Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Slowest trashing kingdom  (Read 3117 times)

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +319
    • View Profile
Slowest trashing kingdom
« on: September 24, 2019, 07:20:10 pm »
+4

This is a space to consider some solitaire Kingdoms where it is possible to trash your whole deck, but only very slowwwwwly over numerous turns. Even with shuffle luck and play that would seem to enable a frantic pace, this kingdom takes its time.  We are looking for a kingdom that forces us to take our time, against our own instinct.

For example, a kingdom with Raze.  If you open Raze, Raze, and draw both Razes with 2 Estates on Turn 3, you could trash both Estates, cycle through the deck to draw both Razes again on Turn 4, and trash your whole deck by Turn 8 or so.

Could we slow that down at all?  Adding Tax doesn't seem to help.  Adding Shelters might but they are only included at random as long as there is one card not in Dark Ages, so, with shuffle luck working against us, we can't guarantee Shelters.  Maybe having Raze in the kingdom simply makes it too fast.  Or maybe 8 turns the slowest trashing we can get.

This is a puzzle, but also a meditation space.

Go at your own pace. There are no correct answers here. Enlightenment is not a competition.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 09:31:22 pm by dghunter79 »

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
Re: Slowest trashing kingdom
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:53:27 pm »
+3

trader + death cart seems pretty slow.

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 12:12:09 am »
+4

What about a kingdom with a card that gives boons (like Bard), so Flame's gift would be the only trashing? The one problem with this is Swamp's Gift and the Mountain's Gift giving you cards. If you let luck factor in, this still kind of works with something like Watchtower in the kingdom (if you luckily have Watchtower each time you gain a silver or wisp from the boons). Add in death cart so that you can trash all your actions when you're done with them.

trader + death cart seems pretty slow.

This is a great solution, too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:14:11 am by Wizard_Amul »

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 05:47:30 pm »

How does trader get rid of estates?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 06:02:15 pm »

By draining the silver pile. Yes, it’s going to take a while.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 06:07:44 pm »
+1

There is also no need for watchtower in the bard kingdom. Just bard + death cart works.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 10:03:38 pm »
+2

There is also no need for watchtower in the bard kingdom. Just bard + death cart works.

Mathing it out:

-open Bard/nothing (2 turns)
-play Bard t3 and get the Sun's gift (to trigger a reshuffle) and buy another Bard
-every turn thereafter, perfect shuffle luck lets you play Bard every turn, and twice on turns you get the field's gift
-this lets you trash one card every 11 turns, and the first thirty such cycles you're forced to gain a silver as well (you also get 12 will-o-the-wisps)
-you have 50 non-action cards you need to trash (40 silvers plus 10 starting cards) so you need 49 cycles plus one turn (perfect shuffle luck means you get the flame's gift at the top of the last cycle), so that's 49*11+1=540 turns
-sometime before that you buy a death cart, you use the death cart to trash one will-o-the-wisp per turn, then your two bards, then itself, so that's another 15 turns

So even with perfect shuffle luck, it takes 2+540+15=557 turns to get to an empty deck
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 10:44:36 pm »
+6

>black market has graverobber, cursed village, nothing else
>repeatedly trash cursed village, gain it back
>slowly trash your deck with hexes

alternative:
- play mine a hundred times
- drain the copper + silver pile
- can finally trash coppers

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 10:20:26 pm »

I think I thought of something even slower for the "trash that 1 action card you used to trash everything else", maybe (?), compared to the Death Cart thing.
Put Improve in the Black Market deck.
You must improve whatever card you used to trash all the things into Harvest, into Hireling, then into.. actually we have to stop there, all 3 7$ actions are too helpful.  So Improve trashes the Hireling.

How Improve itself gets out of the picture depends.  If we use Bard, then I can say, Mining Village is in the kingdom and doesn't cost enough for Bard to get to it, but Improve gets to it.  If we use a different card that does not have +coins, I have a clever trick, put "+coins action = treasure" project in the kingdom and trash Improve by buying Mint from the Black Market.  How do we get rid of the Mint?  You're asking a question out of scope!  The challenge said, trash all cards from your deck, not stay deckless for three turns, and during the moment the buy trigger has resolved but before the Mint is gained, all cards are trashed!

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +319
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:02:12 pm »

I've been thinking about a Transmogrify deck that changes coppers into Ruined Markets, and then trashes the Ruins into Poor Houses, etc, with Overlord as Procession and then Overlord as Mining Village... not sure if it would work, but pure zen...

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 07:06:43 pm »

Hmm:

Develop, Poor House, Treasure Map, Encampment

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 07:55:24 pm »

I've been thinking about a Transmogrify deck that changes coppers into Ruined Markets, and then trashes the Ruins into Poor Houses, etc, with Overlord as Procession and then Overlord as Mining Village... not sure if it would work, but pure zen...
You'd at least avoid the pileout problem most of these ideas / solutions have.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2019, 07:35:30 pm »

Overlord as Mining Village can no longer trash itself.
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 12:55:27 pm »

Ambassador + Watchtower? Return your cards and then trash them when other people try to give them back to you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.