Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Game over ; Mafia wins flawlessly)  (Read 174720 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: M124: GPT-2 Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2019, 10:32:32 am »

MiX: doesn’t want to lynch e by default

Also MiX: wants to lynch e the regular way instead

Well then I guess ADK's also scum for doing the same thing... I would rather have a real day than a random lynch (E loses the duel everytime anyway) and a one-shot PR.

Meh. That's such a non-post.

I wasn’t calling you scummy for it. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just being flip.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2019, 10:35:41 am »

Well then I guess ADK's also scum for doing the same thing... I would rather have a real day than a random lynch (E loses the duel everytime anyway) and a one-shot PR.

I wasn’t calling you scummy for it. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just being flip.

Oh. Next time say "lol MiX logic", that would make me laugh  :P

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2019, 10:43:41 am »

Vote Count 1.4 Ultra Rare 8.71% / Very Rare / The Time Warp / Win an RvR game without engaging a nearby enemy. 3.2% / Ultra Rare 9.60% / Very Rare / Doom / Destroy all of the enemy units on the field. 2.9% / Ultra Rare 7.65% / Very Rare / Nimbus / Use only any one of four Nimbus weapons (Rifle, Machinegun, Flamer, Grenade). 2.0%

Glooble (1): e
Robz888 (3): pubby, DatSwan, EFHW
jotheonah (1): Robz888
e (2): A Drowned Kernel, MiX
MiX (2): Awaclus, Joseph2302
pubby (3): mcmcsalot, jotheonah, Glooble

Not Voting (2): Debatepro, Uncleeurope

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep. 8, 06:30 forum time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:43:39 pm by silverspawn »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2019, 10:43:49 am »

Claiming votes is stupid and we shouldn't do it. Scum can just fakeclaim they voted for the outcome that went through so we don't learn anything useful from it, but scum does.
If they fakeclaim,  the numbers might not add up and POE becomes a thing. Claiming discourages them from trying scummy stuff.

What numbers? We only know that the majority of people voted no. No is a safe fake claim.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2019, 10:57:26 am »

Claiming votes is stupid and we shouldn't do it. Scum can just fakeclaim they voted for the outcome that went through so we don't learn anything useful from it, but scum does.
If they fakeclaim,  the numbers might not add up and POE becomes a thing. Claiming discourages them from trying scummy stuff.

What numbers? We only know that the majority of people voted no. No is a safe fake claim.

What’s the benefit of not claiming?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2019, 11:08:37 am »

Check-in:

Claimed yes vote
e

Probable yes vote
Robz888
Joseph2302

Claimed no vote
pubby
mcmcsalot
Glooble
ADK
EFHW
MiX

Hasn't claimed
Awaclus
Debatepro
I0X
joth
DatSwan

So unless all five of us who have yet to claim voted yes, Awaclus is right: this isn't going to tell us anything. And I'm sure you can all figure out how I voted.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2019, 11:10:21 am »

Scum doesn't get to know which town players could be convinced to lynch ADK and/or e.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2019, 11:40:40 am »

Hey now, that is totally not true. I don't lose the duel every time. I guess I do have a more abrasive personality than ADK, but still
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2019, 11:42:44 am »

Also take this into account all you meta people: I lynched myself D1 once because I thought it was the best thing for town.

Was I right? I don't know. But we did win that game
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 02, 2019, 11:44:41 am »

Hey now, that is totally not true. I don't lose the duel every time. I guess I do have a more abrasive personality than ADK, but still

Sadly I can't look into the future and see what would happen in 6 days, so your guess is as good as mine. I wasn't ready to lynch you if I thought ADK was townier than you, and that's enough for me to say no to the duel. Although I understand what you're saying and it feels wrong to say that ADK wins the duel everytime, because it's like saying he's better than you. I do think he was townier, and I believe he would generally be townier all day, and we would eventually lynch you. But again, I don't know.

Also take this into account all you meta people: I lynched myself D1 once because I thought it was the best thing for town.

Was I right? I don't know. But we did win that game

Oh yeah you're being scumread I forgot.

Unvote

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2019, 11:49:40 am »

I firmly believe that dueling for PRs is a valid strategy.

For all of you who are sold on ADK being town and assume I lose the duel, you don't trust ADK with a PR?

D1 lynch now gives us no benefit unless we catch scum. D1 duel gives us a PR that we can use.

Also, the information gained from no duel is significantly less because so many people claimed to be in the "never duel D1" camp. Assume more people expressed approval of a D1 duel and it doesn't happen. Then we learn something. Or people expressed no duel and then a duel happens. Again, we learn something.

Here we learned that people didn't want to duel, and there was no duel.

Exciting

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2019, 11:57:09 am »

Sadly I can't look into the future and see what would happen in 6 days, so your guess is as good as mine. I wasn't ready to lynch you if I thought ADK was townier than you, and that's enough for me to say no to the duel.

