Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43  All

Author Topic: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 107301 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (DAY 4)
« Reply #1025 on: November 08, 2019, 12:13:32 am »

I am an inventor-boy.

I could give a variety of 1-shots to players once per night.

I gave 2 of them to Faust for the first two nights and the third one to one of you guys.

Jimm predicting I handed it to Faust N1 suggests to me that if Jimm is Evil, then so is Faust.

So there’s that.

I will let Faust tell you what I handed him, I guess.

Also, I almost want to put what item I threw out into the world to see if I was RB’d. If the person I handed it to didn’t receive an item...

That would be hugely informative.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1026 on: November 08, 2019, 03:53:14 am »

Also, I almost want to put what item I threw out into the world to see if I was RB’d. If the person I handed it to didn’t receive an item...

That would be hugely informative.

Maybe, but there is no way for us to learn that information that way. If someone didn't receive an item, they're not going to know they were the one who was supposed to receive it just because you say what item it would have been.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 08, 2019, 04:03:21 am »

Sorry, I meant to suggest that I just ask directly to the specific player and out who I gave it to.

But it is a negligible boon for us, I believe.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 08, 2019, 07:11:40 am »

I got an active 1-shot Bulletproof from Eddie N1. After our Neighborhood opened, he quickly claimed that and of course that gave me a massive townread on him. Then, Night 2, I decided to pass that 1-shot BP on to Galzria, unfortunately too late for him to use it. I also received my second item, a Tracker, that Night.

I tried to use the Tracker last Night (on joth), but I was blocked
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 08, 2019, 02:29:15 pm »

Here's what I am thinking:

1. We have 2 unexplained failings of Night action. I feel like it would be beneficial for gkrieg to clarify whether he JKed me or joth tonight, since it's very unlikely that scum can block 2 people, and if gkrieg didn't do that, that means that joth is scum.

2. joth/Jimmmmm don't make sense as a scumteam because they wouldn't confict each other's claims. So with the assumption that joth is scum, Jimmmmm would be town, but if gkrieg is responsible for the blocking it's less clear.

3. LaLight's claim is softer conflicting with joth's, to an extent where scum wouldn't do that either. They are also unlikely to be scum together.

So the scumteam would be either joth/Awaclus/shraeye or 3 or Jimmmmm/LaLight/Awaclus/shraeye. Barring further info from gkrieg, I think the best bet is lynching among Awaclus/shraeye, and of those I think that shraeye is decidedly scummier.

vote: shraeye

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1030 on: November 08, 2019, 03:37:46 pm »

Gideon, Saheeli, Nahiri and Ajani stand surrounded by their enemies, zombies on all sides of them - the last four planeswalkers on Ravnica. Nicol Bolas cackles and stares them down.
"Once I have your sparks," he screams, "I will have the true power of a god!"
With that, zombified God Eternal swings down and attacks each of the last Gatewatch members. Gideon tried to fend off Oketra, but tragically falls to an arrow. Saheeli sends a small flock of thopters and servos at Bontu, but the Crocodile god snaps them all out of the way and snaps her in half. Nahiri furiously tries to raise the cobblestones only to be beaten down by Rhonas. And Ajani leaps into the air, swinging his double axe wildly at Kefnet before finally falling to his doom.
Nicol Bolas absorbs all of their sparks, and turns to his lieutenants, Domri Rade, Dovin Baan, and Vraska.

"This planes is yours now," he says, "Or at least what's left of it. I go to conquer the multiverse!

The game is over. The scum team of faust, jotheonah, LaLight, and Jimmmmm wins flawlessly.

This game has been a big ol' pile of me messing up, so it's fitting it ends with me not realizing the town is actually endgamed. I'm sorry for dragging it out- I genuinely did think you guys had a chance after gkrieg kept faust from making shraeye hated. I didn't realize that even though scum didn't have the votes to autolynch, town also didn't have any remaining way of taking out a scum player. But now that faust has pointed it out to me, it seems mean to let it continue.

I apologize for any imbalance in the setup. Ironically, I was concerned I had made town too strong, but now I'm nearly certain I made them too weak. In my defense, there was a lot of bad luck, including an entire mechanic I came up with never being relevant. Also, scum did play extremely well.

That being said, I clearly wasn't ready to moderate a setup of this complexity by myself. While I have lots of RMM ideas still, I think the best thing for me to do is moderate a few premade setups and learn more about the fundamentals of the game.

