linking to the webpage for the card, not the image of the card, so that method doesn't work. In order to get a working image, you have to click on the "Download Card" button and then upload the image to a image-hosting site like imgur.

To clarify: The exchanged Pig goes to the players' hand.

Not as worded, it doesn't. When you exchange an X for a Y, the Y, by default, goes into your discard pile, regardless of where the X was. Enchanter needs to specify that Pig goes into their hands.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:32:07 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 06:04:31 am »

Ok, thanks. I was wondering how to upload images. How about this:

Enchanter
$4 (3?)
+1 Card
At the start of your next turn, +1 Action, +$1
Each other player may reveal a Pig from their hand. If they don't, they exchange an Action card from their hand for a Pig, putting it into their hand (or reveals a hand with no Action cards).
-------
When another player plays an Attack card, you may first play this from your hand.

Pig stays the same.

I think making it target Action cards makes it somewhat alleviate the problem of getting rid of Coppers/Estates etc. It still works with Ruins, but you need a Looter to show up as well as this card, so it's rarer. It also fits thematically with Enchantress, which turns the first Action card played into a cantrip, which is also what Enchanter kinda does.

I'll try doing the image thing later.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 07:16:36 am »

just have them discard the action (see Villain for wording); otherwise you're going to hit someone's trusty steed / princess / followers w that and its gonna be a real feelsbad moment. as a bonus, they don't need to show a pig first - they can just discard the pig.

the vanilla looks ok but if you're gonna drop the price to $3, i'd get rid of the +Action.

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 07:57:49 am »

just have them discard the action (see Villain for wording); otherwise you're going to hit someone's trusty steed / princess / followers w that and its gonna be a real feelsbad moment.

Wait, but with followers/princess/trusty steed, you can't return then to the Supply to exchange them, so it doesn't work. Although I do get your point, it can hit a really good action, like King's Court or something, I want to keep the exchanging. Maybe there is a way to fix it and keep the exchanging, I could keep trying.

as a bonus, they don't need to show a pig first - they can just discard the pig.

How does the discarding work? The later wording means that the exchanged card goes to hand, so it does nothing in that scenario.

the vanilla looks ok but if you're gonna drop the price to $3, i'd get rid of the +Action.

Ok, keeping it at $4 looks fine. I tried to make it similar to Caravan Guard except the Action comes next turn, avoiding all the confusion. Does make it terminal on-play though...

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 09:02:20 am »
+1

just have them discard the action (see Villain for wording); otherwise you're going to hit someone's trusty steed / princess / followers w that and its gonna be a real feelsbad moment.

Wait, but with followers/princess/trusty steed, you can't return then to the Supply to exchange them, so it doesn't work. Although I do get your point, it can hit a really good action, like King's Court or something, I want to keep the exchanging. Maybe there is a way to fix it and keep the exchanging, I could keep trying.

as a bonus, they don't need to show a pig first - they can just discard the pig.

How does the discarding work? The later wording means that the exchanged card goes to hand, so it does nothing in that scenario.
"Each player with 5 or more cards in hand discards an Action (or reveals they can't) and gains a pig to their hand". no need to discard a pig - a competent player would discard the pig anyway.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 01:29:32 pm »
+1

It does work on the prizes. Exchanging an X for a Y only requires that both X and Y have piles to return to, they don't need to be in the Supply. And Prizes do have a pile to return to, just refer to Tournament's wording.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

mad4math

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: madd4math
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 03:29:49 pm »
+1

You can just get rid of the "each player may reveal a pig from their hand." Even in the exchanging wording, I'm pretty sure you can just exchange a pig for a pig.

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 05:59:40 pm »
+1

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. I can get rid of that clause so that the card doesn't have a wall of text anymore.

Enchanter
$4
+1 Card
At the start of your next turn, +1 Action, +$1.
Each other player exchanges an Action card from their hand for a Pig (or reveals a hand with no Action cards).

Looks much cleaner.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 09:24:50 am »
+1

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that. I can get rid of that clause so that the card doesn't have a wall of text anymore.

Enchanter
$4
+1 Card
At the start of your next turn, +1 Action, +$1.
Each other player exchanges an Action card from their hand for a Pig (or reveals a hand with no Action cards).

Looks much cleaner.

I would go with "or reveals that they can't", because it's possible that they have an action card in their hand but can't do the exchange anyway (if their only action card came from Black Market, for example).
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 08:32:01 pm »

True, 'reveals they can't' is better, didn't quite think about Black Market and the Prizes. Probably because I don't own those cards yet.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.