Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 174656 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2019, 07:26:03 pm »

There's no guarantee it will be helpful, but it could be. My position is less that it is informative and more that it keeps scum in line. It's a deterrent against clumping their votes and makes it harder, not easier, for them to "spin false narrative."

Your refusing to claim is puzzling.
I voted no duel, mostly because I wasn’t around and didn’t think there was enough info to have a strong opinion about e or adk.

I am dissapointed.

Okay the setup has failed me, let's get on with D1 shenanigans like we always do...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2019, 08:18:46 pm »

There's no guarantee it will be helpful, but it could be. My position is less that it is informative and more that it keeps scum in line. It's a deterrent against clumping their votes and makes it harder, not easier, for them to "spin false narrative."

Your refusing to claim is puzzling.
I voted no duel, mostly because I wasn’t around and didn’t think there was enough info to have a strong opinion about e or adk.

I am dissapointed.

Okay the setup has failed me, let's get on with D1 shenanigans like we always do...

I think we got a fair bit of useful discussion out this
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2019, 12:10:04 am »

violà!

And I even looked up how to spell it to make sure I didn't miss up the spelling. And then I spelled it wrong.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 03, 2019, 12:14:17 am »

Let's try unexplained votes.

Vote: Glooble

I always try to build these airtight cases and am usually wrong. Let's see how this works without a case
So you just picked him at random? Are you expecting people to join?

Yeah, it was more a point of emphasis than a vote.

Unvote for now
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 03, 2019, 02:50:43 am »

I voted NO to the duel.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 03, 2019, 02:52:49 am »

Everyone needs to re read the post I made about "not voting for the duel". There could be a plan there down the road, but I can't come up with one.

This:
7/7 split would default to no duel, right?

Ties are duel.

Side note that i found important, dunno if this is common info or not, but it caught me off guard.

Yes, ties are duels... however if you do not vote, nothing happens. As in it doesn’t default to “no duel”.

To elaborate on this potential importance..
a) MoD confirmed.
b) Hypothetical accurate scenario - 14 players alive. 5 vote YES, 5 vote NO, 4 do nothing. We go to duel.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2019, 02:56:08 am »

DebatePro - The reason, imo at least, that specifically today right now (not necessarily later) that you should claim your vote is because it means nothing to skum. 48 hours of the game had passed when you had to make that choice. Reads don't matter at the time of the decision. All it does it create a data base of info.

Personally - I would of liked it if we just had not claimed, but since so many people have done so already, I think getting a full list neither helps skum nor hurts town... but it is info.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 03, 2019, 02:57:08 am »

DebatePro - The reason, imo at least, that specifically today right now (not necessarily later) that you should claim your vote is because it means nothing to skum. 48 hours of the game had passed when you had to make that choice. Reads don't matter at the time of the decision. All it does it create a data base of info.

Personally - I would of liked it if we just had not claimed, but since so many people have done so already, I think getting a full list neither helps skum nor hurts town... but it is info.

post catching up - just saw you did claim. mb. still stand by the reasoning.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 03, 2019, 03:19:30 am »

Update to Joth's previous list:

Claimed to vote YES (3):
e
Joseph
Robz

Claimed to vote NO (8):
pubby
mcmcsalot
Glooble
ADK
EFHW
MiX
Debate
Swan

Hasn't claimed (3):
Awaclus
I0X
joth

1) Joth since you were so persistent on getting others to claim... and you know Awaclus isn't... and I0X is the new guy... either a reason for not claiming or claim it up pretty please.

2) As expected, even if everyone claimed, it wouldn't matter today. That is 8 no-claims... which means, as we had no duel, it means nothing today.

3) E! ... just wtf? So if you know you are town, then the options are that either ADK is also town or skum. As everyone here is in the same boat when it comes to "making reads day 1 and being inevitably incorrect"... and you supposedly know you are town... I assume you have another reason for voting yes other than "because you thought you could get ADK lynched"... right? Because voting yes as town to the duel when you are part of town in this spot just seems... like a bad idea.

Wouldn't be the first time I have over looked something. However, until that thing is pointed out:

Vote: E
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2019, 03:56:45 am »

Everyone needs to re read the post I made about "not voting for the duel". There could be a plan there down the road, but I can't come up with one.

