Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 174730 times)

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1375 on: September 30, 2019, 01:00:40 pm »

Vote: e

Ack, I missed.
??

@Eddie - Where are you at? It's been almost 6 days. How did you vote in the duel and who do you prefer?
FNG

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1376 on: September 30, 2019, 02:31:10 pm »

I voted yes to the duel and will hold off on handing out my opinion between the two for the time being.

We have one mislynch left, I believe.

Also, sorry for not posting much, been working on midterm prep/been feeling generally lazy. Which is my bad. I didn’t realize it had been 6 days...

I will try and post my thoughts after more of the non-me people do the same.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 30, 2019, 06:09:17 pm »

I'm off to bed now, if someone gets time, can they collate a duel/no duel list? Thanks #ic #gettheminionstodoitforme
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 30, 2019, 10:51:33 pm »

I'm off to bed now, if someone gets time, can they collate a duel/no duel list? Thanks #ic #gettheminionstodoitforme
We've created a monster!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: September 30, 2019, 11:00:41 pm »

I’m super busy, should have time tomorrow. I did not get back in time to vote
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: October 01, 2019, 02:35:02 am »

We've created a monster!
Well every time I've tried to do stats this game, I've done them wrong and you've ended up correcting

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 01, 2019, 10:23:00 am »

It's much much easier to count votes.  I don't know EFHW & Eddie's votes for the Joseph v ADK duel or Joseph's vote in the current duel. Awaclus only revealed their current duel vote.

--------------ADK v e--Glooble v Joth--Joseph v ADK--Awaclus v e-
ADKNYNY
Awaclus???N
DatSwanNN?Y
DebateproNNYY
eYYNY
Eddie(0Ix)NVNV?Y
EFHWNY?Y
GloobleNY
JosephYYN?
jothYYN
mcmcNNNNV
MiXN
pubbyN
RobzYYYY

FNG

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 01, 2019, 10:55:03 am »

I'm a yes to the duel, because both were in the group of people who've voted for town mislynches all game

I just wanted to check everyone else had declared first

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 01, 2019, 10:56:07 am »

And the current duel vote was not at all helpful

Although of the 2, I want to Vote: Awaclus

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 01, 2019, 12:34:21 pm »

So robz and joseph why do you guys lean awaclus over E.

I don’t think awaclus has played out of the ordinary this game but I definitely need to reread him. E hasn’t done anything to strike me as towny and the voting for two duels that includes himself feels a lot like the whole “I’m so blue I’ll vote no to go on this mission” from Avalon. But idk, joth and glooble both voted yes to duels that included themselves and we really want the pr. I guess maybe it’s scummier that awaclus voted no for the duel but doesn’t have a town read on e
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 01, 2019, 12:59:09 pm »

So robz and joseph why do you guys lean awaclus over E.

I don’t think awaclus has played out of the ordinary this game but I definitely need to reread him. E hasn’t done anything to strike me as towny and the voting for two duels that includes himself feels a lot like the whole “I’m so blue I’ll vote no to go on this mission” from Avalon. But idk, joth and glooble both voted yes to duels that included themselves and we really want the pr. I guess maybe it’s scummier that awaclus voted no for the duel but doesn’t have a town read on e

I think Awaclus has definitely played an "ordinary" game. I just think he "out-ordinaried" himself this game, which is scummy.

His whole never share information or reads meta? Check
His "I can never do anything scummy" meta? Check
His voting for duels doesn't really fit a traditional meta since it isn't a traditional mechanism, but still... Check

Like you mentioned, the whole voting no to a duel where he scum reads his opponent is just out-WIFOMing himself playing the game of "what would I do as town?"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 01, 2019, 02:19:37 pm »

@eddie - how did you vote in duel 3, ADK v. Joseph?
FNG

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 01, 2019, 02:23:54 pm »

I think I voted no.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 01, 2019, 03:48:42 pm »

Also, activity in this game has dropped completely off today.  I know I wasn't very active D3, but no one seems to be around today
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 01, 2019, 03:50:53 pm »

I think I voted no.

Do you think you could look back and check?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 01, 2019, 05:03:01 pm »

Been reading if not posting.

My thoughts on Awaclus:

e's summary of Awaclus's day 1 said he was talking against duels, against claiming, and voted for town. I see the  not claiming part as correct, but he left out that Awaclus was arguing with/tunneling MiX the whole day, and I don't see Awaclus as arguing against duels. At 159 he says if it were always correct to duel, why would it be optional? That seems more moderate to me. He does some of his usual tropes - 437 Where has pubby shown that he is not scummy? His arguments against claiming votes were strictly correct, even though I disagreed with him, so even though it is a pro-scum position, he justifies it well enough. Towards the end of the day he starts looking at Glooble (465). His theory that Glooble was trying to deflect suspicion seemed thin to me. I'd say though that the scummiest thing Day 1 was the fighting with MiX. Some people still think of MiX as a mislynch target, and scum!Awaclus could have been trying to play that card.

