Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 151077 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 3
« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2019, 08:06:46 am »

idk fam

I feel like I’m letting the town down by not working harder to argue against my lynch.

At the same time, I get why everyone suspects me. I’d probably buy the case against me too.

I haven’t had as much time/energy for mafia lately and so I’ve been playing kind of lazy. My N1 targeting decision was, plain and simple, a result of having to make a quick decision and not having time to think it through/reread.

My default action, as a claimed PR who thinks himself likely to be NK’d, is to use my shot so it at least doesn’t go to waste. In this particular case, that default was wrong. But I didn’t take the time to logic that out. I was already feeling annoyed that I had played day 1 poorly enough to be outed and I had already written the game off for myself, so I just picked a target.

I have a complicated history with MiX. I tend to scum read him hardest when he turns out to be town and townread him the most when he’s scum. Based on that, I thought he was town. And I thought scum might target him because he’s an active, helpful player who can be hard to lynch. He wasn’t an obvious target, but the one thing scum doesn’t do with a claimed doctor in the town is choose an obvious target.

I’ve really botched the game, and if everyone is as convinced as they say that I’m scum then I guess it’s better I get out of the game before I’m an even bigger liability. But if you would like to lynch scum today, look elsewhere.

My top suspects: still Eevee and Joseph. Also, increasingly, faust. I just played a game with him as my scum partner. This thing he’s doing with me, where he sort of dances around defending me but still leaves himself lots of room to advocate my lynch, it fits the profile. Eevee is behaving similarly. I suspect scum is pushing my case but trying to look like they’re not too enthusiastic about it.

Vote: Eevee
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2019, 09:24:37 am »

Eevee, why have you lost your pic, it's harder now :(
No clue. I'll give it a day and a find a new one if it doesn't come back. Maybe there's an even cuter Eevee somewhere on the internet now.

@your last post, there are 3 mafia left.

yeah, I know. Nut i think it's joth and faust quite surely and also someone third. You?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2019, 09:25:43 am »

I don't get why faust is voting for me and doesn't seem to do any scumhunting work. You say Space's theory about MiX is incorrect and for a change you offer a lurker lynch? Without case?
It seems you got the gist of it.

Oh thank you for this correct and, even better, informative answer. Do you even want town to win?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2019, 09:25:48 am »

Joth is at L-2 currently. I don't want to vote for him before we hear from Galzria (etc), but I'd put my vote there if the deadline was closer (it's on the 14th, btw).

faust, why LaLight? Apologies if I've missed an explanation, is there more than the lurkiness? Do you think joth is town or a bad lynch?

Would also be interested to hear what Raptor thinks. (Interested in everyone else's thoughts too of course, but especially from someone I'm treating as town for all intents and purposes.)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 11, 2019, 09:42:22 am »

We do have until Thursday. If you all don’t hammer me, I will spend tonight re-reading and doing my darnedest to find you a better lynch option. And then if you decide to hammer me anyway, at least you can look at my work after I flip town and maybe it will be helpful.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 11, 2019, 10:31:38 am »

We do have until Thursday. If you all don’t hammer me, I will spend tonight re-reading and doing my darnedest to find you a better lynch option. And then if you decide to hammer me anyway, at least you can look at my work after I flip town and maybe it will be helpful.
I'll hold my vote off for sure, as long as you don't go silent on us. And I'm not even dead-set on voting you, if a better option presents itself. Head says you're scum, heart is having reservations.
'
Fwiw, your current vote, not the bestest! Maybe start by rereading me?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 11, 2019, 11:09:27 am »

I don't get why faust is voting for me and doesn't seem to do any scumhunting work. You say Space's theory about MiX is incorrect and for a change you offer a lurker lynch? Without case?
It seems you got the gist of it.

Oh thank you for this correct and, even better, informative answer. Do you even want town to win?
Oh thank you for this open-ended and, even better, non-rhethorical question. Yes.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 11, 2019, 11:13:50 am »

faust, why LaLight? Apologies if I've missed an explanation, is there more than the lurkiness? Do you think joth is town or a bad lynch?
LaLight is PoE mostly; I have a bunch of townreads and he's not among them. Other people in that category are at least more active, and I hope that I will get some insight from seeing how people react to my pushing LaLight. Plus LaLight was kinda scummy on D2 I seem to remember, but I'll have to reread to check why.

I think joth is town, and a bad lynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 11, 2019, 11:14:51 am »

if a better option presents itself.
Here's a suggestion: Why don't you present a better option?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 11, 2019, 11:18:53 am »

if a better option presents itself.
Here's a suggestion: Why don't you present a better option?
I would if I had one, right? Or I'm scum.

So, to answer your question: I don't have one.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:32 am »

This might not be very relevant currently, but faust and LL being two independently scummy people, I think there's a high probability exactly one of them is scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 11, 2019, 11:49:03 am »

This might not be very relevant currently, but faust and LL being two independently scummy people, I think there's a high probability exactly one of them is scum.
Do you have any reason for calling me and LaLight scummy? Why do you say that you don't have scumreads that are better than joth (who you don't seem to scumread very hard) and then go on to talk about two scumreads that you have?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 11, 2019, 12:32:15 pm »

Do you have any reason for calling me and LaLight scummy? Why do you say that you don't have scumreads that are better than joth (who you don't seem to scumread very hard) and then go on to talk about two scumreads that you have?

