Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Next expansion possible and when?  (Read 4464 times)

Nakamura

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Nakamura
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Next expansion possible and when?
« on: September 01, 2019, 05:43:40 pm »

Does anyone know anything about a next release? Is it possible this year?

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
Re: Next expansion possible and when?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 05:45:49 pm »
+2

There's no expansion this year, though there were two promos.

There will probably be an expansion in 2020, probably earlier rather than later.

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 12:32:34 pm »

Please, my poor storage solution.

Sparafucile

• Thief
  • Respect: +153
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:38:22 pm »
+2

That’s why I’m hoping the next Dominion addition is a mini pack of landmarks, events and projects.   Lots of new interactions without overflowing my storage solution.   Lol

ShoopOopADoo

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 10:38:27 am »

That’s why I’m hoping the next Dominion addition is a mini pack of landmarks, events and projects.   Lots of new interactions without overflowing my storage solution.   Lol

I've actually been wanting something like this, instead of a new full expansion, I think it would be cool to have a number of "booster" packs for existing expansions. For example:
  • A Nocturne booster with some new Night Cards, Heirlooms, Boons, and Hexes. 
  • A Renaissance booster with some new Projects
  • An Adventures booster with some new Reserve cards
That's sort of the problem with adding new mechanics in an expansion is that you don't necessarily see those mechanics show up in later expansions unless they're present in bulk, so I think it would be cool to have the booster packs. Perhaps as a bonus there could be an expansion made up of the boosters.

Sadly, whatever the case, I'm going to need another storage box whenever the next expansion comes out >_< I'll be up to three boxes (using the nice wood ones from Broken Token).

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 06:03:45 pm »

Not everyone implements their own storage solution. I leave the cards in their boxes, and I know I'm not alone in that.

An obvious difficulty with "boosters" is how to package them so that they're easy to use. Base cards and the second edition upgrade packs work around that by expecting that you slot them into your existing base game / Intrigue boxes in place of old cards. I can't see them putting time and money into designing a box for a quarter-size expansion when they've already taken the decision to merge two of the three half-size expansions into a single full-size box!

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 10:28:10 am »
+2

From what I recall of previous conversations, the problem with a "booster" expansion is that the audience is too small. You need to own the base game (or the Base Cards product) and whatever expansion is being added to. There might be a sizable audience for that, but by definition there will be a larger potential audience for a regular expansion.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 02:23:41 am »
+2

Speaking of boosters, I'd be up for an "expansion" that was just 8-15 Events/Landmarks/Projects in a foil pack.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 07:58:59 am »

Not everyone implements their own storage solution. I leave the cards in their boxes, and I know I'm not alone in that.

An obvious difficulty with "boosters" is how to package them so that they're easy to use. Base cards and the second edition upgrade packs work around that by expecting that you slot them into your existing base game / Intrigue boxes in place of old cards. I can't see them putting time and money into designing a box for a quarter-size expansion when they've already taken the decision to merge two of the three half-size expansions into a single full-size box!

I put in whatever I can into my hobby lobby box. It became heavy enough for the handle to break. Already I have a few expansions I left in their boxes, and any new expansions I get will be left in their boxes too.

It's just as well. You can simply carry a couple of expansion boxes with you when you go to teach people Dominion and then it might feel less intimidating for them.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 12:58:33 pm »

I put in whatever I can into my hobby lobby box. It became heavy enough for the handle to break. Already I have a few expansions I left in their boxes, and any new expansions I get will be left in their boxes too.

It's just as well. You can simply carry a couple of expansion boxes with you when you go to teach people Dominion and then it might feel less intimidating for them.

I've moved to two Hobby Lobby cases. I wouldn't have bought a second one just for this (because of reasons) but I happened to have another one I had been using for other things. Now I've got everything pre-Empires in one, and the rest in the other. I still appreciate how much more compact they are. And it means I can use the original boxes as gift boxes.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »

I've also been overflowing out of my Hobby Lobby box. My current preference is to find a set of boxes I can store each expansion individually in, while being much more compact than the regular boxes, and ideally vertical. Still working on figuring that one out.

Excited for more cards tho.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.