Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 174688 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #775 on: September 11, 2019, 01:46:29 am »

So if we do this plan it guarantees 6 yes votes for the duel. And if the duel fails we know that 1 person in that group of 6 is scum

It seems like a lot of effort organizing over a very sorry period of time when people in America will probably just wake up to the duel option and not have a chance to weigh in on the plan until after the duel has started.

Maybe something to think about for D3, but not today
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 11, 2019, 01:47:08 am »

So if we do this plan it guarantees 6 yes votes for the duel. And if the duel fails we know that 1 person in that group of 6 is scum

It seems like a lot of effort organizing over a very sorry* period of time when people in America will probably just wake up to the duel option and not have a chance to weigh in on the plan until after the duel has started.

*Short
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 11, 2019, 03:57:22 am »

It seems like a lot of effort organizing over a very sorry period of time when people in America will probably just wake up to the duel option and not have a chance to weigh in on the plan until after the duel has started.

Sounds like something feasible for another day
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 11, 2019, 06:22:52 am »

Just so I understand what people are saying.

The suggestion is that we all vote yes for the duel regardless of knowns and reads, is that correct? So if the duel is debatepro (town!known) v. X (town!read), I should vote yes?

All this because there is somewhere between a 72-81% chance town would be assigned a PR.
FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 11, 2019, 06:26:58 am »

@Joth/Glooble - When was the last time (which game?) you were scum together?

@Robz/MCMC - Same question?
FNG

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 11, 2019, 06:29:27 am »

The only time I can remember is drunk mafia. And it was a no night chat game where I was desperately breadcrumbing my kill targets and he was missing them.

I really like ADK’s plan. And we have plenty of time to agree to it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 11, 2019, 06:35:55 am »

The only time I can remember is drunk mafia. And it was a no night chat game where I was desperately breadcrumbing my kill targets and he was missing them.

I really like ADK’s plan. And we have plenty of time to agree to it.

Datswan's plan? I am fine doing it, we can always unilaterally decide for everyone else

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 11, 2019, 06:38:22 am »

And unless I am mistaken, this phase 2a should end at any time, basically whenever silverspawn  shows up

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 11, 2019, 07:41:08 am »

Thread locked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 11, 2019, 07:41:18 am »

What I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand, I don't feel any shame about the fact that the game turned out to be a disaster. It's a tragedy, honestly but, at least I had that damn T-1000 to kick around. I might have stayed away had I not, of course.

... What I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand, I do have a few new ideas going forward (I think) and hope to return to my former hobby.
Thank you for reading. This post is intended as general introduction to the Diaspora-themed art I do. I would appreciate feedback regarding what works, what doesn't, and what you really like or don't like about what I do. I am constantly looking forward to talking with you and seeing your reactions.

... what I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand, I was a good fighter. I knew how to use my powers. But in some way, I was a real human being, even if I lived in a video game. The game wasn't real. It wasn't even real to my eyes. It was only a series of lines of code, a series of words on a page, and a series of actions. When I died, the game ended. This made me feel less a part of it , and maybe the game stopped making a profit from me. But at the same time, it made me feel real. And I got a new job, which still pays my rent, and I started to notice that, in some strange way, I got to be a part of the real world. In fact, I had a new job, which paid me more money than the first

... ... what I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand, I don't know if I would really have enjoyed the game any other way. For me, though, it was a game about death. It was a game about an immortal being, who had just died of a mysterious disease, and now had to live his eternal life surrounded by his own family, all while enduring the worst of their suffering, which included the loss of all his limbs. The death of one would not bring him true peace, and what was the point of living if one didn't want peace? This is a game about pain, that will likely make you cry. It's about people with disabilities, who lose things they take for granted, such as the ability to move about, to think, and all aspects of their lives. It's a game about the pain of dying, as well as the pain of loss.

... ... ... what I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand, _______ _______ has made it to the same age. And I will remain here in perpetual misery until I die. All I do is try and protect myself from the reality that I am just a product of the game. It was my fault for even starting it. No one ever took my hand, except my game. As a kid, I hated the game. As an adult, I think it ruined me. I don't know if I was ever good at it, but I still didn't play as often as I should have. So now there's no hope anymore. That's what I need. This is the last game anyone should ever be allowed to play. This game, this game, is too evil. It should be banned. It should be destroyed. It's the kind of thing we should never see again. It was

... ... ... ... what I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand,  I'm no long the person that played the game as an infant boy, only to have it turn into a world-beating experience, only to have it turn into what I considered a world-beating experience, only to have it turn completely into nothing, only to have it all turn into an endless, meaningless, meaningless death, only to have it all turn into one more death. I'm an adult now. I had the chance to die a happy, dignified death, and I took it.