For you, not getting night killed, or presenting any analysis that's made you feel towny to me. Usually townfaust seems very "useful" to me, this time I've found your presence a bit lacking. A lot of questions and pushes for others to make cases, less so doing any of the stuff you're asking yourself. I think you surely know I'm more of a sheeper, someone who analyses other people's cases and defenses and makes reads based on that. You're continuously gung-ho about getting some  groundbreaking breakthroughs (analysis or cases) from me, which feels dishonest and like you are looking for reasons to push my lynch.

I recall being pretty good at identifying LL as town previously based on not easily substantiated emotional/gut reads, his few posts haven't had a tone or content that'd make me feel towny. Anyone with very few posts and nothing towny in them is inherently scummy, Galzria is right there behind LL in the scumminess rankings. "Not seeming towny to me" isn't an easy or even viable case to push however, and his changed availability (and the passage of time) makes this gut based read tricky -  I don't put a lot of confidence in it . With such high portion of scum in the game, anyone who isn't a townread is already pretty scummy in my eyes. Like, I'm 95% sure of Raptor, feel pretty good about Maxford still although I'd say his day2 has been less towny than day 1 was, so removing myself, of the 7 of you 3 are scum - even taking into account the chance I'm wrong about Max and/Raptor, you're all almost 40% of being scum to me. That's pretty scummy in usual mafia framework. Yet still less so than joth, whom I'm scumreading somewhat hard - as I said earlier, I think the facts are pointing towards him being scum, it just always feels too easy when there's no one defending him and the case kind of hinges on scum making mistakes - I've found that the mistakes often end up being from town that was less careful. I think I'm just afraid of being wrong and emotionally hedging, and joth should probably be the lynch - but there's no harm in looking for alternatives? This game has had noticeably few wagons - of the currently alive players only me and joth have had more than two votes? Not even sure if I've had more than two at any point, although surely more than two individual people have voted for me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 11, 2019, 01:07:20 pm »

For you, not getting night killed, or presenting any analysis that's made you feel towny to me. Usually townfaust seems very "useful" to me, this time I've found your presence a bit lacking. A lot of questions and pushes for others to make cases, less so doing any of the stuff you're asking yourself. I think you surely know I'm more of a sheeper, someone who analyses other people's cases and defenses and makes reads based on that. You're continuously gung-ho about getting some  groundbreaking breakthroughs (analysis or cases) from me, which feels dishonest and like you are looking for reasons to push my lynch.
Well, my presence has been lacking because I'm busier than I used to, especially in the three months I'm spending in the US. Also the other game has been an additional resource drain. That's kind of why I'd like for others to do some additional work, I cannot rely as much on doing thorough rereads because I don't have the time for it. For some reason my changed availability does not serve as an excuse even though I still make an effort to contribute, whereas LaLight can lurk his way through the game, then come in and complain about me not doing enough, and that's totally fine.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:03 pm »

Galzria has been prodded.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:41 pm »

Vote count 3.3   

Joth (4): Raerae, Joseph, SpaceAnemone, LaLight
Eevee(2): Joth, faust

Not Voting ( 6 ): Raptor, Maxford, Eevee, Galzria

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on Thursday, November 14th at 6:53pm EST. That is in just over 3 days.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 11, 2019, 03:25:32 pm »

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 11, 2019, 05:47:36 pm »

I think Eevee slipped there a bit, I am now scumreading him much more than couple of hours ago.

But first, let's lynch joth (of course after he does the thing)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 11, 2019, 05:49:20 pm »

Joseph balances on the edge of "Too scummy to be scum" as he always is for me and "for some reason i still don't scumread him even a bit (and no one else as well". I remember him being scum in Cities game and there he was REALLY townie and that almost secured a win. Here this is another case, but still he's not his usual self. Maybe I just forgot

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 11, 2019, 05:49:53 pm »

I've read the game, like, twice and can't point at Maxford and raerae as one or the other.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:40 pm »

Galzria is here, huh

anyway, I think scumteam is joth/faust/Eevee, now all the hard work is to persuade everyone

Maybe you just listen to me? I am pretty sure I am right

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 11, 2019, 05:51:08 pm »

also I am not scum and believe me, you'll get a confirmation pretty soon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 11, 2019, 05:52:46 pm »

I think Eevee slipped there a bit, I am now scumreading him much more than couple of hours ago.

But first, let's lynch joth (of course after he does the thing)
Heyo. Where did I "slip"?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 11, 2019, 05:53:11 pm »

also I am not scum and believe me, you'll get a confirmation pretty soon

What is this?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 11, 2019, 05:53:39 pm »

so like

joth > Eevee > faust >>> Galzria > raerae > Maxford >>> Joseph > Space > raptor > Me

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.