Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 149846 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 4!
« Reply #1225 on: November 20, 2019, 01:18:23 pm »

unvote

Although why?

You can revote later if you want - but if you’re Town & Eevee is Town then by unvoting now you avoid a potential quickhammer.

But then how would I know if we're both town's? This doesn't make a lot of sense

What? Putting people up to hammer range to see if they get hammered is NOT a winning strategy in MyLo!

Like, I get what you’re saying, and yeah, it CAN inform if Eevee happens to be scum - but if he’s Town then you “finding out he’s Town” is “town losing”.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 20, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »

i think no turning LL’s or faust’s head for whatever reason, our hope lies in raerae. Who at some point thought i was town, what happened?

@LL
no i can not change my alignment. odd question.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 20, 2019, 02:37:44 pm »

unvote

Although why?

You can revote later if you want - but if you’re Town & Eevee is Town then by unvoting now you avoid a potential quickhammer.

But then how would I know if we're both town's? This doesn't make a lot of sense

What? Putting people up to hammer range to see if they get hammered is NOT a winning strategy in MyLo!

Like, I get what you’re saying, and yeah, it CAN inform if Eevee happens to be scum - but if he’s Town then you “finding out he’s Town” is “town losing”.

So what is the best strategy?  If LL had put his vote on Maxford would you be having this same conversation?  We've got three chances here and you've both said Eevee is a bad idea and said you'd consider him. 

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 20, 2019, 02:45:21 pm »

unvote

Although why?

So what is the best strategy?  If LL had put his vote on Maxford would you be having this same conversation?  We've got three chances here and you've both said Eevee is a bad idea and said you'd consider him.

I don’t think he’s a bad idea outside the fact that he falls in my largest subgroup that I believe contains exactly 1 scum. My point about “considering” him is predicated on the idea that he had four votes (L-1) but no quick hammer occurred. This would mean either he’s scum or all three scum had piled onto the wagon - both possible scenarios.

And yes, had Maxford been placed up to three votes instead I would’ve unvoted until we were as certain as we could be that he was the lunch we wanted with the best chance of hitting scum.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 20, 2019, 02:47:52 pm »

unvote

Although why?

I don’t think he’s a bad idea outside the fact that he falls in my largest subgroup that I believe contains exactly 1 scum. My point about “considering” him is predicated on the idea that he had four votes (L-1) but no quick hammer occurred. This would mean either he’s scum or all three scum had piled onto the wagon - both possible scenarios.

And yes, had Maxford been placed up to three votes instead I would’ve unvoted until we were as certain as we could be that he was the lunch we wanted with the best chance of hitting scum.

But how are we supposed to be certain?  I've asked all of the questions I can, I can't keep calling people out to engage because it's just f-ing exhausting and nobody else seems to be stepping up to the plate.  Do you want a mass claim?  I don't know how we can be more certain with everybody giving the silent treatment around here.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: November 20, 2019, 02:50:59 pm »

unvote

Although why?

But how are we supposed to be certain?  I've asked all of the questions I can, I can't keep calling people out to engage because it's just f-ing exhausting and nobody else seems to be stepping up to the plate.  Do you want a mass claim?  I don't know how we can be more certain with everybody giving the silent treatment around here.

I mean, yeah, I get the frustration.

I don’t know. I’ve looked back, I’ve come up with my best choice for scum and even my second best. I’ve fully posted my thoughts and cases for both and don’t really have much more I can do when people just go “no”, or worse don’t respond at all. I get that 37.5% of the players are scum here and have no incentive to help me out, but still.

Mafia Record:

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 20, 2019, 02:52:01 pm »

unvote

Although why?

I don’t know. I’ve looked back, I’ve come up with my best choice for scum and even my second best. I’ve fully posted my thoughts and cases for both and don’t really have much more I can do when people just go “no”, or worse don’t respond at all. I get that 37.5% of the players are scum here and have no incentive to help me out, but still.

So you're saying you and me screaming at each other isn't the best option here?  I see how it is.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 20, 2019, 02:52:35 pm »

unvote

Although why?

So you're saying you and me screaming at each other isn't the best option here?  I see how it is.

Sorry to disappoint.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 20, 2019, 02:57:21 pm »

Your case on Maxford was to a large extent based on the way MiX treated him, yet you didn't react at all when I pointed out that he treated a flipped town pretty much the same.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 20, 2019, 03:39:14 pm »

Galzria, I think you are town, and I think your sub-groups for scum make sense. I'm very willing to aid in getting a better lynch through.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 2!
« Reply #1235 on: November 20, 2019, 07:41:39 pm »

I'm doing an Eevee re-read.

