Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Now and Next-Turn Golem Variant: Guildmaster  (Read 1177 times)

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
Now and Next-Turn Golem Variant: Guildmaster
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:21:48 am »
+2

Unlike Golem, it distributes the two cards over two turns, but you get to choose 2 out of 3 Actions to play instead of just 2 out of 2. I made this for the unnamed expansion I'm working on; flavor-wise, it's sort of a sequel to Adventures, but so far, the only expansion mechanics it has are Night cards, Durations (duh), Villagers, and Projects.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:23:29 am by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1445
    • View Profile
Re: Now and Next-Turn Golem Variant: Guildmaster
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 06:25:01 am »

I like this a lot. At the first glance, a semi-delayed Golem for $5 seems to be on the cheap side. But I guess that 2 Actions instead of 1 being out of your deck is a subtle nerf (of course it is also situationally good, e.g. when you don't have to play a Lookout late in the game.)

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1353
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 09:11:02 am »

the ability to choose which two of three to use makes it a bit more powerful than Golem imo; can probably price at 6 or 7 as written, or change to just do two Action cards for $5.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1445
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 11:02:50 am »

the ability to choose which two of three to use makes it a bit more powerful than Golem imo; can probably price at 6 or 7 as written, or change to just do two Action cards for $5.
Hardly. Trashers are indeed a problem for late game Golem but otherwise you obviously prefer an immediate instead of a semi-delayed Golem. Three (OK, that's not preice: you discard one of them at the start of your next turn so you can draw into it) Actions being out of your deck for one turn is a significant downside. We know this stuff from Throning Durations as well as Duration Thrones like Ghost.

Archive also keeps stuff out of your deck but unless you are hyperthin you can keep also keep the bad stuff out ... and above all Archive net draws double the amount of other Lab variants.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 12:39:43 pm »
+2

Since you only want a few of these later on putting it at 6 or 7 seems like a way to just make one player feel bad about how his hands got lumped in a mirror rather than a way to make for more meaningful strategy.

I think this probably works just fine at 5$.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.