Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 177574 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: September 07, 2019, 06:07:19 am »

If we’re ignoring MiX’s set order I’ll go ahead and say I voted no. I’m townreading ADK, e hadn’t really said enough to give me a read one way or the other, and I honestly didn’t think the power role gained would have been particularly useful on night one, especially with information twisted as it would have been by the duel.

Can you expand on this idea? What were you thinking about exactly when you said this?

We have no idea what the roles are, except that there are four of them, and they probably don’t include jailkeeper. Still most roles are going to do nothing unless you hit scum (vig, roleblocker) or hit the NK target (doctor). The odds of getting that right night 1 in a town this big are extremely slim.

The one role that silver might include that would actually be good night 1 is cop, but even that is iffy with the scum player getting to know what the power would have been, since they can fake claim freely so you can’t really even trust the result until the cop is dead.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 07, 2019, 06:08:48 am »

If we’re ignoring MiX’s set order I’ll go ahead and say I voted no. I’m townreading ADK, e hadn’t really said enough to give me a read one way or the other, and I honestly didn’t think the power role gained would have been particularly useful on night one, especially with information twisted as it would have been by the duel.

Can you expand on this idea? What were you thinking about exactly when you said this?

We have no idea what the roles are, except that there are four of them, and they probably don’t include jailkeeper. Still most roles are going to do nothing unless you hit scum (vig, roleblocker) or hit the NK target (doctor). The odds of getting that right night 1 in a town this big are extremely slim.

Why do we have to use them night 1?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #527 on: September 07, 2019, 06:09:55 am »

I don’t see DatSwan’s reasoning at all by the way, about Robz. “The wagon built fast so it must be on town” is one of those arguments that comes up every game and has almost no basis in reality.

PPE: It’s in the rules post. If we don’t use them might one they go away.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia
« Reply #528 on: September 07, 2019, 06:12:54 am »

...  [2] At the start of the following night, a random player is selected. If they are town, they receive one of a list of one-shot powers (randomly selected) which they may use that night. If they are mafia, they will be told what that power is but will not receive it. This list of powers is fixed pre-game by the mod but is not revealed. All powers in it are either standard or standard with minor variations. The same power will not be selected twice in the game (regardless of whether the player was town or mafia). The list consists of four entries. In the case that all four are used up throughout the game, the duel mechanic disappears and further days are 240 hours long.

Bolding mine.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 07, 2019, 06:14:33 am »

...  [2] At the start of the following night, a random player is selected. If they are town, they receive one of a list of one-shot powers (randomly selected) which they may use that night. If they are mafia, they will be told what that power is but will not receive it. This list of powers is fixed pre-game by the mod but is not revealed. All powers in it are either standard or standard with minor variations. The same power will not be selected twice in the game (regardless of whether the player was town or mafia). The list consists of four entries. In the case that all four are used up throughout the game, the duel mechanic disappears and further days are 240 hours long.

Bolding mine.

Sure, but I only asked this here:

Finally, 1-shot abilities very often come to nothing, especially when you don't get to pick which night to use them.

I haven't seen anyone address this: do the one-shot PRs need to be used the night they're gained?

How did you deduce that you couldn't use them at any other night?

Vote: Glooble

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #530 on: September 07, 2019, 06:15:51 am »

MiX, that’s been I. The set-up post the whole time.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #531 on: September 07, 2019, 06:16:26 am »

*in

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 07, 2019, 06:18:13 am »

MiX, that’s been in the set-up post the whole time.

Fine, but it's really not clear just from reading it. Unless it is and I can't read?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #533 on: September 07, 2019, 06:19:09 am »

It was completely clear to me. If you could use the power for the rest of the game he would have said that.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 07, 2019, 06:20:12 am »

Vote: Debatepro

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 07, 2019, 06:25:31 am »

MiX: doesn’t want to lynch e by default

Also MiX: wants to lynch e the regular way instead

Well then I guess ADK's also scum for doing the same thing... I would rather have a real day than a random lynch (E loses the duel everytime anyway) and a one-shot PR.

Meh. That's such a non-post.

I wasn’t calling you scummy for it. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just being flip.

What was this about Glooble?