This is from Eevee at the start of D2:

We’re back!

Interesting that both confirmed townies were on shraeye. I think looking in-wagon will be my first priority, very much including the surprisingly still with us joth.

The wagon was:
Shraeye (9): A Drowned Kernel, faust, Joseph2302, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Maxford, MiX, Eevee, Xxraptorslayer96

Would scum!Eevee have made the on-wagon comment? I think it probably depends on who his scumbuddies are, but i'm struggling to see whether I can actually make any useful logical deductions based on impossible trios.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 2!
« Reply #1236 on: November 20, 2019, 07:52:41 pm »

I'm doing an Eevee re-read.

This is from Eevee at the start of D2:

We’re back!

Interesting that both confirmed townies were on shraeye. I think looking in-wagon will be my first priority, very much including the surprisingly still with us joth.

The wagon was:
Shraeye (9): A Drowned Kernel, faust, Joseph2302, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Maxford, MiX, Eevee, Xxraptorslayer96

Would scum!Eevee have made the on-wagon comment? I think it probably depends on who his scumbuddies are, but i'm struggling to see whether I can actually make any useful logical deductions based on impossible trios.

At work right now. I’m trying to post while I see posts from all the remaining non-voting players to maximize information for Town (ie - no impending quick hammer) to help identify possible pairs. Obviously if Eevee is scum it doesn’t mean as much, but still.

Mafia Record:

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 20, 2019, 08:00:57 pm »

How does everyone else think that Eevee handled the pressure of LL's scumslip claim around #972? I thought he didn't come across as too guilty, but evidently I also just read the original with a different tone/intent from how LL did.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 3
« Reply #1238 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26:40 pm »

I think Eevee slipped there a bit, I am now scumreading him much more than couple of hours ago.

But first, let's lynch joth (of course after he does the thing)
Heyo. Where did I "slip"?

Just quoting to make this easier.

I don't think Eevee was really forced to handle anything, LL sort of just dropped it.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 20, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »

I think Eevee slipped there a bit, I am now scumreading him much more than couple of hours ago.

But first, let's lynch joth (of course after he does the thing)
Heyo. Where did I "slip"?

And also I don't feel like sharing this one for now, I am so sorry

Sorry, he emphatically dropped it by refusing to discuss further.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 20, 2019, 08:39:39 pm »

That seems a decent question.

LaLight, where was the slip?

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 21, 2019, 12:38:41 am »

Vote Count 4.3:

Eevee (3): faust, raerae, LaLight
Maxford (2): Galzria, Eevee
faust (1): Maxford
Galzria (1): Joseph

Not Voting (1):  SpaceAnemone

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Day 4 ends on Friday, November 22nd, at 3:32pm EST. That is in less than 2 days.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 21, 2019, 12:46:02 am »

This might not be very relevant currently, but faust and LL being two independently scummy people, I think there's a high probability exactly one of them is scum.

This looks like you know for sure.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 21, 2019, 12:46:09 am »

if a better option presents itself.
Here's a suggestion: Why don't you present a better option?
I would if I had one, right? Or I'm scum.

So, to answer your question: I don't have one.

So you don't have one, so you're scum, am i reading this right?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 21, 2019, 12:46:32 am »

Just this. I was mostly trying to draw a reaction and I also think it was scummy

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: November 21, 2019, 05:35:09 am »

The more I re-read, the more I don't see how Galz and faust can be scum partners. Even though they're the people I think are scummiest
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 21, 2019, 05:36:24 am »

And if Galz and Maxford are both scum and Eevee wasn't, they could have hammered the win by now. So that means that I'm wrong about one of these things
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 21, 2019, 10:18:10 am »

The more I re-read, the more I don't see how Galz and faust can be scum partners. Even though they're the people I think are scummiest

That's why I landed on Eevee, no matter how hard I try to put them together it just doesn't fit.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 21, 2019, 10:34:42 am »

That's why I landed on Eevee, no matter how hard I try to put them together it just doesn't fit.

Why do you think Eevee is more likely to be scum than LaLight?

Mafia Record:

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 21, 2019, 10:39:51 am »

Why do you think Eevee is more likely to be scum than LaLight?

I think they're equally likely but I'd rather kill off the non-PR first. I feel like I've got to be wrong about disbelieving one of LL or faust.  But maybe that was the plan, one claim one day, one claim the next, whoever dies the other ends up looking peachy?  I've over-thought the absolute hell out of this game though so I'm not sure that's at all logical.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.