Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43  All

Author Topic: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (Game over! Scum wins flawlessly.)  (Read 107265 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: War of the Spark Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2019, 03:11:02 pm »

How about no? This is extremely far away from what I would consider an approach town!pubby wouldn't do, and with no scum games on his belt, what's really the case beyond "he feels scummy"?
He's annoying and useless and anti-town.

This is all true, but why is he scum?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2019, 03:12:21 pm »

Wow I am really crushing it in shraeye-town. With this much plussing, I should be almost ready to ultimate.

(Seriously) going at raerae for voting for shraeye in rvs is like going for Joseph for claiming SK. Some people have their little start of game traditions, but it's about the least alignment-indicative thing I can imagine. I would vote: faust, but I think I'm already there? So I'll call it good.
Why do you think that me having a read that you disagree with is scummy?

I don't. I think you making a lazy nonsense case is scummy. And I think you mischaracterizing my post in the way you just did is also scummy.

I want to vote pubby for self-voting but unfortunately I think he's probably town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2019, 03:25:53 pm »

How about no? This is extremely far away from what I would consider an approach town!pubby wouldn't do, and with no scum games on his belt, what's really the case beyond "he feels scummy"?

Why is he town? Are you his scumbuddy?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2019, 03:28:01 pm »

Why is he town? Are you his scumbuddy?

Because he's not acting any different from his town self. Except his self-vote, but that was after I started this.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2019, 03:28:40 pm »

Wow I am really crushing it in shraeye-town. With this much plussing, I should be almost ready to ultimate.

(Seriously) going at raerae for voting for shraeye in rvs is like going for Joseph for claiming SK. Some people have their little start of game traditions, but it's about the least alignment-indicative thing I can imagine. I would vote: faust, but I think I'm already there? So I'll call it good.
Why do you think that me having a read that you disagree with is scummy?

I don't. I think you making a lazy nonsense case is scummy. And I think you mischaracterizing my post in the way you just did is also scummy.

I want to vote pubby for self-voting but unfortunately I think he's probably town.
You think making a lazy nonsense case is scummier than making no case at all?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2019, 03:30:49 pm »

There is no in-game incentive to be difficult as town, there is as scum. But other than that, if he continues to be a liability then it's worth it to eliminate him early regardless of alignment.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2019, 03:32:23 pm »

Because he's not acting any different from his town self. Except his self-vote, but that was after I started this.
And does the self-vote change your opinion?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2019, 03:35:22 pm »

Yes, but I don't want the day to end now, that's anti-town. We should look into other alternatives.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2019, 03:41:22 pm »

Yes, but I don't want the day to end now, that's anti-town. We should look into other alternatives.
You can end the day now? Do you have super special multivote powers?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2019, 03:42:10 pm »

Because he's not acting any different from his town self.

Vote: MiX
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2019, 03:43:13 pm »

Scum can quickhammer if I vote if I counted them correctly. Besides, pubby's not scum, so we should look into scum before lynching anti-town.

Because he's not acting any different from his town self.

Vote: MiX

Okaaay...where's the difference then?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »

Scum can quickhammer if I vote if I counted them correctly. Besides, pubby's not scum, so we should look into scum before lynching anti-town.
So what, you thought pubby was town, then you said the self-vote changed your mind, but you still think he's town?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2019, 03:50:52 pm »

You think making a lazy nonsense case is scummier than making no case at all?

Absolutely, 100%, every time. Town makes no case all the time. I guarantee there are lots of townies making no case right now, cause they have no idea who scum is. Lazy nonsense cases, on the other hand, come from people who aren't trying to catch scum at all, just stir up trouble and get townies mislynched.

This, however, reads like annoying town faust. So there's a data point in that direction.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2019, 03:51:23 pm »

So what, you thought pubby was town, then you said the self-vote changed your mind, but you still think he's town?

He's as scum as anyone else, I haven't seen towny nor scummy things yet. This means that he's most likely town, because everyone's most likely town. But I would lynch him now, due to his self-vote. So in a way my reads didn't change but my "lynch priority" did, so to speak.

I'm saying all of this, but I haven't reread him, maybe I should...

PPE: Yes. Yes. Why are you voting faust?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2019, 03:54:16 pm »

PPE: Yes. Yes. Why are you voting faust?

