Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56  All

Author Topic: M125: Poker Mafia! - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 151239 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 2!
« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2019, 10:08:14 am »

And I like my vote on joth. Their story for the game doesn't add up, so we've caught scum in a lie. I just don't see why it has to be more complicated than that

Because you’re wrong?

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 10, 2019, 10:13:24 am »

Joth, I thought Mix was very scummy coming off day 1, so raerae's inquiry feels very relevant to me. If you can't come up with a convincing explanation for protecting him, I think I'm going to vote for you.

You have 24 hours.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2019, 10:28:48 am »

Joth, I thought Mix was very scummy coming off day 1, so raerae's inquiry feels very relevant to me. If you can't come up with a convincing explanation for protecting him, I think I'm going to vote for you.

You have 24 hours.
Why aren't you voting for him now?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2019, 10:58:42 am »

No particular reason, trying to be careful with my votes with such high portion of our population being scum. And I wanted to make what I imagined to be wa Taken joke, which, upon googling, isn’t even a line from that movie.

Maxford

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Maxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2019, 11:03:58 am »

I mean, you're the most experienced player here so you should know better!

Haha.. out of the two of us, yes, but many of the others have way more experience than me!!
I would say Space is about #6-7 on most experienced players on here

yes sorry, I meant, more experienced between the two of us. I didn't mean most experienced in a general sense

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 10, 2019, 11:26:06 am »

I guess what I don't quite see is that MiX is trying to protect joth when he actually voted for joth a lot, says he's okay with the wagon, and generally just flipflops all over the place. To me that is more indicative of scum changing reads on town opportunistically.

You attributing standard scum behavior to MiX is laughable. That cat wouldn't play expectedly if you paid him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 10, 2019, 12:02:43 pm »

I guess what I don't quite see is that MiX is trying to protect joth when he actually voted for joth a lot, says he's okay with the wagon, and generally just flipflops all over the place. To me that is more indicative of scum changing reads on town opportunistically.

You attributing standard scum behavior to MiX is laughable. That cat wouldn't play expectedly if you paid him.
So Space coming to the conclusion that joth is scum based on MiX's behaviour is fine, but when I come to a different conclusion then suddenly you can't possibly make conclusions based on his behaviour?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »

So Space coming to the conclusion that joth is scum based on MiX's behaviour is fine, but when I come to a different conclusion then suddenly you can't possibly make conclusions based on his behaviour?

Wait.. that's not a fair representation of why I think Joth is scum at all.

I came to the conclusion Joth was scum based on D1 reads and what I think was a very minor scumslip. Early in the game, I was townreading MiX over his casual-sounding response to my "MixFaurd" joke, so that scumread on Joth was non-MiX-dependent.

Then I thought it was a bit off that MiX was jumping around making it difficult to get my preferred lynch through in the runup to the D1 deadline. I keep coming back to that because I was actually feeling quite cross at the time about how much time-wasting his flitting was causing for anyone else trying to keep up. I pointed out at #545 that it could even look like partner-protecting, which might be worth remembering later (i.e. if one of them later flips scum). You could have objected to that comment at the time, but didn't make any response, as far as I can remember.

Meanwhile, Joth, a claimed doctor, doesn't get NKd. That's another MiX-independent piece of evidence against Joth.

Then finally MiX flips scum thanks to a cop result. Going back to my "that might be telling for later" comment, I now have another piece of evidence that makes Joth look suspicious. Sure, Raerae could be right that MiX's behaviour could have been every bit as annoying and/or unpredictable as town as he was as traitor, but it's not the only thing making me vote Joth.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 10, 2019, 01:02:55 pm »

Wait.. that's not a fair representation of why I think Joth is scum at all.
You say that and yet two thirds of the subsequent discussion talk abut MiX. I did not mean to imply that MiX is the only reason you're voting joth, I was merely drawing an analogy. MiX isn't the only reason I'm not voting joth either.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2019, 01:05:15 pm »

And an aside, your explanation bring out another main flaw in your argument, your scumpartner-read D1 that you felt was validated by MiX flipping Traitor, despite the fact that Traitor-scum is a very different dynamic from scum who know each other.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 10, 2019, 06:08:28 pm »

Space made conclusions based on actual stuff from MiX, you made conclusions based on what you expect Scum to do, not what you expect scum!MiX to do.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 10, 2019, 06:11:10 pm »

Vote count 3.2   

Joth (3): Raerae, Joseph, SpaceAnemone
LaLight (1): faust

Not Voting ( 6 ): Raptor, Maxford, Joth, Lalight, Eevee, Galzria

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Day 3 ends on Thursday, November 14th at 6:53pm EST.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 10, 2019, 07:43:12 pm »

And an aside, your explanation bring out another main flaw in your argument, your scumpartner-read D1 that you felt was validated by MiX flipping Traitor, despite the fact that Traitor-scum is a very different dynamic from scum who know each other.

