Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How do people approach when to use one-shot roles?  (Read 1160 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
How do people approach when to use one-shot roles?
« on: August 01, 2019, 12:19:53 pm »

So in Doomsday Mafia I was a 1-shot watcher and I agonized a lot over when to use my shot and ended up wasting it anyway. Meanwhile in the main thread people were discussing roles and a lot of people seemed to think all the one-shots would have already used their shots, which seemed really counter-intuitive to me. I'm wondering if there's an agreed-upon conventional wisdom for this? Like, I see the logic of using a shot early, especially if you have reason to think you're a potential night kill target. But later in the game it's a lot easier to make your shot count- to successfully protect a player with a protective role or to catch scum with an investigative role- because you have fewer players to choose from and more information.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: How do people approach when to use one-shot roles?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 04:24:44 pm »

Just saw this. It depends on the power. 1-shot vigs should not shoot night 1. 1-shot investigative roles should shoot N1 if they have a strong suspect, but should wait if not. 1-shot doctors should never use their shot N1 except maybe if there's like a claimed cop or an IC or something.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: How do people approach when to use one-shot roles?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 10:45:40 am »

But but but what if you die
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 19 queries.