Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fly Eagles Fly's Fan Cards  (Read 2602 times)

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
Fly Eagles Fly's Fan Cards
« on: August 08, 2019, 03:06:11 pm »
+1

Hey everyone, I've been off here for several months, and I decided I would just start a new post for my cards. I'm working on reformatting the post, and I'm redoing some of the cards with Shard of Honor's card design template. The ones that have been reformatted have the eagle expansion symbol. Some have been minor changes, some have been major. Here's the original post: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19055.0

And here are my cards, more changes to follow.
Click to enlargen, or scroll downward.
Kingdom Cards:

Extra Cards:

Other Card-Shaped Things:

Plot cards:

Credit to Kudasai for this awesome mat!

Spellcasters:

Spellcasters invented by Asper, see this thread: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9231.0

Outtakes:

Split Pile Outtake:

Cards I may or may not get around to fixing up.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:21:44 pm by Fly-Eagles-Fly »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: Fly Eagles Fly's Fan Cards
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 06:22:01 pm »

Barbarian should have the Attack type, I think.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 09:13:59 pm »
+1

Thank you, fixed.
I forgot to say, any and all help is appreciated. Even just with card names and art, some of which I don't really like.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 10:31:44 pm »
+1

Deposit: The ability to discard only one card and still get the Coffers seems too easy to exploit. It's a Treasure, so you can just play all but one card in your hand and discard that card with the Deposit.

Developer: It should specify whether you get the bonus before or after you resolve the next played card. The only case I can think of where it matters is with Diadem, but it's still best to remove ambiguity wherever possible.

Marsh + Banshee: Banshee seems way too powerful for how easy it is to obtain. Sure, Marsh lets your opponents trash a couple cards once, but in exchange, you get a powerful Attack (which has the wrong types, by the way; it's shown as an Action, but it should be Night - Attack) that would probably be worth at least if it were a Kingdom card. I realize that it has each player start with a Moat Treasure, but that isn't enough to make up for how powerful Banshee is and just nerfs other Attacks as well.

Nymph: While I realize that Asper's card collection is on the front page right now, it's realistically not going to be on the same page as this thread forever. You should probably post a link to his thread if you're going to use his Spells mechanic (especially since that allows easier access to see what the Spells are and how they work).

Medallion: 1. The order of the vanilla bonuses should be in the exact opposite as you have them (Villager, Buy, ). 2. You should probably place an "and" between the +1 Buy and + to make it clearer that the three bonuses aren't separate choices.

Anvil: I would recommend changing the name of this to something like Craftsman. It makes more sense thematically, especially since Anvil sounds like it would be a Treasure.

Asylum: I don't really see the point in the "if you don't have Insane" clause. You already can't take something you already have, by default. The only reason Fool has an "if you don't have Lost in the Woods" clause is because the receiving of the 3 Boons is also connected.

Cook: Seems incredibly strong. I think that just +2 Cards, + would already be a really strong , but this is not just strictly better than that, but significantly better. I would price this at at least, or give it some sort of drawback.

Raconteur: How are you supposed to track this? The timing between making the choice, determining how many cards to draw, and actually receiving your choice's effect is separated by an entire round.

Scientist: If I have 6 Highways in play and nothing else, does Scientist cost or ? The answer depends on whether the Highway's while-in-play effect triggers before or after Scientist's during-your-buy-phase effect. If Highway triggers first, Scientist's price is dropped to then raised to ; if Scientist triggers first, Scientist's price is raised to then dropped to . I would add a parenthetical like "this applies before/after cost reduction" to address this and similar issues.

Trainee: Like I said before, Buys come before .

Viking King: I feel like this can too strongly encourage prolonging the game infinitely with certain Attack cards (such as Urchin or Familiar in particular). Especially since you get double the bonus if you choose an Attack card to Throne.

Convert: Just the +3 Cards, +1 Action combination alone makes this easily the strongest Traveller, by far. And it has 23 more options than that, if I did my math correctly. And is bottom-decked when you don't exchange it for a Monk. Way too strong for a Traveller, and maybe even too powerful for a Traveller.

Monk: Monk is far too much of a "I got it first, so I win" card. Even Champion and Teacher aren't this broken. And it even gives you extra incentive for playing the already insane Converts. And there's a reason that even Champion and Teacher don't (meaningfully) stack like this.

Ice Sculpture: Like what I said about Nymph, you should link to the thread you got the Freezing mechanic from.

Pyramid + Staff: Currently, there's no accountability for Staff since none of the other players actually see any of the cards you looked at.

