Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43  All

Author Topic: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 107315 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (DAY 2)
« Reply #525 on: October 20, 2019, 09:30:29 am »

Well, none of the supposed mislynches work, so you chose me, also sheeping EFHW vote and with no explanation at all
Why are you only challenging Eddie?

I didn't like his post being only the vote without anything else. I actually think you're both scummy for this, but he's just more
The post where EFHW votes you doesn't contain any more reasoning, so why are you making a distinction here?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 20, 2019, 09:49:30 am »

It feels like people are just being contrary. No one has shown me why I should abandon a real, substantive case on raerae for what seems to be a dart thrown at a dartboard that landed on LaLight.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 20, 2019, 10:02:56 am »

It feels like people are just being contrary. No one has shown me why I should abandon a real, substantive case on raerae for what seems to be a dart thrown at a dartboard that landed on LaLight.
But your case on raerae is that she is too towny. And don't you find Lalight's reaction a bit scummy here? I did have reasons for my vote. I chose not to share them yet.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2019, 10:03:50 am »

Awaclus
+3
jotheonah
+6
DatSwan
+0
faust
+6
UncleEurope
gkrieg
+1
raerae
+1
Galzria
+1
Jimmm
EFHW
LaLight

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2019, 10:31:02 am »

Well, none of the supposed mislynches work, so you chose me, also sheeping EFHW vote and with no explanation at all
Why are you only challenging Eddie?

I didn't like his post being only the vote without anything else. I actually think you're both scummy for this, but he's just more
The post where EFHW votes you doesn't contain any more reasoning, so why are you making a distinction here?

I actually don't know. Feel like her vote was random and this is ok in my book, but Eddie just hopped on a wagon which is more scummy
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 20, 2019, 01:48:42 pm »

But your case on raerae is that she is too towny. And don't you find Lalight's reaction a bit scummy here? I did have reasons for my vote. I chose not to share them yet.
I’m certainly not townreading LaLight. Let me give them a closer look and get back to you.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 21, 2019, 12:46:26 am »

Jesus this has moved no where.

Joth - in regards to the point people are making about rae flipping back and forth on reads so quickly.... do you believe that is something one does more as town or skum?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 21, 2019, 12:54:33 am »

Galz - Who is the skummiest person that was on wagon eod1 in your opinion?
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 21, 2019, 07:42:31 am »

Jesus this has moved no where.

Joth - in regards to the point people are making about rae flipping back and forth on reads so quickly.... do you believe that is something one does more as town or skum?

Not sure there’s a one-size-fits-all answer to this. Depends on the player and the nature of the flipping.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #534 on: October 21, 2019, 09:02:11 am »

"Do we really need to do this now?" asked one of the Azorius guards as they walked through the darkened alley. "Seemd like there's bigger things to worry about right now than Rakdos crowd control."

"We got a tip things might get bad," said the other, "And it's not like the Boros will do anything right now."

Suddenly a spotlight shown on all six arresters, and a booming voice sounded from above.

"For tonight's entertainment, six, count 'em six of the traitorous Azorius scum who are helping that evil dragon terrorize our planet will be disemboweled, life, for your amusement! I don't want to ruin the fun with too many details, but lets just say heads will do more than just roll. Yes that's right. Mazrickar the head-juggler is in attendance! But that comes later. For now, let's get these heads off of their bodies!"

The crowd roared, and the arresters prepared for a fight- one that didn't seem like it would end well for them.

Vote Count 2.2

DatSwan (2): Galzria, Awaclus
raerae (2): DatSwan, jothonah
jotheonah (1): faust
Awaclus (1): gkrieg
LaLight (2): EFHW, UncleEurope
UncleEurope (1): LaLight
Not voting (3): shraeye, raerae, Jimmm.

With 12 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The day will end at 6:30 pm on Thursday, October 24th.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 21, 2019, 09:13:18 am »

Sorry, behind again. I was mid-way through catching up when the site went down. At this stage the case on raerae seems a bit of a stretch to me but I'll try to look into it more tomorrow night.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 21, 2019, 11:05:59 am »

Ok, did a LaLight iso re-read.

- lots of asking questions
- lazy sheep votes on both pubby and MiX wagons
- mildly defensive reaction to the new wagon on him, but not defensive in a way that's ringing major scumbells, especially since it's an annoying hard-to-respond to wagon that would probably tick me off too.

Definitely could be scum. Fits the profile of a lie-lowing scum. Wouldn't hate it as a lynch.

OTOH

- does not look like a partner of either shraeye or raerae, my primary scum reads
- also fits the profile of a low-contributing townie who ends up being an easy mislynch

I'm open to hearing a substantive case on LaLight. I'll definitely move my vote there to get a lynch if need be. I do think we can do better.

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 21, 2019, 12:08:50 pm »

Ok, did a LaLight iso re-read.

- lots of asking questions
- lazy sheep votes on both pubby and MiX wagons
- mildly defensive reaction to the new wagon on him, but not defensive in a way that's ringing major scumbells, especially since it's an annoying hard-to-respond to wagon that would probably tick me off too.