Day 2 does play into that narrative for scum!Awaclus. Having failed to mislynch MiX, scum!him nk's him. Then he picks up where he left off by voting Glooble. He disassociates himself from the nk by giving arguments why framing Glooble would be pointless, and he still says MiX is a good mislynch, which really seems doubtful at this point since no one has succeeded yet that I know of. He starts arguing with Debate and floats the idea of a me/Debate/Glooble scumteam at 933, I guess because we were all off the Glooble wagon. I think this was his scummiest day.

Day 3 he has 10 posts. He thinks Joseph could be scum. That could be read as resisting an IC, but since I did the same thing, I'm not going to read it that way. He didn't get into the DatSwan debates, just voted him.

Day 4 he voted e and said he doesn't want to get lynched. Will we hear any more from him?

tl;dr There is a scum narrative here. It's kind of obvious, though, which I think generally scum!Awaclus would want to avoid.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2019, 05:22:03 pm »

Now e:

To start off, I'm a bit mystified by his 1347 post on Awaclus. It seems pretty low effort. Is he that confident of winning the duel? His yes vote would suggest so. He doesn't make much of a case, but states at 1345 that he thinks Awaclus is scum. Why?

Another thing I notice is that I have disagreed with him quite a bit, and it has been hard to get responses from him. His 927 argument that the lack of counter wagon meant Glooble was scum seemed really off to me, and he never answered my criticism of it. Now we know joth and Glooble were both town, so there's no partner narrative; I don't know why scum!him would prefer Glooble over joth. But it's weird. Low effort again, maybe. But if you are going to the trouble to post, why not think it through a little?

Day 3 is bigger effort. He takes a leader role and really supports the IC!joth, IC!joseph thing right away, with no questions. It doesn't fit a scum narrative, but maybe he's trying really hard to seem towny? I'd say that is a possibility. He buddies joth a bit, but so openly that he seems to have tongue in cheek, so NAI there.

Day 4 we're back to low effort, as I said before.

e has been very pro-duel. I think that could be a pro-town position - he doesn't take it to the same extremes as Robz. "Let's go for it" is a mafia strategy I can generally relate to, though in this case I wasn't as excited about it as he seems to be. NAI here, too, since scum!e would want to be pro-town wherever possible.

tl;dr There are a lot more contradictions re: e than with Awaclus. Erratic effort, some pro-town play mixed with real low effort stuff.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 01, 2019, 05:23:03 pm »

I hope these posts were helpful to somebody. I feel pulled in both directions.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1393 on: October 01, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »

His whole never share information or reads meta? Check

That isn't a meta, that's just good play.

His "I can never do anything scummy" meta? Check

What?

His voting for duels doesn't really fit a traditional meta since it isn't a traditional mechanism, but still... Check

That's just a subset of the first thing.

where he scum reads his opponent

This is alternative facts. I have never said that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 01, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »

I think I am more likely to vote e in the end, based just on gut feeling. I'd feel better if there were more towniness on Awaclus's part.

PPE Awaclus

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: October 01, 2019, 06:17:05 pm »

Given the lack of content (again!) in this day, I think scum are just able to hold back again.

Which makes me think this duel is town/town or scum/scum. And I think there's a good chance that it's the latter

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: October 01, 2019, 06:23:14 pm »

Mcmc and EFHW are raising arguments for Awaclus being scum than generally resonate with me. He's been very quiet, not really staking out positions, has chilled discussion in a very annoying way that can come across as pro-town but is actually very materially pro-scum, and he has been stridently anti-duel, whereas the people we know are town have tended to be pro-duel.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1397 on: October 01, 2019, 07:04:30 pm »

he has been stridently anti-duel

Here is me being "stridently anti-duel":

Assuming that silverspawn has picked somewhat reasonable PRs, it should be sometimes a good idea to duel and sometimes a bad idea
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: October 01, 2019, 07:06:30 pm »

Mcmc and EFHW are raising arguments for Awaclus being scum than generally resonate with me. He's been very quiet, not really staking out positions, has chilled discussion in a very annoying way that can come across as pro-town but is actually very materially pro-scum, and he has been stridently anti-duel, whereas the people we know are town have tended to be pro-duel.

Maybe I'm misremembering (haven't done my reread yet) but when had awaclus been anti-duel?

Ppe 1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: October 01, 2019, 08:35:54 pm »

Given the lack of content (again!) in this day, I think scum are just able to hold back again.

Which makes me think this duel is town/town or scum/scum. And I think there's a good chance that it's the latter
I worked hard on my posts. I consider them content.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 20 queries.