Alliance: Typos: 1. Choose once of them. 2. +1 Plot per in it's cost, rounded up. 3. Choose one: Put both cards in your hand,

Slum Market: While-in-play clause should be separated via horizontal line (see Highway and Goons, etc.). Typos: 1. Gain a card costing up to ; 2. or +1 Buy, +. 3. While this is I'm in play, ..., choose one: Put it on your deck,
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:54:52 am »

Marsh + Banshee: Banshee seems way too powerful for how easy it is to obtain. Sure, Marsh lets your opponents trash a couple cards once, but in exchange, you get a powerful Attack (which has the wrong types, by the way; it's shown as an Action, but it should be Night - Attack) that would probably be worth at least if it were a Kingdom card. I realize that it has each player start with a Moat Treasure, but that isn't enough to make up for how powerful Banshee is and just nerfs other Attacks as well.

Cook: Seems incredibly strong. I think that just +2 Cards, + would already be a really strong , but this is not just strictly better than that, but significantly better. I would price this at at least, or give it some sort of drawback.

Raconteur: How are you supposed to track this? The timing between making the choice, determining how many cards to draw, and actually receiving your choice's effect is separated by an entire round.

Scientist: If I have 6 Highways in play and nothing else, does Scientist cost or ? The answer depends on whether the Highway's while-in-play effect triggers before or after Scientist's during-your-buy-phase effect. If Highway triggers first, Scientist's price is dropped to then raised to ; if Scientist triggers first, Scientist's price is raised to then dropped to . I would add a parenthetical like "this applies before/after cost reduction" to address this and similar issues.
Thanks. This is now my to do list.
I guess deposit was fine before.
Developer fixed.
Pyramid and Staff replaced with ramparts.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:37:22 pm by Fly-Eagles-Fly »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 10:10:22 am »
+1

Do you think Convert works with three choices? That seems a bit weak, but maybe that's just me. I'm not great with judging strength. Also, do you think Scientist works at 5*? Originally it was 6*.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 10:15:58 am »

Do you think Convert works with three choices? That seems a bit weak, but maybe that's just me. I'm not great with judging strength. Also, do you think Scientist works at 5*? Originally it was 6*.

Scientist works at 5* imo; Convert would be fine at three choices also (and you could prolly phrase it less confusingly if you did it "Choose three; the choices may be the same")

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 04:57:36 pm »

Here's a proposal for Monk: Trash up to 2 cards from your hand, then draw up to 6 cards in hand. When you play a Convert, +1 VP. This stays in play.
This doesn't seem nearly as strong, maybe too weak? Also, maybe Monk should be renamed Abbott, closer to Teacher and Champion. Thoughts?

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 05:55:38 pm »

Here's a proposal for Monk: Trash up to 2 cards from your hand, then draw up to 6 cards in hand. When you play a Convert, +1 VP. This stays in play.
This doesn't seem nearly as strong, maybe too weak? Also, maybe Monk should be renamed Abbott, closer to Teacher and Champion. Thoughts?

Probably too weak. I would suggest making Monk into an optional version of Cathedral, i.e. at the start of each of your turns, you may trash a card from your hand, as well as the +1 VP for playing Converts. I agree with renaming Monk to Abbott.

On the point of weakening Convert to choose 3, I agree with that. That would put it to around the same power level as Hero and Disciple, IMO.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 06:41:26 pm »

Actually what I meant was at the start of each of your turn, yeah and draw. Is that too strong?

Gubump

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 06:50:45 pm »

That's almost certainly too strong. Might be balanced with just the trashing up to two, though.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 09:19:57 pm »

Convert is fixed, it says exchange for Abbott because that's what I'll call the new version of Monk, when I decide what I'm going with it.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 08:38:47 pm »

Added Mountain Town from the weekly contest.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 03:28:40 pm »

How about these for Abbott and Viking King:

Abbott
At the start of your turn, you may trash a card from your hand. When you trash a card, + 1%. When another player plays an Attack, +1 Villager.

(This stays in play. This is not in the Supply.)

Viking King
While this is in play, the first time you play an Action card in a turn, you may play it again. When you play an Attack card, you may instead play a non-Duration Action card from the Supply costing up to its cost, leaving it there. If you don't, after resolving it, you may trash it to play it again.
(This stays in play. This is not in the Supply.)

I really cannot judge the strength of these

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 11:53:30 am »

Pub seemed really weak, changed its cost to $3. On second thought, maybe I could've made it +3 Cards.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 20 queries.