I will put you in the "never duel" column

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2019, 11:59:28 am »

Sadly I can't look into the future and see what would happen in 6 days, so your guess is as good as mine. I wasn't ready to lynch you if I thought ADK was townier than you, and that's enough for me to say no to the duel.

If you think that duel would pass without me you're wrong. You're right that I chickened out tho. Didn't expect ADK, bah.

For all of you who are sold on ADK being town and assume I lose the duel, you don't trust ADK with a PR?

The PR is randomly assigned. Yeeeeeah.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2019, 12:02:33 pm »

Everyone acknowledges the risk associated with a duel. I also acknowledge the benefits.

Thinking more, it is scummy for ADK to say no to the duel. Sure, I am town, but I would gladly be lynched D1 if it let to a successful cop result.

ADK played the predictable, safe game that scum is able to do in a vanilla game. Which is what we are playing right now. What are we going to "know" for the duel D2? Probably about the same as we know now except (more than likely) we have 2 dead townies.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2019, 12:04:26 pm »

If you think that duel would pass without me you're wrong. You're right that I chickened out tho. Didn't expect ADK, bah.

The PR is randomly assigned. Yeeeeeah.

Oh, reading the setup carefully is a thing.

Also destroys my whole thing about ADK in the last post

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2019, 12:05:47 pm »

I was thinking the randomly assigned was the PR from the list of 4. Not the person.

Again, reading for comprehension. It's a thing. Because I did read the setup

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 02, 2019, 12:07:53 pm »

But that makes sense. Otherwise scum would just kill off the person who won the duel if they are town for getting the PR.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 02, 2019, 01:35:42 pm »

It wouldn't be an issue in every case, but could become an issue if the numbers for and against were almost equal and the scum wants to lie about their vote.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 02, 2019, 01:43:51 pm »

@EFHW to me voting for a duel you are in looks to me like someone trying very hard to look unconcerned and towny
Seems like e is trying to say that a town:town duel is worth it because of the pr. I don't agree with that, though. The informational cost is high, and the pr could end up being wasted if a scum player is randomly chosen, and we don't know how good the prs are.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #294 on: September 02, 2019, 01:48:13 pm »

It wouldn't be an issue in every case, but could become an issue if the numbers for and against were almost equal and the scum wants to lie about their vote.

It's only an issue if a scummy vote is the majority, which it shouldn't ever be.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 02, 2019, 01:54:16 pm »

I firmly believe that dueling for PRs is a valid strategy.

D1 lynch now gives us no benefit unless we catch scum. D1 duel gives us a PR that we can use.

Also, the information gained from no duel is significantly less because so many people claimed to be in the "never duel D1" camp. Assume more people expressed approval of a D1 duel and it doesn't happen. Then we learn something. Or people expressed no duel and then a duel happens. Again, we learn something.

Here we learned that people didn't want to duel, and there was no duel.

Exciting

I believe the "never duel" camp was literally just EFHW
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 02, 2019, 01:56:40 pm »

None unless you subscribe to awaclus's "town revealing their reads is bad" philosophy
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 02, 2019, 02:20:34 pm »

It's only an issue if a scummy vote is the majority, which it shouldn't ever be.

It's really easy to come up with this scenario: Two townies are dueled, 5 town vote no, 3 town vote yes, 2 scum vote yes. Now when everyone claims you'll realized that scum wanted the duel to pass, which means it's not two scum. This is why it's useful, these scenarios can happen. Also you'll realize that no matter what split scum makes, you'll end up in conflicts. Thus claiming votes is good.

Now, how frequent is this? Well, I think scum wants to force a town vs town duel, especially later in the day, so they would do the above even if it looks bad, and town might vote yes: maybe one of them looks scummy? And I know I would just vote yes on the above as scum, it's a free mislynch.

Scenarios for claiming when there's no duel are weirder, but they stem from the same thing: all town voting for one thing and the other happening. We wouldn't know without claiming votes, so we should definitely claim votes every time.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 02, 2019, 02:30:31 pm »

I think knowing how everyone voted will be useful later when we have flips. So we might as well force people to commit to an answer now?

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #299 on: September 02, 2019, 02:30:42 pm »

It's really easy to come up with this scenario: Two townies are dueled, 5 town vote no, 3 town vote yes, 2 scum vote yes. Now when everyone claims you'll realized that scum wanted the duel to pass, which means it's not two scum. This is why it's useful, these scenarios can happen. Also you'll realize that no matter what split scum makes, you'll end up in conflicts. Thus claiming votes is good.

What you mean is this scenario: Two townies are dueled, 5 people vote no, 5 people vote yes. Now when everyone claims you'll have no way of telling the two apart.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.