Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The worst game of Dominion  (Read 2470 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
The worst game of Dominion
« on: August 09, 2019, 02:25:35 am »
+4

Played Dominion tonight for the first time in at least a year. IRL 4 player game, with jonts no less. The other 2 players were casual/newish players.

Board was:

Someone opened Sir Martin who happened to be on top. I went double Ambassador, jonts got Ambassador + Warehouse.

My ambassadors didn't collide, but one ended up in my bottom 2 cards, and was trashed by Sir Martin before I ever drew it once.

I got a Silver at some point and managed to hit for Dame Molly; jonts got a Knight eventually as well. Sir Martin player was getting very lucky Sir Martin draws and plays; Ambassadors and Silvers being trashed everywhere. was almost impossible to hit, and nothing cost .

Estates drained very quickly from the Ambassadors (all 4 players were playing them). Sir Martin player also got a bunch of Fool's Golds, but only once had 2 in hand at the same time... this was enough for him to hit for a King's Court that he would never get to play. The other player wisely got a Duchy when she finally hit . I got a City; but it was only played once.

Game ended on Estates, Ambassadors, and Fool's Golds. I won with 10 Estates. Duchy player only had 5 Estates or so; Sir Martin player had 7; jonts had the last 2 Estates for 2 points.

In total I think all 4 players combined saw or more 5 times between us. No one had ever.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: The worst game of Dominion
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 02:35:36 am »

IRL 4 player game

So the worst game of Dominion was an IRL 4-player game. The funniest game in the whole entire world was an online 2-player game[1]. Coincidence? I think not.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 10:36:36 am »
+1

4 player ambassador is weird. And extra awful when you keep losing every card you buy. It might have been better to just load up on silver and try to hit 5 early and often and never expect to get clean. Of course the real play is probably never to play 4P dominion.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:14:17 pm »

Besides most games with Rebuild, I presume. Though the Knights are certainly good at making things painful.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.