Definitely could be scum. Fits the profile of a lie-lowing scum. Wouldn't hate it as a lynch.

OTOH

- does not look like a partner of either shraeye or raerae, my primary scum reads
- also fits the profile of a low-contributing townie who ends up being an easy mislynch

I'm open to hearing a substantive case on LaLight. I'll definitely move my vote there to get a lynch if need be. I do think we can do better.

I don't have a strong case -- in fact I feel like it's still Day 1. But this post struck me as someone who doesn't feel part of town. I also didn't like his asking for everyone's top scumreads when he isn't scumhunting. And he said he wanted to move on from the current debate but then goes right back into it. He said the people involved seem towny. But then is he saying Shraeye is his top scumread? That feels like a superficial attempt to seem like he's scumhunting. joth could be right that it is more underparticipation than deception, but why underparticipate?

I actually feel a bit left out of this whole conversation and also I haven't seen anything scummy from the participating parties, so I am a bit confused here.

Can everyone, like, share their top scumread and why is that so?

I start with shraeye, still haven't got answer to

All fire, no substance.  This isn't townrae.

What happened to this read? It sounds pretty sure

and also don't see him at all participating in D2 and after D1 weird hammer.

I think it is too early to be scum-hunting based on who else seems scummy. "He doesn't look like partners with Shraeye or raerae" is pretty flimsy.

Regarding his reaction to the wagon, why did he only complain about Eddie? It seems like he wants to avoid having a conflict with me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 21, 2019, 12:15:06 pm »

@gkrieg -

Day 1 you voted 3 times, for Lalight, Shraeye and pubby. Each time the next vote placed was pubby voting for the same person as you. Do you know what that was about?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 21, 2019, 12:16:30 pm »

Another question for gkrieg - How did you decide to stay off the MiX wagon?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 21, 2019, 12:18:35 pm »

Post#  Voter   Wagon

74   gkrieg   Lalight
75   pubby   Lalight

111   gkrieg   Shraeye
112   pubby   Shraeye

120   gkrieg   pubby
123   pubby   pubby

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 21, 2019, 02:09:19 pm »

Ok, there's a bit of misunderstanding or misrepresentation.

And he said he wanted to move on from the current debate but then goes right back into it.

I did not move to the current debate. By current debate I meant all the hammer stuff and was it scummy or was it not or was it scummy if you say it's scummy, or is it not scummy if you say it's scummy, are you scummy for calling it scummy and so on and so on. Me asking shraeye about his read on raerae is a completely different debate.

He said the people involved seem towny. But then is he saying Shraeye is his top scumread?

Shraeye was not involved into debate above. I mean it is about him, but I was mostly talking about faust and joth, because I feel like they're the only two debating this.

Regarding his reaction to the wagon, why did he only complain about Eddie? It seems like he wants to avoid having a conflict with me.

What is the point of avoiding conflict with one player while scrutinizing another? Can you describe why would that be the case? We both know we are not scum partners, so what gives?

As I explained earlier your vote seemed random to me, while Eddie's was "hey we can make a wagon out of this" which felt scummy to me.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 21, 2019, 02:53:57 pm »

Does anybody have more knowledge or familiarity with the Nemesis role than I do?  I don't understand why Pubby wouldn't have voted for gkrieg if there was some benefit to their counterpart dying. 

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #543 on: October 21, 2019, 02:56:16 pm »

Awaclus
+3
jotheonah
+6
DatSwan
+0
faust
+6
UncleEurope
gkrieg
+1
raerae
+1
Galzria
+1
Jimmm
EFHW
LaLight

I know you're kind of a fan of numbers but, seriously, any actual content would be nice.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 21, 2019, 02:58:38 pm »

Does anybody have more knowledge or familiarity with the Nemesis role than I do?  I don't understand why Pubby wouldn't have voted for gkrieg if there was some benefit to their counterpart dying.

other side question to go along with this...

GK - why did you claim it out right away?
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 21, 2019, 03:01:00 pm »

Alright people, we are 3 days out from deadline, going nowhere fast, and pretty far from a lynch. If you've been sitting here quietly, here are some ways you can participate:

1) Weigh in on the raerae case
2) Weigh in on the LaLight case
3) Weigh in on the ... wait, is there a real case on DatSwan?
4) Make a new case
5) Re-read day one or a part of day one and look for something interesting

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 21, 2019, 03:54:47 pm »

It is not a standard role, so this is anyone's guess. Either pubby just did weird stuff (it happened before) or gkrieg is hiding something. Maybe pubby just wanted to make sure he wouldn't get lynched. That worked pretty effectively.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 21, 2019, 03:56:25 pm »

I've decided that I would rather lynch off-wagon today. So I guess vote: DatSwan, this is a good deal of PoE.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 21, 2019, 06:04:52 pm »

I've decided that I would rather lynch off-wagon today. So I guess vote: DatSwan, this is a good deal of PoE.

How’s about EFHW instead? I stumbled on a case there while doing a re read. I’ll type it up shortly.
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 21, 2019, 06:33:06 pm »

Vote: Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.8 seconds with 20 queries.