Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: spineflu, an idiot, designs fanspansions  (Read 9892 times)

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
Re: spineflu, an idiot, designs fanspansions
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2019, 01:36:26 pm »

I get that some people who like how potions/potion costs work now aren't gonna like what I'm doing, and that's fine. Maybe they see what I'm doing as superfluous or detrimental to the game; that's also fine - I'm sure there's players who see fan expansions of any form as detrimental to the game, and I'm pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to find a fan card forum member who hadn't found a card someone else made that they straight up hated.

I don't get why you'd bother to comment with something that was simply dedicated to tearing down what someone else was doing, with no attempt to critique or assist. Ignoring it is free. Making it not your problem is free.

I think it's problematic that Transmute has consistently ranked low because its opportunity cost with potions has been high. I think it's problematic that any discussion of potion-cost cards turns into a conversation about opportunity cost. I'm interested in exploring the design space of a game where a conversation like that doesn't happen, where instead it's about how to juggle multiple currencies in a game.

Maybe I should just make my own deckbuilder to do this, but I thought there was room to develop these ideas a bit more with an already established game, one which already has multiple currencies.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:53:27 pm by spineflu »

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: spineflu, an idiot, designs fanspansions
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2019, 07:02:40 pm »
+6

If you post your expansion publicly, you should expect comments from people.  Being rude to people who post comments on your expansion - even if you don't like their comments or believe they could be more constructive - is unacceptable.

Please be more civil.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.