Can you tell I'm looking for reasons to scumread you?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 07, 2019, 06:32:26 am »

Safe vote explanation, set up by his prior post.

What prior post?

Well then I guess both questions in that post were ignored so I need to repost them. That's what I get for doing things between a twin fight.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #537 on: September 07, 2019, 06:41:28 am »

MiX: doesn’t want to lynch e by default

Also MiX: wants to lynch e the regular way instead

Well then I guess ADK's also scum for doing the same thing... I would rather have a real day than a random lynch (E loses the duel everytime anyway) and a one-shot PR.

Meh. That's such a non-post.

I wasn’t calling you scummy for it. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just being flip.

What was this about Glooble?

Can you tell I'm looking for reasons to scumread you?

It was about I made a joke, you took it as an accusation, I didn’t mean it as one so I set the record straight.

He/ Him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 07, 2019, 06:49:41 am »

Glooble (1): jotheonah
jotheonah (1): Glooble

Can both of you (especially Glooble) explain what this is supposed to mean to everyone else?

This is my way of asking "why is he the scummiest player" to both of you.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #539 on: September 07, 2019, 07:51:24 am »

Can both of you (especially Glooble) explain what this is supposed to mean to everyone else?

I still think joth’s more than likely scum. But you’re right, it’s not a useful place to have my vote right now.

I’m gonna join this Robz train. He’s a very good joth partner candidate.

vote: Robz

He/ Him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 07, 2019, 08:01:07 am »

I should be voting for pubby.

The program recognizes the name as whatever is bolded and after the colon and whitespace of a vote. Since you put the smiley inside of the bolded tags, you voted for "pubby 8)", which is not a valid nickname for pubby. Please vote again.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #541 on: September 07, 2019, 08:11:12 am »

I should be voting for pubby.

The program recognizes the name as whatever is bolded and after the colon and whitespace of a vote. Since you put the smiley inside of the bolded tags, you voted for "pubby 8)", which is not a valid nickname for pubby. Please vote again.

That's stupid.

Vote: pubby
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 07, 2019, 08:30:13 am »

I still think joth’s more than likely scum.

Why? And I ask this less because I want to sheep you but more because I want to direct the lynch towards you and I'll need good arguments for that. But I do want to sheep, just not today.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 07, 2019, 08:45:31 am »

Bolding mine.

Finally, 1-shot abilities very often come to nothing, especially when you don't get to pick which night to use them.

I haven't seen anyone address this: do the one-shot PRs need to be used the night they're gained?

Why are you voting Glooble over this but not me? I don't understand this tunneling of Glooble. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 07, 2019, 08:49:07 am »

Unless you are actually trying to clear him?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 07, 2019, 08:51:16 am »

Bolding mine.

Why are you voting Glooble over this but not me? I don't understand this tunneling of Glooble. 

I asked myself the very same question when I voted. The tunnel's...pretty hard here.

I just want to be right on Glooble before I move onto Robz/pubby/Debatepro (or something, those seem like the lynches for today).

Unless you are actually trying to clear him?

Uuuuuh I'm trying to remove the tunnel, idk if that's trying to clear Glooble.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 07, 2019, 08:53:18 am »

Can we have a sub for 0Ix?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 07, 2019, 08:53:59 am »

vote: debatepro
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 07, 2019, 08:55:57 am »

Look at the current wagons:

Robz888 (5): e, EFHW, Debatepro, pubby, Glooble
Debatepro (4): A Drowned Kernel, DatSwan, MiX, jotheonah
pubby (4): mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, Awaclus

Man, if the twin fight doesn't have scum in it...I'll wake up from the dream.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 07, 2019, 09:03:42 am »

Look at the current wagons:

Robz888 (5): e, EFHW, Debatepro, pubby, Glooble
Debatepro (4): A Drowned Kernel, DatSwan, MiX, jotheonah
pubby (4): mcmcsalot, Robz888, Joseph2302, Awaclus

Man, if the twin fight doesn't have scum in it...I'll wake up from the dream.
What? We're all consolidated into 3 wagons. Obviously some of the voters are scum. I don't see how you draw inferences about anybody from this vote count.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.