Here's a post I made in response to a discussion with Galz, where I explicitly point out that I expect scum behaviour to be different given the traitor-scum dynamic:

There’s likely at least 1 scum between {Faust, Joseph}, else the first 4 people on Shraeye were all town (not impossible, but more unlikely than likely).
This sort of analysis is problematic. Like, there is no particular reason that I see why scum would be on the shraeye wagon, and early on the shraeye wagon. Sure, it's unlikely that a group of 4 contains no scum. But we already know that 2 of them are town. In the end it's just the chance that there's 1 scum in a group of 2, unless there is some compelling reason that i am missing for whyy scum is likely to be early on the shraeye wagon.

Thing is, you and I just approach things differently in general. Sure, what you say is as true as anything. But what I’m arguing is that practically speaking, that sort of thing just generally doesn’t happen. Yes, there’s no reason it can’t, it just doesn’t all that often.

How do you feel the typical wagon distribution will have changed given that three of the four of them (presumably?) didn't know the identity of the forth?

That issue dropped my confidence in my own wagon analysis coming into D2. I think the biggest driving factor causing the typical dispersal pattern of scums between wagons is that generally they don't want to be seen to be acting as a team... so if several of them don't know who not to team up with, then I think the dynamics might not look the same.

PPE 1

However, my particular point that you seemed to be responding to was about MiX protecting Joth. There's no complicating factor there, because given that we know MiX was the traitor, then he has full knowledge of whether the wagon he's distracting everyone from is on town or scum. In fact, he's the only player who knows that for all other players. So there's no problem with that reasoning. Why are you trying to cast doubt here?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M125: Poker Mafia! - Day 3
« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2019, 07:44:42 pm »

Well I guess I ought to vote: LaLight.

I’ll be back later with more thoughts.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 10, 2019, 10:14:08 pm »

However, my particular point that you seemed to be responding to was about MiX protecting Joth. There's no complicating factor there, because given that we know MiX was the traitor, then he has full knowledge of whether the wagon he's distracting everyone from is on town or scum. In fact, he's the only player who knows that for all other players. So there's no problem with that reasoning. Why are you trying to cast doubt here?
I believe a Traitor is much less likely to bus at all, and your story requires a significant amount of bussing even if it was later backpedaled.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 10, 2019, 10:18:00 pm »

Space made conclusions based on actual stuff from MiX, you made conclusions based on what you expect Scum to do, not what you expect scum!MiX to do.
I guess I am kind of confused as to why you think MiX would play particularly unexpectedly. It's not like he's Morgrim 2.0.

Maxford

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Maxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 11, 2019, 06:50:31 am »

Well I guess I ought to vote: LaLight.

I’ll be back later with more thoughts.

Ought to vote LaLight? Why?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 11, 2019, 07:15:35 am »

Maxford,who do you think is towny/scummy?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 11, 2019, 07:24:17 am »

Right, I have some things to say, right after vote: joth
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:17 am »

I don't get why faust is voting for me and doesn't seem to do any scumhunting work. You say Space's theory about MiX is incorrect and for a change you offer a lurker lynch? Without case?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:52 am »

Eevee, why have you lost your pic, it's harder now :(

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 11, 2019, 07:32:18 am »

ok, I think it's joth and faust. I also think joth is living unforgivably long with his claim never being backed up.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 11, 2019, 07:47:02 am »

Eevee, why have you lost your pic, it's harder now :(
No clue. I'll give it a day and a find a new one if it doesn't come back. Maybe there's an even cuter Eevee somewhere on the internet now.

@your last post, there are 3 mafia left.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 11, 2019, 07:53:03 am »

I don't get why faust is voting for me and doesn't seem to do any scumhunting work. You say Space's theory about MiX is incorrect and for a change you offer a lurker lynch? Without case?
It seems you got the gist of it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 11, 2019, 07:54:18 am »

Request prod on Galzria

I had to llok at a vote count to even remember that he's in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 56  All

Page created in 1.024 seconds with 20 queries.