This:

Ties are duel.

Side note that i found important, dunno if this is common info or not, but it caught me off guard.

Yes, ties are duels... however if you do not vote, nothing happens. As in it doesn’t default to “no duel”.

a) MoD confirmed.
b) Hypothetical accurate scenario - 14 players alive. 5 vote YES, 5 vote NO, 4 do nothing. We go to duel.

Swan is town and Debatepro would be town if he hadn't voted at all. That was why I wanted his vote.

I don't think this is important other than townreading players that got this confirmation (I also asked the mod about this), I can't really see a scenario where intentionally abstaining is anything but a safeclaim from scum (and good forn any town to do). In fact we should force everyone to vote.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 03, 2019, 05:27:22 am »

Vote Count 1.4

Robz888 (2): pubby, EFHW
Debatepro (1): MiX
jotheonah (1): Robz888
e (2): A Drowned Kernel, DatSwan
MiX (1): Awaclus
A Drowned Kernel (1): Joseph2302
pubby (3): mcmcsalot, jotheonah, Glooble

Not Voting (3): Debatepro, Uncleeurope, e

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep. 8, 06:30 forum time. That is in 5 days and 1+ hours.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:50:16 pm by silverspawn »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2019, 08:26:06 am »

1) Joth since you were so persistent on getting others to claim... and you know Awaclus isn't... and I0X is the new guy... either a reason for not claiming or claim it up pretty please.

I was being coy because there was a very specific circumstance where I might have been able to gotcha scum, but with your claim that dream is dead.

At the last minute, I voted yes for the duel. It was a change in my previous thinking. For one thing, ADK had been scumread by Glooble, who I tend to trust, and e wasn’t having an exceptionally townie game. It felt like they were both decent day 1 lynches. And partly I felt it would be better for the vote to be closer, for this scenario we’re in right now.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 03, 2019, 08:29:54 am »

Basically since I voted yes but people assumed I voted no, wemight have ended up in a situation where we had too many yes claims. It would require scum lying in a weird direction, but might have panned out if scum voted no and their were scum among {Robz, Joseph}.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2019, 08:36:48 am »

Basically since I voted yes but people assumed I voted no, wemight have ended up in a situation where we had too many yes claims. It would require scum lying in a weird direction, but might have panned out if scum voted no and their were scum among {Robz, Joseph}.

DAMMIT that's exactly what I wanted to do! Stop being town! I feel bad now...

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2019, 08:48:44 am »

Since everyone knows the vote was "no duel" why would scum lie about their vote as a "yes duel". Seems more likely they vote yes and say they voted no. Unless scum are ignorant, there is no way until we get to read the QTs we can determine how someone voted.
FNG

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2019, 08:54:02 am »

This:

Ties are duel.

a) MoD confirmed.

I don't think there is a plan there
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2019, 08:56:14 am »

Okay that sounds towny to me
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 03, 2019, 08:58:04 am »

Since everyone knows the vote was "no duel" why would scum lie about their vote as a "yes duel". Seems more likely they vote yes and say they voted no. Unless scum are ignorant, there is no way until we get to read the QTs we can determine how someone voted.

Then everyone who voted yes is town.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 03, 2019, 09:01:54 am »

If e flips scum, scum would rather have said that they voted yes for the duel. In fact I think scum in general wants to claim Yes here, since that's the "townier" answer since you risk getting caught if you're lying
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 03, 2019, 09:03:51 am »

I'm actually going to give joth scumpoints for coming out with a yes claim after there were enough no claims for it to be safe
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 03, 2019, 09:31:56 am »

vote: I0X

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:12 am »

I agree with the e vote though. To me it makes sense to lynch in the sets of either {ADK, e} or of the people who voted yes. e is in both. I'll gladly change my vote to e if anyone wants to join in.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 03, 2019, 09:39:49 am »

Robz and/or Joseph might have felt like they had to lie because they were so adamant about being pro-duel before the vote.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #373 on: September 03, 2019, 09:40:49 am »

That's not how it works.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 03, 2019, 09:42:48 am »

Not objectively true, because someone who said they'd vote yes could vote no instead if they were scum
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.