Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 175926 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1025 on: September 19, 2019, 01:51:29 pm »

Has everyone posted? I feel like everyone has posted.

So I am going to work under the assumption that joth and Joseph are both town for now.

So under this assumption, what happens if we wait for the duel and agree to vote down duels that include either of us? Is that any good probabilistically?
Sounds reasonable to me
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 19, 2019, 01:51:35 pm »

We also need to talk about dueling at some point. I feel like we have enough information for a good lynch without a duel.

But I also think another PR would be very useful. While we regrettable outed our JK, the way it happened basically have us an IC in the process. Which is nice.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 19, 2019, 01:53:55 pm »

So I am going to work under the assumption that joth and Joseph are both town for now.

So under this assumption, what happens if we wait for the duel and agree to vote down duels that include either of us? Is that any good probabilistically?
Sounds reasonable to me

I mean, I might be inclined to say yes to a duel if it were say, Joseph v swan.

A duel like that requires a majority vote to lynch the non-IC player.

Which is basically like a lynch we just get another PR out of it
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 19, 2019, 01:55:17 pm »

There only issue is it is a secret ballot lynch where scum can lie about where they voted.

And it doesn't give the non-IC player a real chance to defend themselves

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 19, 2019, 02:12:19 pm »

There only issue is it is a secret ballot lynch where scum can lie about where they voted.

There he is, where have "you" been. :)
FNG

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 19, 2019, 02:14:27 pm »

At this point I would only vote for duels that included either of you if the other person was a duel where I would vote yes if the duel was me vs. them (there are such people)
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 19, 2019, 02:23:16 pm »

I am confused. Are you calling me scum here? The "you" is throwing me off. Or are you calling me town? Or neither? I just don't know.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 19, 2019, 02:23:30 pm »

At this point I would only vote for duels that included either of you if the other person was a duel where I would vote yes if the duel was me vs. them (there are such people)

and "them" are?
FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 19, 2019, 02:26:25 pm »

I am confused. Are you calling me scum here? The "you" is throwing me off. Or are you calling me town? Or neither? I just don't know.

Your play has been unusual. It made me question if you were a player on teamtown. Today, I am seeing more posts in the null to town range, instead of the null to scum range.
FNG

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 19, 2019, 02:34:54 pm »

Your play has been unusual. It made me question if you were a player on teamtown. Today, I am seeing more posts in the null to town range, instead of the null to scum range.

Oh, ok. That's nice.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: September 19, 2019, 02:38:19 pm »

This seems nice in theory but in practice it just gives you wiggle room to vote however you want.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 19, 2019, 02:44:47 pm »

Joth and Joseph are town. I think it's okay to vote for a duel that includes one of them as long as the other person is someone we are okay lynching (to get the PR). If the duel is the two of them, then no.

If the duel is like, Joseph vs ADK or E, I might be fine with it.

I could easily see Swan being scum who does the kill, but I could ALSO see him as the NK, since it wouldn't fundamentally change the dynamics of the game much and the dynamics of the game (until this series of claims at least) was decent for scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 19, 2019, 02:45:55 pm »

This seems nice in theory but in practice it just gives you wiggle room to vote however you want.

I will vote however I want, thanks
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 19, 2019, 02:49:55 pm »

and "them" are?

robz, mcmc, and e come to mind
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 19, 2019, 02:50:40 pm »

Joth and Joseph are town. I think it's okay to vote for a duel that includes one of them as long as the other person is someone we are okay lynching (to get the PR). If the duel is the two of them, then no.

If the duel is like, Joseph vs ADK or E, I might be fine with it.

I could easily see Swan being scum who does the kill, but I could ALSO see him as the NK, since it wouldn't fundamentally change the dynamics of the game much and the dynamics of the game (until this series of claims at least) was decent for scum.

I could easily see this post coming from scum!Robz

Basically dining up everything everyone has said and starting a few other obvious things. Plus the obvious OMGUS perspective of me being in his top 2 scum reads.

I can join team vote: Robz

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 19, 2019, 02:51:21 pm »

Actually given that the duel yesterday was town vs. town, it's pretty unlikely that scum just didn't vote, so maybe take mcmc off that list
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 19, 2019, 02:53:13 pm »

Actually given that the duel yesterday was town vs. town, it's pretty unlikely that scum just didn't vote, so maybe take mcmc off that list

This doesn't make sense. I would think in a TvT scum votes yes. Abstaining doesn't make sense

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 19, 2019, 02:55:37 pm »

I will vote however I want, thanks

What I'm getting at is this post sounds like it's committing to some kind of vote but it basically isn't.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 19, 2019, 03:11:49 pm »

This doesn't make sense. I would think in a TvT scum votes yes. Abstaining doesn't make sense

What I mean is, with a TvT duel, scum doesn't end the day not voting like mcmc did
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 19, 2019, 03:12:42 pm »

What I'm getting at is this post sounds like it's committing to some kind of vote but it basically isn't.

I promise you that I will place some kind of vote on the duel
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 19, 2019, 03:17:14 pm »

What I mean is, with a TvT duel, scum doesn't end the day not voting like mcmc did

Ah, ok. I thought you were talking about voting yes or no on whether the duel was going to happen. That clarifies things.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 19, 2019, 03:17:28 pm »

I promise you that I will place some kind of vote on the duel

Thanks, you are the best

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 19, 2019, 03:34:45 pm »

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (11): Uncleeurope, mcmcsalot, EFHW, Debatepro, Awaclus, jotheonah, DatSwan, Joseph2302, e, Robz888, A Drowned Kernel

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Phase 1 of day 3 ends at September 20, 15:00 Forum Time.

So we have another 24 hours (ish) before the duel starts.  I am still pretty much firmly in the "yes" camp, especially if it is in the non-IC group of people.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 19, 2019, 03:50:13 pm »

Where did everyone go? You are all scum for leaving. I am here ready to react to everything.

Also, slightly D A MA

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 19, 2019, 04:39:48 pm »

/tag
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.