... ... ... ... ... what I did not realize at the time was that, with the death of the game, I too would fade. How could I have known that I was only a product of the game, not a real human being? Oh well. On the other hand, it turns out that I will eventually fade too! That, and I was able to see the light of another day as I found the most beautiful woman with whom I have ever been involved. That's my story after all, don't you ever get tired of telling yourself that?

Posted by Jule at 9:55

PS: Seymour and Chalmers hate love letters.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:00:37 am by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 11, 2019, 07:43:47 am »

The potential duel is between Glooble and jothenoah.

You have until September 12, 09:00 forum time to vote in your QT. Please bold your vote and make it unambiguous, such as support: duel or oppose: duel
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:01:39 am by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 12, 2019, 08:57:53 am »

The missle that knows knows that the threat of mafia lurking among it is the number one priority. But the remaining passengers seem to have forgotten.

C: Well, Seymour, I made it- despite your directions.

S: Ah. Superintendent Chalmers. Welcome. I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon.

C: Yeah. Oh, egads! My roast is ruined. But what if I were to purchase fast food and disguise it as my own cooking? Delightfully devilish, Seymour. Seymour!

S: Superintendent, I was just- uh, just stretching my calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise. Care to join me?

C: Why is there smoke coming out of your oven, Seymour? Uh-

S: Oh. That isn't smoke. It's steam. Steam from the steamed clams we're having. Mmm. Steamed clams. Whew. Superintendent, I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable birthday. - My birthday.

C: Aww. I'm gonna kill you. I hope you're prepared for a nightmare, Seymour. Just a few minutes. All right! Let's get those clams steamed! Get on. I'm just warming up a little bit. Good! Good for you, girl! Thanks. Now, it's time to address that letter that was sent to us.

S: Ah, the love letter. On my birthday, no less. Wasn't it just the most horrible thing?

C: The most horrible thing indeed, Seymour. Clearly we must duel it to the death. There is no other way.

S: Ah, yes, yes, of course. Though would it still be a duel if it involves both of us, superintendent?

C: Don't be silly, Seymour. Have a clam. Obviously you get to participate for free on your birthday.

S: Right! You want to see a clam?

C: Of course! What do you like best?

S: I like clams.

C: How about that?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 12, 2019, 08:58:33 am »

The duel commences.

Thread unlocked!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 12, 2019, 09:01:32 am »

Vote Count 2.2

Glooble (0):
jothenoah (0):

Not Voting (12): Awaclus, Uncleeurope, DatSwan, mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, A Drowned Kernel, EFHW, e, Debatepro, Glooble, jotheonah

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends on September 18, 05:00 forum time.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #789 on: September 12, 2019, 09:02:35 am »

Well this was staggering unlikely.

vote: joth

because for me there is literally no reason not to.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #790 on: September 12, 2019, 09:04:45 am »

Vote: Glooble
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 12, 2019, 09:08:59 am »

Oh we have a duel. Kind of didn't expect that

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 12, 2019, 09:09:22 am »

Maybe everyone should claim whether they voted for duel or not?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 12, 2019, 09:09:40 am »

Also I'm V/LA tomorrow til Monday

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 12, 2019, 09:14:43 am »

vote: Glooble

Yeah, I’m now very skeptical duels are random.

But I’m happy enough with this one. I voted for it, both because of Swan’s plan and because I think Glooble’s scum and I think I can win.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #795 on: September 12, 2019, 09:17:14 am »

I voted for it because I think joth's scum. I'm less sure about my ability to win, but I'm pretty confident if I lose my flip will give town some really good info.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 12, 2019, 09:27:22 am »

I voted for the duel, even though I have semi strong town reads on both Glooble and Jo. That's how much I wanted to duel!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 12, 2019, 09:42:59 am »

I voted yes on duel, and I'm now more skeptical of joth for switching his stance on duels for swan's plan, which accomplishes pretty much the same thing as everyone always voting yes
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 12, 2019, 09:44:10 am »

Oh we have a duel. Kind of didn't expect that

You didn't expect people to vote yes on joth and glooble?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 12, 2019, 09:44:52 am »

I voted for the duel, even though I have semi strong town reads on both Glooble and Jo. That's how much I wanted to duel!

Is it everything you dreamed of?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.