Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 175725 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2019, 05:18:18 pm »

But not voting is so default that it basically says nothing about his reads. For all we know he didn't vote! Besides it's TWO DAYS OF READS are you telling me revealing two days of reads, of a player that didn't appear untill afterwards, says anything at all about their reads at the end of D1? No it doesn't! The upside is small but so clearly bigger than the downside.

If not voting is the default, then it would be extra bad if scum found out that he voted yes.

This is false, no one has any hidden information about anyone's roles thus this """information" about his """reads""" is worth ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Not now, at least. What you're saying is truthful things at a later stage of the game, then applying them when it's not true for towncred and "Awaclus points". No, I'm not letting you.

Vote: Awaclus

Also you only addressed the first part of my post. Why?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2019, 05:18:27 pm »

What you're saying is truthful things at a later stage of the game

TIL N1 is a late stage of the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2019, 05:20:01 pm »

But not voting is so default that it basically says nothing about his reads. For all we know he didn't vote! Besides it's TWO DAYS OF READS are you telling me revealing two days of reads, of a player that didn't appear untill afterwards, says anything at all about their reads at the end of D1? No it doesn't! The upside is small but so clearly bigger than the downside.

If not voting is the default, then it would be extra bad if scum found out that he voted yes.

This is false, no one has any hidden information about anyone's roles thus this """information" about his """reads""" is worth ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Not now, at least. What you're saying is truthful things at a later stage of the game, then applying them when it's not true for towncred and "Awaclus points". No, I'm not letting you.

I don't think there is an upside at all so I'm not sure what you were rambling on about.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2019, 05:22:21 pm »

What you're saying is truthful things at a later stage of the game

TIL N1 is a late stage of the game.

Someone's reads from two days is not going to be comparable to someone's development throughout the day. Not even slighly comparable. You're just lying for towncred.

I don't think there is an upside at all so I'm not sure what you were rambling on about.

I have a reason to want to know Debatepro's vote. And joth's right (I think that's who said that) making scum claim now limits their options slightly.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #329 on: September 02, 2019, 05:26:10 pm »

Someone's reads from two days is not going to be comparable to someone's development throughout the day. Not even slighly comparable. You're just lying for towncred.

It's still better than nothing. If I was scum, getting to know which way a random townie voted would be more important to me than whatever "towncred" you think I'm getting out of this.

I have a reason to want to know Debatepro's vote.

Well it's nice of you to admit that. Vote: MiX

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2019, 05:27:06 pm »

If someone other than MiX wants me to claim I will, but near zero is really zero.

I do
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2019, 05:28:20 pm »

I don't think claiming is that important since everything happened just as planned. A majority of people said they didn't want to duel in the first 48 hours and violà! No duel

Stop saying that people said that, because people didn't say that. All people said is that they weren't going to automatically vote yes no matter who the candidates were
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2019, 05:29:41 pm »

It's still better than nothing. If I was scum, getting to know which way a random townie voted would be more important to me than whatever "towncred" you think I'm getting out of this.

False, this would go against your townmeta and if anyone caught it you would be lynched so fast you wouldn't believe. This is yet another lie.

I have a reason to want to know Debatepro's vote.

Well it's nice of you to admit that. Vote: MiX

Weak, predictable and null. Also you're already voting me.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2019, 05:39:01 pm »

If someone other than MiX wants me to claim I will, but near zero is really zero.
I do

I progressively elaborated my position, anyone other than mix with the best reason to reveal or not to reveal. My gut was telling me don’t do what MiX wants, but if others do then I will. Should have said I’ll consider it.
FNG

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2019, 05:40:32 pm »

False, this would go against your townmeta and if anyone caught it you would be lynched so fast you wouldn't believe. This is yet another lie.

So you're saying that as town, I would do the thing that gets me lynched so fast I wouldn't believe? What sense does that make?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2019, 05:41:10 pm »

7/7 split would default to no duel, right?

Ties are duel.

Side note that i found important, dunno if this is common info or not, but it caught me off guard.

Yes, ties are duels... however if you do not vote, nothing happens. As in it doesn’t default to “no duel”.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 02, 2019, 05:43:53 pm »

So you're saying that as town, I would do the thing that gets me lynched so fast I wouldn't believe? What sense does that make?

