Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some questions re Sceptre  (Read 1347 times)

CaptainTheo

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
Some questions re Sceptre
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:54:50 am »
+1

I've got a few questions re Sceptre. It looks like the rules online already answer them but I'd like to be on the safe side!

1) I play Royal Carriage, putting it on the Tavern Mat, then I play a different action and immediately replay call that Royal Carriage back into play to replay the different action. If I play Sceptre later during the turn, presumably I can use it to replay Royal Carriage, as it was played this turn, and presumably this puts Royal Carriage back on the Tavern Mat?

2) I play Transmogrify and due to an opponent's Enchantress, I get +1 card, +1 action, and it does not move to the Tavern Mat. Presumably I can use Sceptre to replay it later in the turn, moving it to the Tavern Mat?

3) I play Hireling, and due to an opponent's Enchantress, I get +1 card, +1 action. At this point it's not staying in play after the current turn, but if I play Sceptre later in the turn to replay Hireling, Hireling now stays in play for the rest of the game, and I get +1 card at the start of all subsequent turns. Is is true that now Sceptre also stays in play indefinitely? (And ditto for Royal Carriage if I use it to replay Hireling immediately after resolving the Enchanted Hireling.)

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions re Sceptre
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:55:19 am »
+3

First the text of Scepter, for easy reference:
When you play this, choose one: +$2; or replay an Action card you played this turn that's still in play.

1) No, you can't play the Royal Carriage. The Royal Carriage is not "still in play", it is again in play, after it left play for a time.

2) Yes, that works.

3) Yes, Hireling now has executed its effect and will stay in play for the remainder of the game. Scepter played a Duration card a second time, so it stays out as least as long as Hireling, which is for the remainder of the game.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 20 queries.