Speccy link: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/439UUeZ63Qnjx
Scum QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/pVwJQrdchin

I hope people were able to have fun in spite of everything. People can share their own QTs at their discretion.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)
« Reply #1031 on: November 08, 2019, 03:46:01 pm »

DatSwan would have switched sides if faust neighborized him or if shraeye protected him. In retrospect, its a good thing that didn't happen, it would have ended the game very fast.

I had 5 items - lockets which recharged powers for either side but only in two specific colors of mana. This is why I told everyone what kind of mana their powers used. There were five events which would trigger a particular player receiving a locket. None of them happened this game! Including what I thought would be a freebie - the Dimir (blue/black) locket was supposed to go to the first player to get to L-1 without dying that day. But this freaking town never let anyone get there!

Other locket triggers were pubby using his power, EFHW using her vig shot, LaLight roleblocking raerae, and Datswan choosing a side.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 08, 2019, 03:52:11 pm »

Sweeps ftw

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:40 pm »

I apologize for any imbalance in the setup. Ironically, I was concerned I had made town too strong, but now I'm nearly certain I made them too weak. In my defense, there was a lot of bad luck, including an entire mechanic I came up with never being relevant. Also, scum did play extremely well.
Not sure. Town had a lot of powers that made them able to semi-confirm themselves, and extra kills. I do think that including a Survivor to a game with this many scum is a bad idea. (Survivors are arguably a bad idea a lot of the time) Scum got somewhat lucky, and town had an activity problem.

That being said, I clearly wasn't ready to moderate a setup of this complexity by myself. While I have lots of RMM ideas still, I think the best thing for me to do is moderate a few premade setups and learn more about the fundamentals of the game.
It may be worth it to just get another pair of eyes to look at your setup before starting out. It's easy to get lose sight of the bigger picture the more you refine your setup. If you want a more detailed critique of this setup, I can try to compile my thoughts.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 08, 2019, 03:57:38 pm »

This neighborhood with Eddie was a lot of fun: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MwHWDpUfEFep

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 08, 2019, 04:10:19 pm »

I don't have words for this game, so I'm gonna choose to say "screw Jimmmmm for not being active D1 enough for me to vig him" and...and yeah.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 08, 2019, 04:12:57 pm »

Ironically, I was concerned I had made town too strong, but now I'm nearly certain I made them too weak.

Welcome to running a custom setup.

I think you did a good job. It was a fun game. Sorry got utterly botching my fakeclaim.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 08, 2019, 04:14:46 pm »

I was actually Domri and I had a strongman kill (used on Galz) and a ninja kill (used on raerae)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 08, 2019, 04:18:26 pm »

What was pubby’s power?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1040 on: November 08, 2019, 04:23:31 pm »

What was pubby’s power?

Doctor but it only worked on humans. Flavored as creating an Angel (like he created Avacyn.)

A bit of a stretch I know.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 08, 2019, 04:34:01 pm »

It’s gonna take me a long time to stop being mad at MiX
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 08, 2019, 04:37:17 pm »

It’s gonna take me a long time to stop being mad at MiX

Same tbh

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 08, 2019, 05:17:15 pm »

Had a good time, but boy oh boy did I help sink town hard and fast.

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/j6SDAACqmA8uy

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 08, 2019, 05:22:09 pm »

I feel 2% justified in that I had scummy reads on LaLight and Jimmm, but utterly messed up on Faust & joth & mix & EFHW.  Not a high point in my mafia career.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 08, 2019, 05:30:35 pm »

I feel 2% justified in that I had scummy reads on LaLight and Jimmm, but utterly messed up on Faust & joth & mix & EFHW.  Not a high point in my mafia career.
I love the final post in your QT - actually it was both! I was scum and 1-shot BP.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 08, 2019, 05:38:08 pm »

My indignation about quickhammers was like 65% real, btw.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 08, 2019, 05:44:07 pm »

I love the final post in your QT - actually it was both! I was scum and 1-shot BP.
Why be wrong once when you can be wrong twice?!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 08, 2019, 05:52:03 pm »

Good game all.

I'd still like to know what happened to your read on raerae. Was it a fake scum read?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 08, 2019, 05:53:46 pm »

I don't have words for this game, so I'm gonna choose to say "screw Jimmmmm for not being active D1 enough for me to vig him" and...and yeah.

Why do you require a certain level of activity to vig someone?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.