I'm saying that as town you would do the same here, which is pushing for no claims. That is null. Saying that you wouldn't do what you're doing as scum is the lie.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2019, 05:45:45 pm »

I do

I progressively elaborated my position, anyone other than mix with the best reason to reveal or not to reveal. My gut was telling me don’t do what MiX wants, but if others do then I will. Should have said I’ll consider it.

How about: I don't see that claiming votes reveals any more info about people's reads to scum than normal voting and discussion, and that deliberately trying to hide who you do and do not want lynched is something scum would like to do
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 02, 2019, 05:47:09 pm »

I would like debate and Awaclus and 0iX to claim.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 02, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »

I do

How about: I don't see that claiming votes reveals any more info about people's reads to scum than normal voting and discussion, and that deliberately trying to hide who you do and do not want lynched is something scum would like to do

Hmm...I don't think everyone's reads on everyone need to be public, and maybe ADK/e aren't going to be viable lynched today. So this is slightly wrong.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #340 on: September 02, 2019, 05:56:55 pm »

Saying that you wouldn't do what you're doing as scum is the lie.

I'm not sure how I would play this situation as scum. There's a number of things I could do if I was scum here, such as protesting against sharing this information and just trusting that town is going to ignore me and share it anyway, pretending to not be here until the information gets revealed and acting disappointed afterwards, or come up with an explanation for why I'm suddenly in favor of massclaiming information. But it is absolutely true that "if I was scum, getting to know which way a random townie voted would be more important to me than whatever 'towncred' you think I'm getting out of this".

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 02, 2019, 06:05:10 pm »

Vote: Debatepro

Awaclus has one non-null post this game. And it's slightly towny. His reaction is null. Everything he does is null. He literally admitted to also doing this as scum, but of course scum!Awaclus does what town!Awaclus does. I'm pretty dissapointed this is the reaction but what else should I expect at this point...

Also I have a feeling no one can match me in terms of number of posts, so if I don't control myself I'll overwhelm the thread. Maybe ADK can? But from what I remember it was mostly faust, and, well.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 02, 2019, 06:10:38 pm »

I don't think claiming is that important since everything happened just as planned. A majority of people said they didn't want to duel in the first 48 hours and violà! No duel

Disagree, I still think everyone should claim. I don't think it gives scum too many reads info and it absolutely is info town can use both now and later.

How does town use this info now and later? It's easy for any scum to pull threads together to spin false narrative and nudge votes towards a specific town.
There's no guarantee it will be helpful, but it could be. My position is less that it is informative and more that it keeps scum in line. It's a deterrent against clumping their votes and makes it harder, not easier, for them to "spin false narrative."

Your refusing to claim is puzzling.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2019, 06:11:24 pm »

What about DatSwan?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2019, 06:18:11 pm »

What about DatSwan?

Him too.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 02, 2019, 06:26:41 pm »

I do

Hmm...I don't think everyone's reads on everyone need to be public, and maybe ADK/e aren't going to be viable lynched today. So this is slightly wrong.

Not every vote needs to be public but this was a pretty major event that everyone had to take an active yes/no stance on. Usually admittedly subjective personal heuristics, I'm placing this as being of similar importance as knowing who was on or off a town lynch (but less importance as knowing who was on or off a scum lynch)
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 02, 2019, 06:33:43 pm »

That should be "every read" not "every vote"
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2019, 06:47:07 pm »

I think it's time to go back to scumhunting,  and I therefore would like to know why e is still avoiding my questions about his Glooble vote.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 02, 2019, 07:07:49 pm »

What is this we got a couple no's so we don't want need other answers bs. Of course there are a bunch of no's, we collectively voted no duel i am curious to know all of the people who did vote for the duel.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2019, 07:23:40 pm »

There's no guarantee it will be helpful, but it could be. My position is less that it is informative and more that it keeps scum in line. It's a deterrent against clumping their votes and makes it harder, not easier, for them to "spin false narrative."

Your refusing to claim is puzzling.
I voted no duel, mostly because I wasn’t around and didn’t think there was enough info to have a strong opinion about e or adk.
FNG
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.