I don't like the cut of his jib.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2019, 03:59:40 pm »

Okaaay...where's the difference then?

The difference is that you're scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2019, 04:10:08 pm »

Ah yes, the day 1 scum quickhammer, a tried and true tactic.

Also, how could you even calculate this without knowing how many scum there are, which, I just double-checked, is not currently mod-supplied info?

vote: MiX

faust, I'm still keeping my eye on you.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2019, 04:14:42 pm »

Also, how could you even calculate this without knowing how many scum there are, which, I just double-checked, is not currently mod-supplied info?

There's at least 3 (there's always at least 3), and I assumed pubby was scum when doing this. He has (had?) 5 votes, right? Not sure.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2019, 04:16:58 pm »

I assumed pubby was scum

Scum can quickhammer if I vote if I counted them correctly. Besides, pubby's not scum

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2019, 04:32:51 pm »

Lynching him for those reasons is annoying, useless and anti town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2019, 05:21:56 pm »

There's at least 3 (there's always at least 3), and I assumed pubby was scum when doing this. He has (had?) 5 votes, right? Not sure.

Seems to me like the "at least" number (the lower limit) would not be the relevant number in calculating whether a quickhammer is possible. If there are, in fact, 4 scum, then the quickhammer was already possible and your vote wouldn't matter.

But that's semantics. The fact is, the quickhammer thing was an absurd thing to say. Do you really think (A) there's currently no scum on pubby and (B) all the scum in the game would jump on him quickly to get their day 1 mislynch in? Quickhammers are late game phenomena. There's no reason to be talking about a quick hammer in the early game. Also ... you assumed pubby was scum? Huh? That... that must be a typo right? Cause if you thought he was scum then worrying about a quickhammer would be extra weird.

Here's another scenario to try on for size: You're scum who wanted to jump on the bad pubby wagon but didn't want to look to eager, so you made up the quickhammer thing as a way to justify not voting now that wouldn't make you look bad if you decided to vote later.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2019, 05:58:59 pm »

Seems to me like the "at least" number (the lower limit) would not be the relevant number in calculating whether a quickhammer is possible. If there are, in fact, 4 scum, then the quickhammer was already possible and your vote wouldn't matter.

But that's semantics. The fact is, the quickhammer thing was an absurd thing to say. Do you really think (A) there's currently no scum on pubby and (B) all the scum in the game would jump on him quickly to get their day 1 mislynch in? Quickhammers are late game phenomena. There's no reason to be talking about a quick hammer in the early game. Also ... you assumed pubby was scum? Huh? That... that must be a typo right? Cause if you thought he was scum then worrying about a quickhammer would be extra weird.

Here's another scenario to try on for size: You're scum who wanted to jump on the bad pubby wagon but didn't want to look to eager, so you made up the quickhammer thing as a way to justify not voting now that wouldn't make you look bad if you decided to vote later.
Careful now. This looks suspiciously like a lazy nonsense case to me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2019, 06:02:58 pm »

A) No it's not. Letting lurkers lurk to the late game is what's anti-town.
B) Why is everyone (i.e. you and MiX) obsessing about who we're lynching? It's early Day 1. We're looking to run some wagons and gain info. Shutting down wagons while not creating alternatives isn't helping.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2019, 06:07:38 pm »

This is a suspicious lazy nonsense defense.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2019, 06:11:44 pm »

I'm not sure how to answer this, other than, no, I wasn't actually calculating quickhammers when I decided not to vote. It's just general good sense to not vote up a wagon that you don't want lynched, and well I don't want pubby lynched. The quickhammer part was for why my vote mattered, which is does, in that world where scum wants to quicklynch after town votes or something. It would be a great move if pulled off correctly, and I don't want to give scum that option. Your scum!MiX theory is too tacked on, think about it and try again.

A) No it's not. Letting lurkers lurk to the late game is what's anti-town.
B) Why is everyone (i.e. you and MiX) obsessing about who we're lynching? It's early Day 1. We're looking to run some wagons and gain info. Shutting down wagons while not creating alternatives isn't helping.

"Shutting down the wagon" made the wagon much stronger: pubby's self-vote strenghtened his scummyness. Questioning the wagon is part of gaining info.

This is a suspicious lazy nonsense defense.

Of whom? Me?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 20 queries.